What's new

Hearthstone Discussion

I play this as well, I started about 2 months ago.

I can play all classes very well at this point, but I would say the classes I am best with are Rogue and Warlock.

I ended last season at Rank 9, but feel I could get below Rank 5 if I played more.

My ID is: AZMorty#1259

Yeah I forgot to mention I'm not good, haha.
Your 3/6 water elementals are key in the matchup as hunter will have a hard time removing them efficiently. And never over commit on the board until you know both unleash's have been used or you have a taunt defender of argus is pretty good in mage control. In general unless I have a strong taunt against hunter I try to keep board control but have no more than 2 creatures out at any one time. Hunters have a hard time against mage because just based on hero ability alone they cannot safely play any of their 1 health creatures since mage ability gives zero fucks about taunt. So they typically have to wait until later where they can play a full combo, by limiting the number of creatures you play you make that combo pretty weak and as a control mage anything left over from the combo should easily be removable.

Mr_Swizzer

OUTCAST
I have also added the people that have posted there Battle ID in case you want to play some casuals :)

My ID: Swizzer#2306

Regarding Miracle Rogue.

The two things that make it particularly effective are:

- Turn 5-6 Gadgetzan Auctioneer + Conceal
- Leeroy + 2x Shadowstep finisher

If they nerfed Gadgetzan effectively it would impact/kill the deck concept in my opinion.

I thought shadowstep nerf made sense, id have to take a serious look at it before I made any decision though as I hadnt kept up.

Tbh aggro hunter wasnt absurdly powerful, midrange/highmane hunter was the one that was really doing most of the damage. Aggro hunter just mopped up a lot of decks harder and lost harder to others, IMO. It ended up being quite strong in that meta because it had advantage over midrange hunter and zoo, while those decks were popular and control warrior was not.
Hunter definitely seems less effective in the current metagame, especially with the Unleash The Hounds nerf.

I used to run a pretty fun Hunter concept deck that had:

- 2x Starving Buzzard
- 2x Snake Trap
- 2x Unleash The Hounds
- 2x Cult Master

It was always really rewarding when you could get some taunts down and get the full effect out of Starving Buzzard.

I also had Leeroy in for the additional card draw from Unleash and Captain Greenskin + Captain's Parrot + Eaglehorn Bow.

flipkev

Tank Top Guy
Your 3/6 water elementals are key in the matchup as hunter will have a hard time removing them efficiently. And never over commit on the board until you know both unleash's have been used or you have a taunt defender of argus is pretty good in mage control. In general unless I have a strong taunt against hunter I try to keep board control but have no more than 2 creatures out at any one time. Hunters have a hard time against mage because just based on hero ability alone they cannot safely play any of their 1 health creatures since mage ability gives zero fucks about taunt. So they typically have to wait until later where they can play a full combo, by limiting the number of creatures you play you make that combo pretty weak and as a control mage anything left over from the combo should easily be removable.
Yeah that's why I run sun fury in my deck now and try to keep my minions less than three against a hunter. Argus is a little slow against a rush Hunter. Been watching Trump's FTP Mage and have gotten a lot of good tips. Thanks for the advice though, I'll probably ask for more in the future!

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
I can see Coldlight Oracle rather than a Loot Hoarder being good for this, I like that change.

Are the 2x Earthen Ring Farseer's pretty important? It looks like you're giving up 1x Conceal and 1x Sap for that.
The Farseer's do come in really handy, especially as there's so much aggro in the meta currently, whether it's worth a conceal and sap... well, you'd have to converse with Trump about that. :p

Coldlight does seem pretty good for miracle rogue, yeah.