What's new

Head Bangers Hall

Hey dudes. I'm more of a punk rather than metal guy. So if you're interested check out the album Bad Blood by the band Clowns. Some of the best hard punk I've heard in a long time
I've always had a soft spot for punk, particularly because some of the early Black Metal bands had a bit of punk in their music. I recently discovered Trappist which a punk band that sings about beer. Feel free to share some songs \m/

KLK Lukas

Boon's personal eyebrow groomer
My personal favorite are symphonic metal band, Fleshgod Apocalypse, theres just something about the orchestral build up (especially in The Violation) that makes the song seem that much more heavy.

I've been very fortunate this year to catch a lot of shows from Watain/D666, Obituary/Pallbearer/Skeletonwitch to Slayer/LOG/Testament/Behemoth and just wrapped up exhumed and gruesome this past weekend.

I've seen plenty of people from previous shows reappear again. I'm fascinated how loyal metal heads are to our scene.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
I've been very fortunate this year to catch a lot of shows from Watain/D666, Obituary/Pallbearer/Skeletonwitch to Slayer/LOG/Testament/Behemoth and just wrapped up exhumed and gruesome this past weekend.

I've seen plenty of people from previous shows reappear again. I'm fascinated how loyal metal heads are to our scene.
Bro, at Slayer last month I ran into two people I saw at a show last year in a town 3 HOURS away from the one we were in. It's awesome!

Bro, at Slayer last month I ran into two people I saw at a show last year in a town 3 HOURS away from the one we were in. It's awesome!
It's awesome, im currently saving for October, I want to see Obscura in late September. October is stacked with Amophis, Dying Fetus and Behemoth coming to town. I'm also trying to see generational axe in December.

Still recovering from the Slayer show last night. We got to the venue a little late.
Tailgated through Napalm Death and half of the Testament set. Not really a fan of Anthrax either. Lamb of God tore the fucking place up. Chris Adler wasn't behind the kit which was a bumber but they still killed. Opened up with Omerta and I just about headbanged my fucking head off my shoulders. Couldn't of been happier with Slayer. They fucking "Slayed". Tom sounded amazing and even nailed the intro to Angel of Death (he's kind of hit or miss as he's gotten older) Fucking killer night I'm hungover as fuck, sore and exhausted. Couldn't be happier, lol.

Still recovering from the Slayer show last night. We got to the venue a little late.
Tailgated through Napalm Death and half of the Testament set. Not really a fan of Anthrax either. Lamb of God tore the fucking place up. Chris Adler wasn't behind the kit which was a bumber but they still killed. Opened up with Omerta and I just about headbanged my fucking head off my shoulders. Couldn't of been happier with Slayer. They fucking "Slayed". Tom sounded amazing and even nailed the intro to Angel of Death (he's kind of hit or miss as he's gotten older) Fucking killer night I'm hungover as fuck, sore and exhausted. Couldn't be happier, lol.
Those damn LOG fans are bunch of a degenerates, O lost my 20$ Slayer bandana because of them haha. Good to hear you had a great time, brother. I love reading the field reports, unfortunately I won't be able to give one till September. Any sweet merch or standout moments?

Those damn LOG fans are bunch of a degenerates, O lost my 20$ Slayer bandana because of them haha. Good to hear you had a great time, brother. I love reading the field reports, unfortunately I won't be able to give one till September. Any sweet merch or standout moments?
Lol, yeah I think I can honestly say the LOG pit was a lot more rowdy than Slayer's. Hell Awaits and Black Magic for me are two songs that really stood out. I love old school Slayer and with the pryo techs they had on stage it felt like we were in hell, lol. Ive always said if I could go back in time and check out one scene that I missed it would've of been the 80's Bay Area thrash scene. I really wanted the Hanneman Heineken shirt but the fucking thing was $45 and I'm a cheap bastard.

Lol, yeah I think I can honestly say the LOG pit was a lot more rowdy than Slayer's. Hell Awaits and Black Magic for me are two songs that really stood out. I love old school Slayer and with the pryo techs they had on stage it felt like we were in hell, lol. Ive always said if I could go back in time and check out one scene that I missed it would've of been the 80's Bay Area thrash scene. I really wanted the Hanneman Heineken shirt but the fucking thing was $45 and I'm a cheap bastard.
I had the same issues with the shirts, I opted out with the patches and Slayer hat instead. I love supporting metal bands, but to me a band shirt that I will use for the gym or moshing isn't worth 45$ when I can upgrade my business attire. Back to the concert, the pyros were phenomenal and added to the grandiose presnse of Slayer on stage. Speaking of time travel I would love to visit the birth/rise of the Florida death metal scene. Most people aren't really making a big deal of it but the USA is really killing in regards to thrash and Black metal.

George Fisher :D
I had just never heard it before and I liked the way the melodies were woven into the aggression. But then again, some parts I found boring. I need to check it more myself.

Melodies were pretty solid, I find that problem with most death metal. They have to do something unique or have something that sticks. For instance Obscura's technical prowess is unique. Genocide Pact is a fairly new band that has some nice grooves they really pay homage to early FL DM. And lastly Horrendous, what can you say bad about them? LOL.

Crazy to think we are already halfway through the year, if you would suggest ten albums from this year what would you recommend?

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Melodies were pretty solid, I find that problem with most death metal. They have to do something unique or have something that sticks. For instance Obscura's technical prowess is unique. Genocide Pact is a fairly new band that has some nice grooves they really pay homage to early FL DM. And lastly Horrendous, what can you say bad about them? LOL.

Crazy to think we are already halfway through the year, if you would suggest ten albums from this year what would you recommend?
I'd have to weigh that. I don't know that I've even heard 10 new albums from this year! I've been filling holes in my collection this year. I'll get back to you