What's new

Hearthstone Discussion

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
Didn't see one of these so I thought I would make one for the people that are rocking some Hearthstone at the min cos I know I am :)

My Details
Battle ID: Swizzer#2306
Decks: Druid, Mage, Paladin, Shammon, Warrior
Monthly Rank Average: 13-10
Server: EU

Last edited:

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I used to play this a lot but havent touched it in over a month unfortunately. The first season of actual release (april I think?) I got legend rank. I kind of got bored after that and probably will be on break until naxx starts getting released.

I used to play this a lot but havent touched it in over a month unfortunately. The first season of actual release (april I think?) I got legend rank. I kind of got bored after that and probably will be on break until naxx starts getting released.
What did you use to get to legend? I don't play ranked. I get too frustrated and the current meta is trash.

I enjoy the game. I play mostly arena. Got my first 12 win run a couple weeks ago. According to hearthstats only about 1% of players ever get that so I was pretty pumped. As for constructed I don't really have main decks that I play, I use it really to just do daily quests so most of my decks change to whatever gimmick suits me best to finish the quest efficiently. I have the Priest and Rogue legendary class cars, I need leroy and I'd have the cookie cutter miracle rogue deck. All of that said rank 10-13 are pretty easy to get even with gimmick decks. I've heard rank 5 and up is where constructed really gets serious.

The pro player Trump has a couple Free to play series on youtube where he gets legendary with Mage and Shaman with pretty basic cards and no legendary's. Worth checking out if you feel like you've hit a wall.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
What did you use to get to legend? I don't play ranked. I get too frustrated and the current meta is trash.
Aggro hunter.

I greatly disliked the meta when I was playing in may after the patch. I havent kept up but I assume miracle rogue is still running wild.

Its pretty sad that in the april season something like 13 of the top 16 were miracle rogue variants and they nerfed hunter but didnt touch miracle rogue which was the real problem.

Aggro hunter.

I greatly disliked the meta when I was playing in may after the patch. I havent kept up but I assume miracle rogue is still running wild.

Its pretty sad that in the april season something like 13 of the top 16 were miracle rogue variants and they nerfed hunter but didnt touch miracle rogue which was the real problem.
There is no solid counter to miracle rogue which really is a big problem. I do think aggro hunter needed to be nerfed though. Unleash at 3 cost is a pretty significant nerf but it's still a really good card. How would you suggest they nerf miracle rogue? If you nerf leroy you screw up a bunch of other decks. You could nerf shadowstep by making it 1 cost which might work. It would also stop the turn one coin defias shadowstep defias combo which is a pretty obnoxious opening.

flipkev

Tank Top Guy
I've been playing a control Mage deck and trying to master Arena. Been watching the Trump vids, VERY informative and has really stepped up my game. I used to run Warlock Murloc rush, but Mage is more fun. I do want to get into miracle Rogue, only to counter the Hunter rush. Hopefully I'll get into tournaments soon and scream my head off there :)

I may get into miracle Rogue cause if you can't beat them join them right? As soon as can craft a Leeroy :/

Anyone here ever reached the Legend rank?

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I've been playing a control Mage deck and trying to master Arena. Been watching the Trump vids, VERY informative and has really stepped up my game. I used to run Warlock Murloc rush, but Mage is more fun. I do want to get into miracle Rogue, only to counter the Hunter rush. Hopefully I'll get into tournaments soon and scream my head off there :)

I may get into miracle Rogue cause if you can't beat them join them right? As soon as can craft a Leeroy :/
I also play control mage of sorts, as well as tempo rogue.

Mage control should counter hunter rush pretty well.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
There is no solid counter to miracle rogue which really is a big problem. I do think aggro hunter needed to be nerfed though. Unleash at 3 cost is a pretty significant nerf but it's still a really good card. How would you suggest they nerf miracle rogue? If you nerf leroy you screw up a bunch of other decks. You could nerf shadowstep by making it 1 cost which might work. It would also stop the turn one coin defias shadowstep defias combo which is a pretty obnoxious opening.
I thought shadowstep nerf made sense, id have to take a serious look at it before I made any decision though as I hadnt kept up.

Tbh aggro hunter wasnt absurdly powerful, midrange/highmane hunter was the one that was really doing most of the damage. Aggro hunter just mopped up a lot of decks harder and lost harder to others, IMO. It ended up being quite strong in that meta because it had advantage over midrange hunter and zoo, while those decks were popular and control warrior was not.