What's new

Match-up Discussion Hawkgirl Hawkgirl Hawkgirl...Grrrrrr

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I would help you out more but
1: You're being an a**hole.
2. It looks like you just want a simple answer. In which kase you kan just pick GL against her or Deathstroke, etc.
3. You are not mentioning any specifics.

"The only thing you can do is jump at her" is obviously not true.

"Hawkgirl unflys for like a second and right back to the air.." You are not being specific but B2 kan katch her as she goes back up.

"Not only that but she has so many safe tools to attack you with." So does everyone else. This isn't informative.

I would help you out more but
1: You're being an a**hole.
2. It looks like you just want a simple answer. In which kase you kan just pick GL against her or Deathstroke, etc.
3. You are not mentioning any specifics.

"The only thing you can do is jump at her" is obviously not true.

"Hawkgirl unflys for like a second and right back to the air.." You are not being specific but B2 kan katch her as she goes back up.

"Not only that but she has so many safe tools to attack you with." So does everyone else. This isn't informative.
I wasnt looking for a simple answer. I was looking for tips and knowledge on the matchup. I was looking for Shazam players(plural) that know the matchup somewhat and for them to share knowledge on it.. And I am being an a**hole how? Like I said, because I jokingly said I dont want pep talk?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I wasnt looking for a simple answer. I was looking for tips and knowledge on the matchup. I was looking for Shazam players(plural) that know the matchup somewhat and for them to share knowledge on it.. And I am being an a**hole how? Like I said, because I jokingly said I dont want pep talk?
You know what.. It really doesn't matter. Maybe you're right.

If you want people to help you out more then you would need to provide more information than what you provided. If you don't provide info, people will essentially be writing a guide for you. Some problems you might be having might also not be problems others are having due to experience and general playstyle.

What exactly is shutting you down?

Red Reaper I dont want a guide.. Just a few tips that help with the matchup.. For 1 whats a good tip to get her down fro fly mode, every tool to get her down is unsafe.. the only thing Shazam has is his jump 2.. Unless im missing something.. How do you punish her mace chare (in the air) when a good hawkgirl can basically spam it and stay in the air(or go right back to flying right after they do it).. Things like that..

lol 2 pages already and not even 1 relevant answer yet. Forget it OP, it's obvious none of these noobs know anything about Hawkgirl anyway.

You guys are useless I swear rofl.

SadisticIV: You have more chances learning something in practice mode tbh. Use the record function to find out how to punish her moves on reaction and on anticipation. That's what I did and I already have a bunch of anti-Hawkgirl tech and I'm working on a video about it. Not sure if my vid is going to help your Shazam though because I'm focusing on Black Adam vs Hawk Girl. But it could give you some ideas I think.

SZSR

Noob
SadisticIV You wanna stay on her at all times, she simply destroys you at the keep away game, knock her out of the air with b2, 3 and then try to catch her with d3 to cause an untechable knockdown (I haven't done this consistently, only by accident a few times because the recovery on b2, 3 is hella slow).

You need to be able to get the correct spacing on the b2, 3 because good Hawkgirls will space you out, (i.e., keep moving to the corner) and cause you to whiff, which is a big no-no. So don't spam it, it's your best tool in this MU but don't get predictable with it.

Besides b2, 3 you can try to use jumping 2 to knock her out of the air, but that's not recommended. You can also try jumping 1, but the hitbox is a little small IMO, I haven't tried it enough

A bird was meant to fly, and that means she'll be in the air a lot, so you need to keep her from flying.

Besides all this just find someone like Espio, RunwayMafia or Trepound380 to play really good Hawkgirls (the few Thangarians on this website lol).

They'll show you the typically patterns and tricks of Hawkgirl, it's your job to get around that.

P.S. Don't think the corner is your friend in this MU.

P.S.S. - Watch out for this:
http://www.testyourmight.com/media/hawkgirl-interrupting-shazams-2-2-grab-injustice.1369/

Espio

Kokomo
Time to bring the hammer down for match up exp?

