What's new

General/Other - Hellfire Hellfire Pressure Gone

Wetdoba

All too easy...
So being plus 7 is unviable? Is that seriously what these Scorpion players are trying to convince people of? Pathetic. Play the game, Scorpion is still rediculously good. Dont forget you still have your 6 frame insta air kick into full combo if they try to disrespect your +7 now unviable offense

WayoftheFist

Cold day in hell...
First of all he didn't say scorpion was bad just that the top 5 talk can end now. That's very fair and accurate considering I don't even think he was top 5 before. Just from playing against him before I think scorpion might be in more trouble now than some people are prepared to admit. I'll have to see how his pressure develops now but even before it seemed to not be terribly difficult to win the neutral game against him especially since he's not all that safe of a character outside of the run cancels. The more I've fought against the character the more I think he's a solid and good character but not a top one. This pretty much solidifies that. We'll have to see what develops but I could see him slipping as far as into the middle of the cast. Considering that nrs games do tend to end up a bit top heavy that's not a very good place to be in the long run. Solid and viable? Sure. This thread merely says he's out of the top tier discussion which is honestly hard to argue with.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Also is it just me or did standing 4 FBRC get adjusted too? I can't even jail a D1 after it.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I understood why they took out the fireball cancelling string (though some others can do it too), but taking out 214 tele > 214 Ex Tele combos was honestly a bit mindless for all 3 variations. That made no sense to me. The only thing that I could think of atm as to why they would take this combo extender out was to nerf his damage a bit, but this combo is replaced with 214 xxTelexx > 123 xxExTelexx combos or 214 xxTelexx into 114 xxEx Telexx (but this one scales down).

I personally think he's fine, but he just has to do more thinking in the neutral game now than what he was doing before. You have to actually develop a different kind of mind game with his mixups.This doesn't kill him. Everybody is in panic mode right now is all. I'm hoping that he stays fine & that they don't do anything else to him. He's still a solid character.

Last edited:

Jakealo

Noob
I like how they do this the day before the ESL tournament and of course I'm using hellfire.. Great. I'll try to get used to this real quick.

MAN0

DevilApes
Can someone please make a video with all the changes done and alternative frame traps so far, cause we the pc folks are gonna wait a while for the patch and I want to start muscle memory training.

coolwhip

Noob
Worst part is when a character community is spoiled by something that might be a little too good, it gets toned down and they flip out about "unfair nerfs." If Scorpion were in his current state from the beginning of the game you guys would have probably been pretty happy with him.

Worst part is when a character community is spoiled by something that might be a little too good, it gets toned down and they flip out about "unfair nerfs." If Scorpion were in his current state from the beginning of the game you guys would have probably been pretty happy with him.
He is fine, just got to change things up. I have thought about it more and I am still rocking Tanya and him at CEO

coolwhip

Noob
He is fine, just got to change things up. I have thought about it more and I am still rocking Tanya and him at CEO
Yeah. Scorp is my secondary and I won't claim that I grind out with him, but flame aura is still ridiculously good and he's still at significant plus frames after 214~FBC, which is never a bad thing. He'll just have to make reads and be less automatic now in his pressure.

Yeah. Scorp is my secondary and I won't claim that I grind out with him, but flame aura is still ridiculously good and he's still at significant plus frames after FBC, which is never a bad thing. He'll just have to make reads and be less automatic now in his pressure.
Precisely

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
just got to change things up.
21/b12 and 214 seem to equal death on whiff if opponent backdashes after 214fbc cancel now so thank fuck b3 will catch backdashes.
what i havnt seen anyone mention aswell is that now if scorpion is caught out after any normal~fbc he cant break so even with breaker there is no safety net to fall back on making it pretty high risk pressure.

214 doesnt jail into ex fireball on block anymore either which was the only way you could guarantee one from a blockstring :(

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
Yeah. Scorp is my secondary and I won't claim that I grind out with him, but flame aura is still ridiculously good and he's still at significant plus frames after 214~FBC, which is never a bad thing. He'll just have to make reads and be less automatic now in his pressure.
I think most people got over it relatively quick, and are looking for alternatives already. I'm just mad the BnB 214 tele into 214 ex tele doesn't work, even though 113 works, I hate the way it looks.

Personally this patch was just to come out the week of CEO. Although I am not competing it sucks for the ones who are.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
The pressure is still really good but you know have to mix it up and its no longer braindead.

Mixing in 21 cancel 214 cancel b121 d4 and the low and overhead are all extremely good still.

The new combos thing kinda sucks but will just take adjusting.

Also armoring out of his pressure is still insanely risky because of hellfire and 214/21 cancel into 11 can break armor if done correctly.
Just give it time guys hes still perfectly fine.
@RiBBz22 this is where i got the info i was telling you about earlier -_-
Still good options in it. :)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
@RiBBz22 this is where i got the info i was telling you about earlier -_-
Still good options in it. :)
how do you mix in 21 cancel with 214 cancel when you can react to 21 FBC when you see the fireball come out? When you see 21 on block and they do the FBC then you just poke out on reaction. I am not understanding how you mix it up. Can someone here please explain this to me?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
how do you mix in 21 cancel with 214 cancel when you can react to 21 FBC when you see the fireball come out? When you see 21 on block and they do the FBC then you just poke out on reaction. I am not understanding how you mix it up. Can someone here please explain this to me?
Im not the best at explaining. I was just saying mixing in different strings. Ive been seeing the word conditioning in the Scorpion thread. So if you can condition some people to get hit by a f.4 then id say you can catch em off gaurd with a 21 cancel. Thats my opinion