What's new

Match-up Discussion Hawkgirl Matchup Discussion

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Some informations about Green Arrow:

Super Resets and Hawkgirl's wing evade:
-His 111 on hit into super isn't avoidable with we.
-His 111 on block into super IS avoidable with we.
-His f2d1-3 on block into super IS avoidable with we.
-Knockdown into super IS avoidable using wake up mace charge.

Tested by a friend of mine that mains GA, pretty cool.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Some informations about Green Arrow:

Super Resets and Hawkgirl's wing evade:
-His 111 on hit into super isn't avoidable with we.
-His 111 on block into super IS avoidable with we.
-His f2d1-3 on block into super IS avoidable with we.
-Knockdown into super IS avoidable using wake up mace charge.

Tested by a friend of mine that mains GA, pretty cool.
So the only guaranteed one is 111 on hit? awesome thats really good to know, now I can just mash WE when i see any of GA's setups =P

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Well guess what I found, 111 xx super on hit is actually avoidable by a we2, but the timing is incredibly tight. Still pretty awesome.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Input on the Zod matchup? Haven't had the chance to play yet. How's it looking? Probably in hisfavor bcuz of his trait that shuts down flight.

regulas

Your Emporer
Input on the Zod matchup? Haven't had the chance to play yet. How's it looking? Probably in hisfavor bcuz of his trait that shuts down flight.

Zod is not easy to play so for awhile we will be good... but he is horrific... horrific... not for his zoning.. for his Zod charge.... it out prioities her own charges, plus he has twenty ways to kill her flight. Think we got it ok up close? Oh wait no parry!

Just to Clarify if you MC and he Zod Charges, he will take no damage and deal his full dmaage to you.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Dang, that's annoying.

Is his parry similar to Batman? If so then we can we3 it.
EDIT: wait her mace charge get OUTPRIORIZED? Holy fuck.

regulas

Your Emporer
Dang, that's annoying.

Is his parry similar to Batman? If so then we can we3 it.

His parry is not that bad actually, it's more that he has it on top of everything else. It's 3 frames and mid-screens.

regulas

Your Emporer

From what I can tell His Charge only looses in the start-up, but once it's going it will beat out anything period. In some cases he will take damage still but he will always get his full damage and the re-zonning distance off.

Espio

Kokomo
I've played a couple zod players and was beating his charge at times with mace charge so I dunno.....his zoning doesn't seem to be that serious and his parry..ehh I mean it's not any worse than dealing with Batman's, condition them to block low a couple times and can't throw beat his parry? Or am I thinking of KF only?

I think once we actually learn the match up though it won't be too bad...he doesn't strike me as that brutal.

I think his trait is annoying, but he doesn't always have it equipped so it's not as big of a deal.

And like Jon Berg said, his charge is very punishable.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Ok, so the DS matchup. I started playing more good DS players and now they know how to approach the matchup.. holy shit dude, I was so wrong about this =__= its such a pain in the dick to play against him if they know how play vs HG.

I'll try to test shit out tonight when I get back home but in case someone already did I'll post them here.
Can HG punish any of the guns outside of d3/d1 range?
Is there a way to avoid air guns when in flight?
Whats up with swordspin? am I the only one having trouble punishing this? sometimes I can d1 other times they can block it. I dont understand lol.
Any stages that you recommend to help you get close?
Anything I'm missing in the MU and doesnt make it hella ass?

Jon Berg

Noob
Ok, so the DS matchup. I started playing more good DS players and now they know how to approach the matchup.. holy shit dude, I was so wrong about this =__= its such a pain in the dick to play against him if they know how play vs HG.

I'll try to test shit out tonight when I get back home but in case someone already did I'll post them here.
Whats up with swordspin? am I the only one having trouble punishing this? sometimes I can d1 other times they can block it. I dont understand lol.

Playing a good DS was a big wakeup call. Its rough for sure.
As far as swordspin, it only -6 on block so sounds about right. Gonna be blocked most of the time.
No point going to the sky for anything other than maybe a mid screen instant air mace toss from what I've found.
For stages, I don't think it matters all too much. Only thing I really try for is Stryker Yard if im player 2. Dem barrels, and not much for non-power people to use.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
The ds matchup is all about making them guess if you're gonna move in the sky or moce on the ground between each gun shot. When you make sure they'll shoot on the ground while you're in the air, punish with mb mace toss. Once they're knocked down, don't be too close to them so that they can't fool you and do an overhead/low and not wakeup. You can beat his wakeups but it's REALLY risky so I wouldn't try.
Oh and try to d2 his j3, it's very important.