Also, how you approach asking for help is huge and is the difference between getting a negative response and not.

I've made tons of threads asking for help and never have I had a problem as of yet, it's all in how you ask people, rhetoric is important.

SadisticIV You wanna stay on her at all times, she simply destroys you at the keep away game, knock her out of the air with b2, 3 and then try to catch her with d3 to cause an untechable knockdown (I haven't done this consistently, only by accident a few times because the recovery on b2, 3 is hella slow).

You need to be able to get the correct spacing on the b2, 3 because good Hawkgirls will space you out, (i.e., keep moving to the corner) and cause you to whiff, which is a big no-no. So don't spam it, it's your best tool in this MU but don't get predictable with it.

Besides b2, 3 you can try to use jumping 2 to knock her out of the air, but that's not recommended.

A bird was meant to fly, and that means she'll be in the air a lot, so you need to keep her from flying.

Besides all this just find someone like Espio, RunwayMafia or Trepound380 to play really good Hawkgirls (the few Thangarians on this website lol).

They'll show you the typically patterns and tricks of Hawkgirl, it's your job to get around that.

P.S. Don't think the corner is your friend in this MU.
Yeah I tried to get her with the b2 but I guess my timing is off.. I can never reach her with it and then she punishes me.. Yeah and the jump 2 is laughable.. lol I think when it comes down to it, its just a bad matchup for Shazam.. Thanks for the help...

lol 2 pages already and not even 1 relevant answer yet. Forget it OP, it's obvious none of these noobs know anything about Hawkgirl anyway.

You guys are useless I swear rofl.

SadisticIV: You have more chances learning something in practice mode tbh. Use the record function to find out how to punish her moves on reaction and on anticipation. That's what I did and I already have a bunch of anti-Hawkgirl tech and I'm working on a video about it. Not sure if my vid is going to help your Shazam though because I'm focusing on Black Adam vs Hawk Girl. But it could give you some ideas I think.

Ill check out your vid when you get it out.. PM me please with it when you do..

Espio

Kokomo
Yeah I tried to get her with the b2 but I guess my timing is off.. I can never reach her with it and then she punishes me.. Yeah and the jump 2 is laughable.. lol I think when it comes down to it, its just a bad matchup for Shazam.. Thanks for the help...

Do you want match up experience? You have a willing Hawkgirl main present as of right now, you'll learn a lot just from playing the match up.

SZSR

Noob
You're not hitting her with the b2, the b2 whiffs everytime, it's the shoulder of the 3 in b2, 3. It's his highest ground move.

Also chill when you're asking for advice, I know you're frustrated at this Matchup but a calm head is the best way to find ways around bad matchups. There will be answer and sometimes you WILL lose finding it, but once you find it you have an invaluable tool.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Red Reaper I dont want a guide.. Just a few tips that help with the matchup.. For 1 whats a good tip to get her down fro fly mode, every tool to get her down is unsafe.. the only thing Shazam has is his jump 2.. Unless im missing something.. How do you punish her mace chare (in the air) when a good hawkgirl can basically spam it and stay in the air(or go right back to flying right after they do it).. Things like that..
B2 works if she's flying at a lower height. At a higher height you kan use your jumping 1.

Her flying looks pretty annoying but her options are limited. The air mace is fairly minus and wiff punishable if you dash under her. Her divekick is short range and punishable by at least your D1. I think your best option is to just get in range and look for those two options or J1/J2 her out of the air for a kombo.

Her Mace Charge looks safe against Shazam. In fact, after a bit of testing, this move looks like real bullsh*t.. lol. Edit: You kan always armor B3 it if you have Meter.

Time to bring the hammer down for match up exp?

Also, how you approach asking for help is huge and is the difference between getting a negative response and not.

