What's new

Hey guys! Did you miss me?!

LI_Joe

Noob
I might get in trouble for making this thread. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and apologize for my long hiatus from this site. I'm looking forward to breaking down injustice with everyone when it drops!

I do have a question though. Did Mk have those weird input errors when get crossed up? It feels to happen more often then none where ill get crossed up and try to do a down 1 or down back 1 and ill get a hcb or qcf move. Anyone feel this?

STORMS

Co-founder
Administrator
A true OG MK player returns. Anyone who thinks otherwise... time to hit the books.

Welcome back, Joe!

STORMS

Co-founder
Administrator
I do have a question though. Did Mk have those weird input errors when get crossed up? It feels to happen more often then none where ill get crossed up and try to do a down 1 or down back 1 and ill get a hcb or qcf move. Anyone feel this?
Sabin or Tom Brady would be the ones to answer this.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Excellente. Injustice bringing my new MK favorite people together with my old Capcom/non-MK favorites from my pre-MK 9 life together under one game.

Let's do dis. I'm hype.

Tom Brady

Champion
I might get in trouble for making this thread. Just wanted to say hi to everyone and apologize for my long hiatus from this site. I'm looking forward to breaking down injustice with everyone when it drops!

Yes, on MK control scheme specials are D,B/D,F commands. Hitting D1 sometimes registers as D,B or D,F. Switch your controls to Alternate Controls - "ON", this changes the inputs and removes the D,B/D,F stuff.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Yes, on MK control scheme specials are D,B/D,F commands. Hitting D1 sometimes registers as D,B or D,F. Switch your controls to Alternate Controls - "ON", this changes the inputs and removes the D,B/D,F stuff.
This is good to know, this was irritating in the demo.

colt

Elder God
Elder God
NetherRealm Studios
default controls handles special move buffering almost exactly the same as MK9. So yes when you hit down + button if there is any slop you will get a db or df motion. You can either use alternate controls or hit straight down everytime.

another thing to remember / be aware of is release check on/off ONLY effects the button press. This has nothing at all to do with motion scanning.

cyke_out

Warrior
default controls handles special move buffering almost exactly the same as MK9. So yes when you hit down + button if there is any slop you will get a db or df motion. You can either use alternate controls or hit straight down everytime.

another thing to remember / be aware of is release check on/off ONLY effects the button press. This has nothing at all to do with motion scanning.

Is this system wide effect, or can two separate players on the same console set up their control options independently of each other?

colt

Elder God
Elder God
NetherRealm Studios
hey colt what does negative edge mean ?
special move scanning to work off of both pressing or releasing a button. It is defaulted to ON. this allows you to do some combos with less buttons presses or faster inputs. like Attack2, (hold the button down), hit down the forward then let go of attack2 to 2in1 cancel into a fireball move ect. This is an issue for some people who try to do some combos too fast like 112 into DF press 3 and then get a 112 into DF release-2. So now they have the option to turn it off.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
special move scanning to work off of both pressing or releasing a button. It is defaulted to ON. this allows you to do some combos with less buttons presses or faster inputs. like Attack2, (hold the button down), hit down the forward then let go of attack2 to 2in1 cancel into a fireball move ect. This is an issue for some people who try to do some combos too fast like 112 into DF press 3 and then get a 112 into DF release-2. So now they have the option to turn it off.
hold on ill get my kleenex

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
iim gonna keep negative edge, cuz don't some option selects stem from having negative edge? o-0