What's new

Hemlock's Progress Thread!

Hemlock

Noob
Beat the game so far with Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, Cyber Sub Zero, and Kratos (Vita) Fun stuff! I feel lame when I beat Shao Kahn with projectiles, but Shao Kahn is pretty cheap himself...

Hemlock

Noob
Wow. I do not even remember beating the game with Kratos. So I haven't played any MK in over 4 months. That's RIDIC. I've played a few Vita games while on the bus, but that doesn't really count as a serious play session.

I dusted off the fight stick and continued the Challenge Tower.

Challenge Tower: 127 (before I accidentally deleted my save I was around 225)
Bonus Challenge Tower (Vita): 41 (defeat Reptile with Rain - Reptile is invincible when invisible - this one is REALLY frustrating! I need to get a controller grip attachment for my Vita)

Hemlock

Noob
FINALLY got past #41.

I used the water bubble to drop him in my lap, use the aqua blast (to turn him un-invincible) and then water bubble again (if he ran away) to drop him and do a little thing I like to call a 4,3,b4, SUP NOW, FOOL?

that combo did 17% damage and helped a lot.

Hemlock

Noob
Just got Street Fighter x Tekken today and beat it with Bob and Abel. I love this game! Very different from MK, in a great way. This is a great compliment to MK in how different the playstyle and commands are. I'm 3.83% completed! Ha!

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Just got Street Fighter x Tekken today and beat it with Bob and Abel. I love this game! Very different from MK, in a great way. This is a great compliment to MK in how different the playstyle and commands are. I'm 3.83% completed! Ha!
Just curious, are you at all interested in Injustice, yo?

Hemlock

Noob
Just curious, are you at all interested in Injustice, yo?
Just drank some DP yesterday. Your avatar always makes me want to do that.

I am interested in Injustice - looks like a lot of cool gameplay ideas, but I kind of want to branch out in a different direction. MK brought be back to my passion for fighting games that I hadn't experienced since CvS2 and I want to check out the "classics" of Street Fighter and King of Fighters, particularly their new iterations with exciting new innovations (SFxT and KoFXIII [I consider SFxT more innovative than SSFIVAE]).

I feel a little bit like a party pooper; everyone is like "Hey! Hemlock! We're going swimming!" And I'm like, "Actually, I spent a lot of time getting my hair set up, so I'm going to sit poolside and watch you guys, but when we have the dance party in the evening, I will join in!"

Sometimes my favorite artists come out with new albums and I don't listen to them because I'm not in the right head space or I'm not done absorbing the last album. (El-P is someone who comes to mind)

I came late to the MK game last year (wow, has it only been a year?) and now I feel like I have to catch up. I just got SFxT and am having a lot of fun with it. I like the combo system in this game and I want to learn more about SF's combo style & MK's and learn more about fighting games in general. To make things more complicated, I am getting a Neo Geo X soon and will want to spend my time with the older games that influenced these newer ones. And THEN I want to go in a totally different direction and get schooled in KoF and all the ways that game is in a league of it's own. I consider MK, SF and KoF different martial arts.

I am considering Injustice a relative to MK. I've played the demo and I liked the feel of the fighting. It did remind me of MK in a way. So I mentally want to finish out my goals for MK (Challenge Towers, Ladder with a few other characters, combo fluency) before continuing on to Injustice. It will be weird since I'll be "late to the game" again, but what can I say? I gotta do things at my own pace. These games are really meaningful to me so it's important that I'm able to devote the headspace to absorbing the philosophy and learning everything I can about myself, from the game.

REALLY long answer to your question. :cool:

Hemlock

Noob
Went out of town and played tons of MK bonus challenge tower on Vita. I got the CTA PS Vita Grip so that makes playing WAY more comfortable and fun.

Been visiting the SFxT forum on Shoryuken pretty regularly. Been watching a lot of videos and am really really excited about SFxT at EVO. Also looking forward MK (of course) as well as Melee, KOFXIII, and I think I'll watch the Tekken Tag Top 8. Don't really know much about that game.

Oh and following Daigo in SSFIV! I really want him to win.

I've been learning a lot more about pros since I've been watching all these competition videos. I also saw a nice documentary on Mike Ross. Makes me want to get involved in a local community here in Chicago (for either MK or SFxT). I know GGA is here, but wish I had some friends who also were interested before I just roll up some place without knowing anyone.

Would like to use my Xbox Live trial sometime soon to play MK and SFxT online. Looks fun. Been watching lots of online "shows" where people play online. "Excellent Adventures of Gootecks and Mike Ross" and "Mike Ross' Neighborhood" are really funny. Just watched an episode of the latter where Mike Ross had Filipino Champ over and the trash talking was hilarious.

(start at 39:00)

anyway - I'm not posting here or checking that often since the focus is on Injustice, but still, just a shoutout to my homies: Chongo, Owerbart, Espio, DrivingBlind, Zydrate, Karried, everyone I forgot!

Hemlock

Noob
WELL

or as they say on the internet

WELP

I just got Virtua Fighter 5 for xbox and am quite obsessed with it, so it looks like I will take a break from SFxT which was a break from MK. So i'll still come by here to post off topic!

I'm playing as Shun Di and his drunken kung-fu is awesome. love the drink mechanic. going to play now ttyl bye

Hemlock

Noob
Got really excited by EVO and have been playing more MK. only back up to 151 in challenge tower - i can't believe i'm that far behind!

I am wanting to try out Quan Chi for a few weeks and see how it is. My main goal is to frustrate opponents :)

Hemlock

Noob
Challenge Tower: 169
Bonus Challenge Tower (Vita): 118

In other news, I decided to main Quan Chi! My other favorites remain: Noob, Nightwolf, Cyber Sub Zero.

The thing I love about this game is that if you get bored, you just try a new character. ALSO: I'm FINALLY getting Xbox Live! I got an account and will start it up next week after my show and getting back from being out of town. Looking forward to playing with some of you folks after a year+ of being on here.

Hemlock

Noob
Quan Chi has been a lot of fun. I finally played against a human, my buddy who is a good FG player, but doesn't know anything about combos, special moves, ex moves, etc. I won all the matches but really almost lost many times. I kept getting "blown up" by "scrub tactics"! Endless jump kicks, spamming throws, duck kick your way to victory, uppercut, uppercut, uppercut, you know the drill.

Hemlock

Noob
I'M AT 300! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

going to try to win with Ermac. not sure what to do against mileena, i do very well against goro and kintaro....

Hemlock

Noob
Crazy thing I learned - when Shao Kahn is dishing out the buffs and nerfs, if you get one when you kill Mileena, it stays with you/him the entire next round! I beat him without being able to block! Couldn't believe it. I lost a few times, so I did get some health back. But I beat it with Ermac and rocked some serious force lift combos as well as uppercutted Mileena to death.

Hemlock

Noob
IS HEMLOCK EVER GOING TO GET XBOX LIVE?

UPDATE:

Okay, here is the deal. I moved a few months ago and still have some unpacked boxes. I have a 12-month Xbox Live Subscription, and maybe a 2 week trial.....SOMEPLACE. I am actively looking for them. Espio and Wemfs, I know you don't even play the game anymore, but I'm expecting you both to train me!