What's new

Head Bangers Hall

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Melodies were pretty solid, I find that problem with most death metal. They have to do something unique or have something that sticks. For instance Obscura's technical prowess is unique. Genocide Pact is a fairly new band that has some nice grooves they really pay homage to early FL DM. And lastly Horrendous, what can you say bad about them? LOL.

Crazy to think we are already halfway through the year, if you would suggest ten albums from this year what would you recommend?
Still working on that, lol. Apologies for the delay

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I love Red Fang. Ever heard High on Fire?
Yup. They're not bad! I should listen to them more. I saw them by accident in 2009 when I went to see Dethklok. The openers were High On Fire and Mastodon. That's the first time I heard both of those bands, so I just unknowingly stumbled across a fucking AMAZING metal show. It was during Mastodon's "Crack The Skye" tour also.... AMAZING.

I really only wanted to go to that show to see Gene Hoglan play drums for Dethklok because I've been a fan of his since Strapping Young Lad.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Yup. They're not bad! I should listen to them more. I saw them by accident in 2009 when I went to see Dethklok. The openers were High On Fire and Mastodon. That's the first time I heard both of those bands, so I just unknowingly stumbled across a fucking AMAZING metal show. It was during Mastodon's "Crack The Skye" tour also.... AMAZING.

I really only wanted to go to that show to see Gene Hoglan play drums for Dethklok because I've been a fan of his since Strapping Young Lad.
Gene is such a badass! Fucking legend.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Rivers of Nihil? Never heard of them. i was surprised by how good that song. that video was entertaining as fuck.

I've really been into Revocation lately. They're fucking sick.

Super Mario!! One of the best sounding rides in the business. Been on a huge Gojira kick lately. Think I've listened to The Link 15-20 times this week.