What's new

Match Footage HawkGirl Battle Footage

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Vs HawkingBird's Nightwing
Those were some good matches, Only saw the first vid but I think you couldve approached the MU in a better manner.

-When he was in Escrima stance you were crouch blocking alot in a range where only his overhead would reach you. When he's in this stance you can pretty much just block high all the time and everything low is reactable (aside from maybe d3 but at least that doesnt go into a full combo >__>).
-You were taking the fight to him a bit too much, NW wins this at close range, especially in staff stance. Just chill fullscreen and chuck maces if you have the life lead. He cant do anything to you there and has to come to you.
-His flying greyson move can be checked with a d2 if you think he'll do it. a d2 into a small combo will usually make them stop doing it outside of combos. Idk how safe it is on block, I wanna say its a high so you can just duck it but i'm not sure on that part.
-If you're in the air and he tries to do the flying greyson i'm pretty sure it wont hit if you're at max height, if it does i know you can do fly 3 and it avoids it lol. air MC does sometimes as well.
-jump back then air MC if you think he'll use the wing dings (fuckin hate this move). if he doesnt chuck a mace and cancel it to fly or just do nothing and land from the jump.
-on NW's wakeup meaty WE2 is awesome coz it'll make the flip move either whiff or you'll land and have time to block it. I've beaten it a couple of times too but i dont recall if they were wakeup attacks or they just fucked up and did it too late.
-you could use some more WE stuff, you were going for alot of instant j.d3's in a range where you couldve done some WE2 or some b2 mixups. NW players love hitting buttons coz they dont know what negative frames are, frametraps and using WE2/3 works really well against most of them. Plus the reward for hitting WE2 is a full combo where footdive is just a knockdown.
-More throws wouldve been nice too, guess I'm the only throw happy Hawkgirl? I love using her throw shenanigans lol.
-You had many punish opportunities and got some hits but didnt go for any combos, you hit alot of d1's punish and stray ones and almost never converted into any damage. one match i remember you landing a 123 with him in the corner and only did a 3 afterwards, something like 12 WE2 into b1 WE3 loops wouldve dope, but this is online so i'll give you the benefit of doubt on that.

Hope that helps somehow

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Those were some good matches, Only saw the first vid but I think you couldve approached the MU in a better manner.

-When he was in Escrima stance you were crouch blocking alot in a range where only his overhead would reach you. When he's in this stance you can pretty much just block high all the time and everything low is reactable (aside from maybe d3 but at least that doesnt go into a full combo >__>).
-You were taking the fight to him a bit too much, NW wins this at close range, especially in staff stance. Just chill fullscreen and chuck maces if you have the life lead. He cant do anything to you there and has to come to you.
-His flying greyson move can be checked with a d2 if you think he'll do it. a d2 into a small combo will usually make them stop doing it outside of combos. Idk how safe it is on block, I wanna say its a high so you can just duck it but i'm not sure on that part.
-If you're in the air and he tries to do the flying greyson i'm pretty sure it wont hit if you're at max height, if it does i know you can do fly 3 and it avoids it lol. air MC does sometimes as well.
-jump back then air MC if you think he'll use the wing dings (fuckin hate this move). if he doesnt chuck a mace and cancel it to fly or just do nothing and land from the jump.
-on NW's wakeup meaty WE2 is awesome coz it'll make the flip move either whiff or you'll land and have time to block it. I've beaten it a couple of times too but i dont recall if they were wakeup attacks or they just fucked up and did it too late.
-you could use some more WE stuff, you were going for alot of instant j.d3's in a range where you couldve done some WE2 or some b2 mixups. NW players love hitting buttons coz they dont know what negative frames are, frametraps and using WE2/3 works really well against most of them. Plus the reward for hitting WE2 is a full combo where footdive is just a knockdown.
-More throws wouldve been nice too, guess I'm the only throw happy Hawkgirl? I love using her throw shenanigans lol.
-You had many punish opportunities and got some hits but didnt go for any combos, you hit alot of d1's punish and stray ones and almost never converted into any damage. one match i remember you landing a 123 with him in the corner and only did a 3 afterwards, something like 12 WE2 into b1 WE3 loops wouldve dope, but this is online so i'll give you the benefit of doubt on that.

