What's new

General/Other - Hellfire Hellfire Pressure Gone

Xzyj

Noob
Rip my 22% x-ray combo with Ninjutsu. :confused:

The change for 214 FBRC doesn't sound too bad, it's now "good" instead of "godlike" which is a good game design i think, what's the point of having a move that makes you have only 2 options, either take 15% chip and give your opponent free bar of meter, or risk your life with getting hit with 4, even tho i play Scorpion myself, and i enjoyed the strength of that stuff.

I really want one thing. I want b32 to be special cancellable, is it too much? I'm not sure if it'll make him super strong, but it will definitely solve the problem of not having f2 overhead for ninjitsu, and will bring more interesting stuff for hellfire, and especially inferno imagine b32-low demon (which may be the worst Scorpion variation now)
All mixups would be still unsafe (slide/low demon) but the string itself will give Scorpion more footsie potential in his non-ninjutsu variations.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler

The change for 214 FBRC doesn't sound too bad, it's now "good" instead of "godlike" which is a good game design i think, what's the point of having a move that makes you have only 2 options, either take 15% chip and give your opponent free bar of meter, or risk your life with getting hit with 4, even tho i play Scorpion myself, and i enjoyed the strength of that stuff.

I really want one thing. I want b32 to be special cancellable, is it too much? I'm not sure if it'll make him super strong, but it will definitely solve the problem of not having f2 overhead for ninjitsu, and will bring more interesting stuff for hellfire, and especially inferno imagine b32-low demon (which may be the worst Scorpion variation now)
All mixups would be still unsafe (slide/low demon) but the string itself will give Scorpion more footsie potential in his non-ninjutsu variations.
b32 being special cancellable will give him another mixup and would probably be too strong IMO. You would have to guess b32f2 for the overhead and b32 takedown for the low. Even though you can punish it it would still be an added way to open people up.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
You seem what i mean about subzero players whining about their characters getting nerfed even when its completely irrelevant.

Also this change needed to happen it was a fucking stupid mess.

Are people really saying fbc is now useless.. You're still +?!
It was a joke because the situations are very similar, lighten up.

Wigy

There it is...

All I'm gonna say is, any complaining about why a Aquaman/Kabal-esque character was never patched once NRS stops supporting the game, I will quote this everytime. (not that I feel that way, but hey, someone always has something to bitch about).

Touche. I expect nothing less.
This is making the assumption i don't think top tier needs nerfed.

You're underestimating my salty butthurt towards lots of the cast :DOGE

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!

I don't think any changes to B32F2 are necessary. It's a good chasedown string as it is. Inferno is inherently counter zoning-oriented, and while Hellfire isn't armed to the teeth with traditional means of playing footsies, it's still very dictating in the footsie game due to the threat of Flame Aura.

Besides, Hellfire has a + on block low anyway lol. This is what variations are for, different things will cover different bases.

Anyway, I do have an idea for a change, since a certain something's main use has been seemingly made redundant, but I'll give some breathing time and wait until after EVO before I talk about it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
b32 being special cancellable will give him another mixup and would probably be too strong IMO. You would have to guess b32f2 for the overhead and b32 takedown for the low. Even though you can punish it it would still be an added way to open people up.
he already has this with ninjutsu and it can be a nightmare.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
So being plus 7 is unviable? Is that seriously what these Scorpion players are trying to convince people of? Pathetic. Play the game, Scorpion is still rediculously good. Dont forget you still have your 6 frame insta air kick into full combo if they try to disrespect your +7 now unviable offense
what else does scorpion have? 50/50s? nope command grabs? nope all he had was fucking pressure its gone now

I played scorpion from day one in injustice up until MKX came out. Now that the initial salt is wearing off, I think I can live with this new hellfire scorpion. I just wish they left 214 ~ EX Tele alone... It's gonna be awhile before I get it out of muscle memory.

Edit: Did they stealth buff flame aura? It seems wayyyy easier to combo out of now...

Last edited:
Just can't do 2 after 214 FBRC. Not only can it be armored out of since it's a high any character can down poke it.

The pressure thing isn't bothering me, personally. It's how they did it. To fix the pressure we now have to change the metered combo that if isn't down at a certain time the spear will whiff. But even 214 teleport 21 spear (his prepatch bnb as well) the 21 is harder to land because of the canceling of 214.

Playing online with anything short of a great connection, forget bout landing it consistently. Found myself burning meter just so I wouldn't drop the combo.