What's new

Tech - Kung Jin Hey Guys, Kung Jin Can Stuff Wake-Up Armor. lolol

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
You have to admit, considering all Kung Jin has, this is hilarious and 100% silly. The only hope characters have of not being overwhelmed with safe 50/50s is to waste their meter and try to escape, but even that's futile. Why bait or be careful of armoured wakeups like the majority of the cast when you can just stuff them out every time? Even if it's blocked it's neutral so Kung Jin can keep pressing those buttons regardless of what their opponent does. It almost completely eliminates the need to think on wakeup.

loooooool

Last edited:

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
At this point I'm going to just main Kung Jin myself because there's no way facing one is an even match. Not spending my money traveling to tournaments to lose to Kung Jin.

Co-main Jin begins tonight. Staying that way unless he gets nerfed. This is just stupid at this point.
But...but Kano. Zoning.

Is the zoner dream dead?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Lol at people calling for nerfs. I'm not familiar with all characters but any fast double hitting move can stop armor wakeups. The thing is its usually unsafe and can be punished. God for bid yoi get knocked down and can't just wake up For free.

People need to stop crying about Kung jin.
It is not unsafe on block it is nuetral. So he can keep pressing buttons even when you guess right and respect him attempting to stuff your wake up

Wigy

There it is...
I've been steamrolling on line with this

If u use the bola variation u can use low boomarang toss thing to get 34% by cancelling it off the f3 anywhere on screen.

This stuffs wakeups and creates a 50/50 for one bar that ends at 0frames advantage if they block either, for characters with 8 frame pokes and above u basically can't get out of this lol, cause u can't block jins d1 in fear of the overhead again.

This absolutely should get nerfed i'm beating players way better than me cause of it.

Once they start using the only thing to work against it stay laying down, u can go for b1 and f2 mixups instead as they get up.

Also in the Bola variation if u end combos in db3+d4 u get a hard knockdown and can go for more f3 wakeup mixups.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
It is not unsafe on block it is nuetral. So he can keep pressing buttons even when you guess right and respect him attempting to stuff your wake up
That's kinda fucked up. Most moves like this are usually punishable.

Does it work on low profile wakeups like scorpions takedown? Or moving ones like teleport?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
That's kinda fucked up. Most moves like this are usually punishable.

Does it work on low profile wakeups like scorpions takedown? Or moving ones like teleport?
Not sure I haven't tested it myself my roommate plays Kung Jin though. He was actually going to main him and then saw how little effort he needed to play the character and dropped him because it was making him worse at the game lol

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Mileena's is neutral as well. It can link into a 30+ combo. Why don't people talk about Mileena again?
Because Mileena is nowhere near as good as Kung Jin. Mileena arguably needs something like this. Kung Jin most certainly does not. Kung Jin is already looking to be a top tier character judging by everything he has, so giving him something as powerful as this is complete overkill.

Last edited:

Scoot Magee

Not sure I haven't tested it myself my roommate plays Kung Jin though. He was actually going to main him and then saw how little effort he needed to play the character and dropped him because it was making him worse at the game lol
Wait so you don't even play him and didn't test any of this? I would do more research before saying something is safe to do.

From what I know, if you go for f3 after a knockdown the timing has to be precise to stuff a wakeup. If you're timing it to stuff a wakeup you can't cover the option of them staying in the ground which can result in a full punish. You canr just throw out f3 every time with no consequences. Not to mention all the wakeups in the game that f3 can't beat.

Also I want to see all the people that think the character is so brain dead go win with him. That's like an insult to all kj mains.

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
But...but Kano. Zoning.

Is the zoner dream dead?
Haha yea Kano's still my guy, but Kung Jin is honestly just stupid at this point. So stupid that even saying how good he is and will be can't actually be measured because it's that ridiculous.

They basically took a character, gave him the either one of the best or the best of every possible scenario of fighting, and called him Kung Jin lol.

