What's new

Hawkgirl Buff Suggestions

RIF

Noob
Sinestro DOES own her. Hard.
DS matchup is just as tough.
Really good Lex's are murder.

Once she has a bar doesn't mean she can get in. Especially against Sinestro who shuts her flight down easy with boulders and her dash, WE, and MC are owned just as easily with his palm blasts. And once his trait is up? It's a wrap.
No. Sinestro does not own her had. Boulders are extremely punishable. You should not be flying against Sinestro. FB is negative on block. You can block and dash in. Once you get to a certain distance, Mace Charge will get in on Sinestro. Then it's constant pressure. Sinestro is complete shit up close and, honestly, not that good far off if you block and don't fly around.

Trait IS a problem, but it's a problem for a number of characters.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Dude...DS does not "absolutely body her". Are you playing HawkGirl's that just jump and or sit back and get hit? lol. Sinestro is more of a problem than DeathStroke...
I don't agree, but I'm just as eager as you to try it out. I want to believe she has more chance than that, but I haven't seen any evidence of it. You're top of my list to play right after rematches with Doombawkz the moment my display comes back.

You're wrong. Staggered force blasts don't allow HG to dash and get in. ESPECIALLY with her horrid dash and the awful recovery off of it.

Sinestro's palm blasts are 9 frames out of his hand. -22 on block means jack, when 1) you mb it late and 2) you just shoot another after the first one because even if you get in midrange, MC and WE fly right into his FB. The fastest thing to do is dash right after you block the FB. But you can MB it as it connects and then it's -3 on block. By the time you even think about trying to dash again, you're gonna get shot with another FB and pushed back out.

Heaven forbid, he reads her slow dash and decides to forgo FBing you and does B11 for a nice combo that pushes you back full screen again.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I don't agree, but I'm just as eager as you to try it out. I want to believe she has more chance than that, but I haven't seen any evidence of it. You're top of my list to play right after rematches with Doombawkz the moment my display comes back.
Keep in mind, when I see "absolutely bodies her", I raise my eyebrow just a bit. In no way am I suggesting the MU is easy or even. I believe it's 6-4 DS...I've played a slew of competent Death Stroke's and I've managed to either win or make the matches close. It's a matter of patience for the HG player...once we get in it's a fair game. Her 6 frame d1 and 6 frame F1 is so unholy to her opponents that it's simply overlooked by many. Also...all of her safe attacks and strings can't go unnoticed in this MU. However, I will agree...it can be completely horrendous for the HG player and it's easy to lose patience. ;)

RIF

Noob
You're wrong. Staggered force blasts don't allow HG to dash and get in. ESPECIALLY with her horrid dash and the awful recovery off of it.

Sinestro's palm blasts are 9 frames out of his hand. -22 on block means jack, when 1) you mb it late and 2) you just shoot another after the first one because even if you get in midrange, MC and WE fly right into his FB. The fastest thing to do is dash right after you block the FB. But you can MB it as it connects and then it's -3 on block. By the time you even think about trying to dash again, you're gonna get shot with another FB and pushed back out.

Heaven forbid, he reads her slow dash and decides to forgo FBing you and does B11 for a nice combo that pushes you back full screen again.
In the world of infinite meter, yeah, it must be hard. Nothing is fought in a vacuum. She has mobility. If you get to Mid-range, you have options. You can dash the boulders. You inch in against him. All it takes is one entry and the match is in her favor. Sinestro is not a wall of projectiles that keeps HG out the entire match. It's in his favor until she's in. This match-up will play out to be 6-4 or 5.5.-4.5 in the future. I play a very good Hawkgirl, and I can promise you that the above tactic will not work. Next time I play him, I will either record it or give an honest break down of his tactics. Until then, we can just agree to disagree.

skumz

Don't know if this has been said yet but in combo string 112. The 2 should be a overhead in my opinion. I think it would help her alot!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2