What's new

Head Bangers Hall

A review of the new Machine Head, album. I'm a lost for words to describe how disappointing the album is too. What the hell was Rob was thinking LOL.

So far this year I picked up Watain last month and I'm looking forward the Black Label Society,Behemoth,Slayer and APC. Slayer is doing a world with Behemoth and will be in Orlando in July wish me luck with those tickets prices.

A review of the new Machine Head, album. I'm a lost for words to describe how disappointing the album is too. What the hell was Rob was thinking LOL.

So far this year I picked up Watain last month and I'm looking forward the Black Label Society,Behemoth,Slayer and APC. Slayer is doing a world with Behemoth and will be in Orlando in July wish me luck with those tickets prices.
I went in with very, very, very low expectations and it barely met those expectations, lol. Triple Beam is fucking cringe.

Horns up, everyone.

I wanted to create a thread where fellow metalheads can get together and discuss records and the new releases for the year. I'm curious to see how many metalheads we have here and what records are headbanging, too!

Hot Take: Septic Flesh's Codex Omega is the album of the year. :p
Can't believe I'm just now seeing this thread. Refreshing to see some exodus posts!

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
holy happy heavenly shit, a metal thread <3

although i'm gonna get the shit judged out of me forever because I'm a Slipknot guy, which is like the metal equivalent of being a Yankees/Cowboys fan, but that's my shit. I've still yet to see better tour lineups assembled for their genre and what it would become than Ozzfest & Pledge Of Allegience 2001, in spite of Crazy Town and Linkin Park getting booed out of the building repeatedly on the former, and No One being a painfully weak link on the latter...the rest was future metal/nu-metal gold. American Head Charge, Otep, Mudvayne, Hatebreed, Slipknot AND System Of A Down both in their prime...that summer/fall was life changing.

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Wow, a metal thread, awesome!

To answer @FLA_Anarquisto question, I tend to follow Iron Maiden on tour so will be catching them quite a few times this summer. Other than that, I just try and catch as many shows as I'm able to.

As for what I'm listening to at the moment, been on a power metal kick as of late.

Wow, a metal thread, awesome!

To answer @FLA_Anarquisto question, I tend to follow Iron Maiden on tour so will be catching them quite a few times this summer. Other than that, I just try and catch as many shows as I'm able to.

As for what I'm listening to at the moment, been on a power metal kick as of late.

I'm trying to catch Maiden, I just bought Somewhere in Time. Awesome album, can't go wrong with anything Bladerunner influenced. Power metal is one sub-genre I need to dabble into great track.

holy happy heavenly shit, a metal thread <3

although i'm gonna get the shit judged out of me forever because I'm a Slipknot guy, which is like the metal equivalent of being a Yankees/Cowboys fan, but that's my shit. I've still yet to see better tour lineups assembled for their genre and what it would become than Ozzfest & Pledge Of Allegience 2001, in spite of Crazy Town and Linkin Park getting booed out of the building repeatedly on the former, and No One being a painfully weak link on the latter...the rest was future metal/nu-metal gold. American Head Charge, Otep, Mudvayne, Hatebreed, Slipknot AND System Of A Down both in their prime...that summer/fall was life changing.
You like what you like brother. I can't knock those bands they were my gateway bands into the extreme metal. Especially Slipknot and SOAD.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Damn I haven't been hear in a long time. Love it when metal threads pop up.

I'm going to a lot of shows this year. First, Iced Earth, then Cratle of Filth, then, Judas Priest, and of course, Slayer with that sick lineup! Oh almost forgot, Soulfly in May. Oh and the album that's been playing on my phone is Act of Defiance Old Scars, New Wounds. My band was so close to opening for those guys.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
No love for Brave New World? probably one of the most underrated Maiden albums. That was an awesome comeback. Too bad it was overshadowed by the wave of new metal.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Horns up, everyone.

I wanted to create a thread where fellow metalheads can get together and discuss records and the new releases for the year. I'm curious to see how many metalheads we have here and what records are headbanging, too!

Hot Take: Septic Flesh's Codex Omega is the album of the year. :p
I'm so pissed I haven't seen this. What a lovely forum!

So for my first post, I'm going to brag. Here is my concert schedule for the year. March= Sabaton and Kreator. May= Obituary and Skeletonwitch, then Primus and Mastodon (why not right?). June= SLAYER, Lamb of God, Behemoth, Anthrax, Testament.

Good year boys

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Let's see, I've been listening to some very different stuff lately.

Black Sabbath- Paranoid
Iron Maiden- Killers
Slayer- South of Heaven
Cannibal Corpse- A Skeletal Domain
Horrendous- Ecdysis
Exodus- Bonded By Blood
Goatwhore- A Haunting Curse

That's what's in my truck right now.

Last edited:
Let's see, I've been listening to some very different stuff lately.

Black Sabbath- Paranoid
Iron Maiden- Killers
Slayer- South of Heaven
Cannibal Corpse- A Skeletal Domain
Horrendous- Ecydysis
Exodus- Bonded By Blood
Goatwhore- A Haunting Curse

That's what's in my truck right now.
Good stuff, can’t even imagine the amount of bands the above albums influenced. I don’t even have words to describe how fucking awesome Black Sabbath is.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Good stuff, can’t even imagine the amount of bands the above albums influenced. I don’t even have words to describe how fucking awesome Black Sabbath is.
I just recently completed my Sabbath collection! I don't have every album of theirs, but I've got all the good ones now! Bro, you're right. Fucking insane how good they are. Iommi is a god among men.