I'm going to a few upcoming tournaments this week, weekend, and next week, and I'm having a hard time finding reasons not to use Kung Jin and I hate the guy lolol.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Wait so you don't even play him and didn't test any of this? I would do more research before saying something is safe to do.

From what I know, if you go for f3 after a knockdown the timing has to be precise to stuff a wakeup. If you're timing it to stuff a wakeup you can't cover the option of them staying in the ground which can result in a full punish. You canr just throw out f3 every time with no consequences. Not to mention all the wakeups in the game that f3 can't beat.

Also I want to see all the people that think the character is so brain dead go win with him. That's like an insult to all kj mains.
I tested to see it was nuetral on block and safe, I just didnt test if it beat moves like Scorpions slide wake up

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Haha yea Kano's still my guy, but Kung Jin is honestly just stupid at this point. So stupid that even saying how good he is and will be can't actually be measured because it's that ridiculous.

They basically took a character, gave him the either one of the best or the best of every possible scenario of fighting, and called him Kung Jin lol.

I'm going to a few upcoming tournaments this week, weekend, and next week, and I'm having a hard time finding reasons not to use Kung Jin and I hate the guy lolol.
His hair is stupid. There is your reason.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
Mileena's standing 3 is also like the exact same animation as Kung Jin's f3 and serves the same purpose, although it's not quite as good. Mileena's f1 and s3 can both cancel into EX specials on whiff, so simply canceling into EX roll will blow up most armored wakeups.

Scoot Magee

I tested to see it was nuetral on block and safe, I just didnt test if it beat moves like Scorpions slide wake up
I couldn't get it to beat his teleport though, someone correct me if it does. Still the Kung Jin player has to make a read on wake up in order to time f3 correctly to beat wake ups. It can be baited and whiff punished so it's really not as bad as people make it seem. The character is very good but he's not as braindead as people make him out to be. Watch as the game progresses and people start to deal with him. Not to mention all the shit with other characters that we aren't even seeing right now.

I know, Kung Jin has safe 50/50's...his armored wake-up leads to mid 30's damage...his reach is insane...his mix-ups are hard to deal with...he has decent zoning to go with that.

You know what? Why don't you just Armor Wake-Up to kill momentum?

Oh, that's why. ;)

Just a perfectly timed F3 hits twice and fast enough to where you'll, at most, be pushed back a little...this is vs a 0 frame start-up move.

If you time it perfectly, you stand there ready to do this until your fingers get tired. 7% every time

Remember, adapt ;) haha
(New here)
Could you direct me to where KJ's 50/50s & Mixups are discussed and explained?

Thanks in advanced!

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
mileena has the same normal that does same thing....but its not overhead....and its not safe.......:(

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
This wouldn't be significant if it was punishable on block by a poke.

but no... its 0

His frames .... his disjointed weapon

reminds me of another .......

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
After 20 minutes in the training room with [ban incoming] boy dick stick variation I went 25 - 5 against a thundergod raiden who has been playing TG since day 1. You were right about 11 jip btw. 111 can be poked under and it wiffs on crouched opponents.

People can keep pretending he's not good or not OP. Do other characters have dirt? sure. Kung Jin has everything a character could ever ask for. It's kinda ridiculous.

I love people that are all "huuuurrrr I playededed him on dai one and now I'm mad cuz other ppl play him only I'm allowed to!"

I don't want to play him.. But I want to win too, so keeping him in the back pocket is a good idea i suppose, but I have no respect for anyone who wins anything with him.
Pick him up, go to a major, place top 8.

Remember he's brain dead? Honestly, you probably have little to no information on his frame data or spacing.

What makes KJ broken as fuck and not D'Vorah? Cuz nobody is using her? She gets 40's easily one bar anywhere on the stage. And not like barely 40's...I'm talking 43-44%. Not to mention a full screen zoning tool that pops up for full combo in Swarm Queen lol or how about Quan with his full screen bs?

Before you start talking about "no respect to KJ players", use him and show everybody how easy he is to use.