What's new

Hemlock's Progress Thread!

Hemlock

Noob
And here's my work on Challenge Tower #185 which was giving me some trouble. I posted here and got a lot of great advice that allowed me to win!

Hemlock

Noob
Nothing can stop good progress
Except for maybe deleting your game save?? (Short version: I meant to delete the game install, deleted the whole lot by mistake)

OH WELL - we'll climb this tower together!

Challenge Tower: 20/300
Story Mode: Haven't started
Ladder: Played to level 4 with Noob and then it was bedtime. Forgot how to do my combo, whoops.

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
I spent 5 hours using various XBox 360 programs to try to undelete to no avail. I was on challenge #226/300

Oh well. I mean, it's not like I hate playing Mortal Kombat or anything...

You could always download a 100% gamesave and then just start where you left off in the tower and in story mode.

Hemlock

Noob
Around challenge #60.
I got a Vita and MK for my birthday! can't wait to play on-the-go and try out the new challenge tower!

AND FINALLY I CAN PLAY AS KRATOS.

Hemlock

Noob
Beat the game with Noob Saibot on ladder for the first time since my data erase.

MK Goals:
Beat ladder mode with every character
Beat ladder mode with no losses
Beat story mode
Beat tag ladder on medium and hard
Beat ladder mode on hard
Complete challenge tower
Buy all items in Nekropolis
Beat tag ladder with a friend
All Xbox 360 Achievements
[Vita Goals]
Beat ladder mode with Kratos
Beat new challenge tower

Love life

Hemlock

Noob
The conclusion of the 2nd to last fight made my jaw drop. I was waiting for the conclusion to send us back into another reality where everything was okay. When it didn't happen I was like, "Oh snap."

Then those final two characters had a conversation and I was like, "Say whaaaaaaaat?!?"

first this :(
then this :mad:
then this :confused:
then this :eek:

but considering the fact I beat 51 of the 67 matches in one day (in two sittings: 17 this morning, 34 this evening)

I feel pretty :cool:

Hemlock

Noob
Beat the game last night with Cyber Sub Zero. WHOOOO hoo! I really like him. Ice Robot Ninja who might be good or evil? Love it. His fatalities are very subtle in terms of gore, but pretty f-ed up conceptually.

I did pretty well but got trounced by the level 7 kombatant, as I always do, and then got spread around like peanut butter on bread by Shao Kahn. I lost a good 4 or so matches before beating him because I could not figure out a decent game plan. Eventually I won by teleporting and crossover jump combos.

This game keeps getting better...

Hemlock

Noob
How'd you like CSZ's ending?
SPOILER ENDING ALERT:

I've only beaten the game with Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, and now Cyber Sub Zero. Just my luck that two of the three endings feature Shao Kahn infecting the warrior with his stupid, "i'm a total d-bag" soul? SO PAINFUL. You work so hard to crush the pure evil and obnoxiousness that is Shao Kahn, only for him to go: JK NOT DEAD: TOOK OVER YOUR SOUL

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
SPOILER ENDING ALERT:

I've only beaten the game with Noob Saibot, Nightwolf, and now Cyber Sub Zero. Just my luck that two of the three endings feature Shao Kahn infecting the warrior with his stupid, "i'm a total d-bag" soul? SO PAINFUL. You work so hard to crush the pure evil and obnoxiousness that is Shao Kahn, only for him to go: JK NOT DEAD: TOOK OVER YOUR SOUL
Yeah, most people seem to hate those endings like... A LOT, especially CSZ's. Gotta admit, the style Noob has in his ending is classic, though