Since he's a gadget char, the best stage go fight him in is metropolis rooftop.

Espio

Kokomo
I played a twenty game set against Wonder Chef's Zod tonight...I gotta say I really don't like that match up at all, but the footage will hopefully be up soon so I can post it here.

I won 5 out of the 20 games lol and match up ignorance surely played a role, but I felt extremely limited like he'll probably be a really hard match up for her.

I don't feel like lack of mu exp is why it felt like overtime.

Hawkgirl is one of the only characters who can't punish them outside up close range sadly :(. There's a guide on the DS forums on it.

Deathstrokes nerfs didn't help her a whole lot.

I've always though Deathstroke was one of her worst match ups...Sinestro and Batgirl are up there as well.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
I played a twenty game set against Wonder Chef's Zod tonight...I gotta say I really don't like that match up at all, but the footage will hopefully be up soon so I can post it here.

I won 5 out of the 20 games lol and match up ignorance surely played a role, but I felt extremely limited like he'll probably be a really hard match up for her.

I don't feel like lack of mu exp is why it felt like overtime.
That's probably the biggest reason, same as how RunwayMafia got hit bad by Scorpion on the first few days, went better after though.
Time will tell.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I've always though Deathstroke was one of her worst match ups...Sinestro and Batgirl are up there as well.

Yeah thats my worst 3 HG matchups as well. Lex, WW, Arrow and GL can get pretty retarded too but at least you can move and do shit in those Matchups >___>

i havent fought a Zod yet but from messing around with him in the lab it seems he has enough tools to make this matchup massively annoying ~___~

Oh and Boodendorf whats with the spoiler that has nothing in it after your posts? :confused:

Espio

Kokomo
That's probably the biggest reason, same as how RunwayMafia got hit bad by Scorpion on the first few days, went better after though.
Time will tell.
I agree and I hope I don't come off as alarmist, most match ups with her feel very manageable and in most cases fun. Wonder Chef is also a high caliber player, it just felt quite overwhelming/confusing, but yeah time and experience is what we need.

His type of zoning is unusual and a bit tricky. I know for a fact I was getting blown up by trait when there were times I could have won, but didn't block correctly because I didn't know the grab was an overhead for example.

I also noticed I was able to lock him down in the corner with Hawkgirl's oki pressure, I dunno if his wake ups aren't so hot or what the deal is for sure just yet though, but that was one of the matches I won...when I was able to catch his Zod and lock him down in the corner with pressure.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
So how do people feel about the Raven match up. Seems pretty ruthless. She's pretty much unapproachable while she's traited up.
With hawkgirl you need to never give Raven space to activate trait. It feels 5.5-4.5 advantage to HG imo, its very based on momentum from what I've noticed.. if you make them play "your" game you control the match.

Hawkgirl wants to stay semi-mid range in the air, where both SC and lift wont reach her and she can toss maces at Raven and punish trait activation. Where Raven is trying to either be close enough to use lift and bring hawkgirl down or with enough distance to be able to use trait and start pillaring all day and use teleports.
However i feel hawkgirl can get into her "comfort zone" alot easier in this matchup and make Raven the one having to take risks.

Usually if you're at max height Raven's singularity wont catch you, but I've been caught by Singularity sometimes even when I'm at max height, it seems dependent on the stage as some of them have higher ceilings (Themyscira is low so you'll get caught but cellblock is higher so it wont etc). Pillars work if you can pinpoint it to where HG's at, hella hard though imo as HG can easily move away with MC or just flying forward/backward. Raven's best bet is to try to control space and catch HG before she gets to reach max height, SC her when she's jumping (our jump is slow and very floaty) or stay in mid-range alot so you can use lift to punish her, plus i dont think HG has anything that'll punish SC/lift unless she's semi-close range).

Most of the hawkgirl players seem to think its in Raven's favor but i personally dont see it, if you play it right Raven cant catch you at all it seems.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
The Zod match up is watching very very bad :c he has the total control ground/air ;_; he can punish mace crahge with that 1 frame grab :/

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yeah thats my worst 3 HG matchups as well. Lex, WW, Arrow and GL can get pretty retarded too but at least you can move and do shit in those Matchups >___>

i havent fought a Zod yet but from messing around with him in the lab it seems he has enough tools to make this matchup massively annoying ~___~

Oh and Boodendorf whats with the spoiler that has nothing in it after your posts? :confused:
The Wonder Wman match up is one of the match ups i most play, i love it <3 it's a 5-5 both characters fight for the air control, dont stay too much time in the air and straight air mace is your BFF <3