I've made tons of threads asking for help and never have I had a problem as of yet, it's all in how you ask people, rhetoric is important.
Yeah but I even put lol.. My first post was very civil.. and my second one was a joking one... I guess im used to my RL friends/family knowing my sarcasm is light hearted

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Yeah but I even put lol.. My first post was very civil.. and my second one was a joking one... I guess im used to my RL friends/family knowing my sarcasm is light hearted
your first post was a compliant, that in itself just turns people off. most people say "complaining noob" at what you said in your first post. but i am of good heart and i will help you. okay first if they wake up mace charge you can actually teleport towards and make them stop mid air and full combo punish if you time it right, i'll make a video, second if you gain the life lead just sit on it, she isn't the best at approach so you can play footsies and through you lightning and also scare her with lightning fists. i'll post more once i test these two things i have in mind out right now.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Whoa, whoa, whoa, I just read the entire thread... first off Vulcan Hades, we are all of sound mind and good hearts here in the HawkGirl forum. There isn't much of an answer to give such a simple question, "How do I beat HawkGirl...UGH!". I would need to see his gameplay or fight him to be able to asses where he is with footsies, rush down, zoning, etc., etc.,

Coming in here with a chip on your shoulder, Topic Creater, will get you no where. And then DEMANDING better help...LOL please. The only way to help you is to play you, in my opinion. If you are on PSN, we can play, I'll record it, and I'll post it in this very thread and then it will be MUCH easier to give you sound advice.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, I just read the entire thread... first off Vulcan Hades, we are all of sound mind and good hearts here in the HawkGirl forum. There isn't much of an answer to give such a simple question, "How do I beat HawkGirl...UGH!". I would need to see his gameplay or fight him to be able to asses where he is with footsies, rush down, zoning, etc., etc.,

Coming in here with a chip on your shoulder, Topic Creater, will get you no where. And then DEMANDING better help...LOL please. The only way to help you is to play you, in my opinion. If you are on PSN, we can play, I'll record it, and I'll post it in this very thread and then it will be MUCH easier to give you sound advice.
Hell I'll take you up on that offer anyway haha. Where are you located? Im East coast US, Blackalpha30 on PSN if youre somewhere within good ping distance. I'll add you

Hold on Hold on.. I didnt come in here with a chip on my shoulder.. Hawkgirl is a fictional character.. My frustration is towards hawkgirl in the game.. I also did not demand anything.. I simply asked for help.. I did not say. "how do I beat Hawlgirl" derp derp.. Stop twisting my text (lol I would say words but it is text). I was asking for some tips and advice on the matchup(from more than 1 shazam player).. I also never DEMANDED anything.. Again stop twisting the truth... I am not on PSN so thats a no go...

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Hold on Hold on.. I didnt come in here with a chip on my shoulder.. Hawkgirl is a fictional character.. My frustration is towards hawkgirl in the game.. I also did not demand anything.. I simply asked for help.. I did not say. "how do I beat Hawlgirl" derp derp.. Stop twisting my text (lol I would say words but it is text). I was asking for some tips and advice on the matchup(from more than 1 shazam player).. I also never DEMANDED anything.. Again stop twisting the truth... I am not on PSN so thats a no go...
here punish mace charge at your will off wakeup

RunwayMafia

Do what I did. Read your posts and ask yourself, "Hmmm...how do I come across"? Lol...it's that attitude I'm referring to. No "twisting of truth" needed. Since I can't play and assess your game style, my suggestion would be to stop passively aggressively annoying us and go learn the old fashion way...fight her in the lab and then actively search for HawkGirls online.

here punish mace charge at your will off wakeup
Thanks for the video... That neutral jump vs her mace charge looks good for a punish( I will try that out).. my problem is the good Hawkgirls I play hardly ever come down from flying more than a second or two so its kinda hard to sweep them.. Its Hard to get close to a good Hawkgirl while she is on the ground period.. That neutral jump looks really good tho...

RunwayMafia

This is the Shazam board lmao.
Oh...my bad...I just clicked on the alert that had me tagged...I assumed this was located in the HawkGirl forum...I suppose I'll bring the sass down a notch. Or better yet...I'll just reword it "we are of sound mind and good hearts OVER there in the HawkGirl forums". lol ;)