What's new

Hawkgirl Buff Suggestions

I just realized I never posted my buffs/fix list.

Fixes:
- make b2 a true mid (people duck it all the time)
- make mace toss a true mid (I think more than half the characters can duck it)

Buffs:
- speed up B3
- cut down the frames on whiff of mace toss (it's gotta be -100 on whiff right now. It needs to be more reasonable.)
- get rid of that ridiculous whiff animation on air mace toss mb on whiff (when the mb whiffs, HG does this ridiculous pop up animation where she floats in the air for about 20+ frames. It's weird, unnecessary, and it blows)
- make WE3 two hits vs grounded opponents (armor breaker vs grounded opponents, but it doesn't scale in combos)
- change WE1 into something useful (because I'm pretty sure it's the least used special move in the game. There is no motivation to even try to use this thing)
- make her fly faster (an alternative to making her broke by giving her an air dash)
- give WE2 more range

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
A few suggestions:
-Make it so that j1 has a slightly better hitbox so that it's a more consistant crossup midscreen.
-Make her mb up shoulder land more consistantly on the whole cast, no matter what stance they or hawkgirl are in.
-Make her B3 slightly faster so that it's more consistant to land in combos.

Bug fixes:
-Fix the fact that she sometimes take forever to land from an air mb mace toss at top height (seems pretty random).
-Some stages' corner mess up her corner combos, making her crossunder the opponent during it and reversing inputs. Try to do we2 b1 we3 b1 we3 f13 f13 f13 on the right side of atlantis, it'll always fail, while it'll always work on the left side of the same stage. List of weird stages: Atlantis (right side), Ferris Aircraft (right side), and a few other I don't remember, somebody need to make a list of them.

That's all I have from the top of my head.

Speh

Noob
-Some stages' corner mess up her corner combos, making her crossunder the opponent during it and reversing inputs. Try to do we2 b1 we3 b1 we3 f13 f13 f13 on the right side of atlantis, it'll always fail, while it'll always work on the left side of the same stage. List of weird stages: Atlantis (right side), Ferris Aircraft (right side), and a few other I don't remember, somebody need to make a list of them.
I tested every stage and unless I missed something, here's the list of bugged corners:

Batcave - Crime Lab: Right
Ferris Aircraft: Right
Watchtower - Bridge: Both
Themyscira - Temple: Right
Themyscira - Port: Right
Atlantis: Right

A suggestion I'd like to make is to make her inputs in flight mode with alternate controls (or maybe in general?) more lenient. I play with alternate controls on and I miss the input for Mace Charge in flight mode about a third of the time. Currently, you have to both be exact with the half circle motion and do it extremely fast for it to come out.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
The reasons why I believe Hawkgirl needs buffs are:
2. Make ground mace throw mid. It has horrible start up. She's at horrible disadvantage on block due to its horrendous recovery. It can be be punished if jumped over. This will give chip as well.
She's actually neutral or at advantage on blocked ground mace throw I think (I could be wrong I just remember that from frame data). I would greatly like her ground mace throw to be made mid as well. It would open up the avenue for cool frame traps up close and give her ground mace throw a unique melee projectile quality that no other characters seem to have. I think it fits with HG.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I'm really getting sick of her slow B3. Everytime I anticipate correctly and use my MB B3 (lile when they jump in) the opponent always stuffs the armor because of the long wind up...it is the only thing she needs, imo.

Espio

Kokomo
Most of mine aren't actual buffs just more or less fixes for consistency.

1. Mace toss to hit mid on all hitboxes. The recovery on whiff for mace toss is really bad and is not that fast, I think this is reasonable for it to be a mid on everyone.

2. Faster back 3. Would make punishing jump ins, combo extension and things of that nature reliable.

3. All of her mid hitting strings to hit mid regardless of hitbox size. This is just my opinion, but I think if a move is classified as a mid it should hit mid on everyone in the game.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Ground Mace toss IS a mid, its just not a true mid and whiffs on alot of crouching characters >___>
Come to think of it I do remember it working on the likes of Solomon. Someone should experiment on all the crazy avenues for frame traps it opens up and see if it truly makes her OP or not. It really does change her playstyle a lot I think.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Come to think of it I do remember it working on the likes of Solomon. Someone should experiment on all the crazy avenues for frame traps it opens up and see if it truly makes her OP or not. It really does change her playstyle a lot I think.
In the corner, 32 mt mb as a blockstring gives you a free:
-B2
-MC
-we2/3
-Anything equal to or under 19~20 frames really.

Midscreen it'll be good to add a bit more pressure, corner it'll be awesome to force a mixup.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
In the corner, 32 mt mb as a blockstring gives you a free:
-B2
-MC
-we2/3
-Anything equal to or under 19~20 frames really.

Midscreen it'll be good to add a bit more pressure, corner it'll be awesome to force a mixup.
The one thing I remember about midscreen when I was messing with it a while back is that for certain blockstrings it perfectly punishes people who try to jump. As in if you do a blockstring and cancel into mt and they try to jump, it will punish them just as they leave the ground. Maybe it was from b2,2 xx mt

RIF

Noob
Allowing her to block while flying? Buffs? Are you guys kidding? This character is FINE. A faster B3? Okay. Everything else is completely superfluous.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
A better walkspeed, thats it.. i dont even want all the shit I listed before (coz NRS sucks and wont actually fix any of those). Just a walkspeed good enough to try to play "footsies" and help her get in without relying on flying/jumping or her garbage dash.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Allowing her to block while flying? Buffs? Are you guys kidding? This character is FINE. A faster B3? Okay. Everything else is completely superfluous.
I play a character that absolutely fucking bodies her, and this would solve the matches she loses for free without altering the ones she does okay in. Mind that I was the person who proposed that buff.

RIF

Noob
I play a character that absolutely fucking bodies her, and this would solve the matches she loses for free without altering the ones she does okay in. Mind that I was the person who proposed that buff.
Even her supposed "bad" match-up, Sinestro, is NOT bad. Hawgirl players should not even bother flying in that match-up. She gets in for free against zoners once she has a bar, then it's in her favor. No character "bodies" (god I hate that term), Hawkgirl.

DS does very well against her, yes, but it's no worse than 6-4.

Sinestro DOES own her. Hard.
DS matchup is just as tough.
Really good Lex's are murder.

Once she has a bar doesn't mean she can get in. Especially against Sinestro who shuts her flight down easy with boulders and her dash, WE, and MC are owned just as easily with his palm blasts. And once his trait is up? It's a wrap.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Dude...DS does not "absolutely body her". Are you playing HawkGirl's that just jump and or sit back and get hit? lol. Sinestro is more of a problem than DeathStroke...