Hope that helps somehow
Lol thank you for the write up...truth of the matter is I played this dude late at night and I was rather tired...which explains my odd selection of moves/combos. But yes, I agree with every point you made ;)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Nice, lots of new footage, I'll try to go through that sometime today =)

I was gonna post some footage from this week's tourney but I ran Scorpion (LOL i know) this time around and didnt use Hawky >.> Still won though which is sad coz my Scops is ass /shrug.
So yeah next week I'll get some footage, got a couple tricks that I found out recently and I'll try to show them off in the matches =P

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!

I was gonna post some footage from this week's tourney but I ran Scorpion (LOL i know) this time around and didnt use Hawky >.> Still won though which is sad coz my Scops is ass /shrug.
So yeah next week I'll get some footage, got a couple tricks that I found out recently and I'll try to show them off in the matches =P
Nice man looking forward to that

RunwayMafia

Wait...you ran Scorpion? HOW COULD YOU????? ;)

Jon Berg

Noob
Damn, pretty solid lobo. After watching a lot of this footage, and looking at my own, I can't help but feel something needs to be done about mace charge. The majority of the 50 minutes of that match was just mace charge, mt, and we with some d1's sprinkled in, and you were free to charge whenever you want with basically no fear of repercussion. Yea you can jump punish it if you are spaced perfectly, but if you arnt you generally recover fast enough for it not to matter. I think on block HG shouldnt be pushed so far away, and it should either be more negative like zod's charge or have a longer whiff recover. Anyone else share this sentiment at all?

RunwayMafia

Damn, pretty solid lobo. After watching a lot of this footage, and looking at my own, I can't help but feel something needs to be done about mace charge. The majority of the 50 minutes of that match was just mace charge, mt, and we with some d1's sprinkled in, and you were free to charge whenever you want with basically no fear of repercussion. Yea you can jump punish it if you are spaced perfectly, but if you arnt you generally recover fast enough for it not to matter. I think on block HG shouldnt be pushed so far away, and it should either be more negative like zod's charge or have a longer whiff recover. Anyone else share this sentiment at all?
I find myself disagreeing with almost everything you post. It is not a fact that I primarily just did mace charges, mace tosses, and d1's "sprinkled in". First off, Mace Charge is her only solid footsy tool next to Wing Evade 3, in my opinion. Secondly, WHY NOT abuse D1? It is such a fantastic poke...6 frames of glory and amazing reach, at least for a d1. And I see what you did there, passively aggressively mocking my "nothing but mace charges, mt's, and d1's sprinkled in" play style as "compared to your own footage".

I remember you made a statement in the combo thread in regards to having no problems with connecting B3 after 123 and how it is not unreliable, unlike what most other players think about that sequence (if it truly is easy for you, that's awesome, but I'm merely pointing out I'm noticing a pattern in your statements).

Also, Mace Charge SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT BE CHANGED. It was already nerfed down to -4 from 0 on block...if they alter that move anymore her footsy game will be gone not to mention mace charge is such a good wake up tool/get away move. She has no vortex, her mix up game is somewhat non existent...you really want this character's best move to be nerfed yet again? That, kind sir, is ridiculous.

regulas

Your Emporer

All her special moves are charges, that means that they often feel similar, and is why when watching footage it sometimes feels like she's using the same moves too much, even though she's actually using at least 5 moves not counting MB versions.

To ever nerf MC would require some kind of massive buff all over the place, unlike Zod where charge is intended more as a punish move or combo ender, for HG it is the core piece of her kit. She lacks combo damage, but instead has good footsies due to several safe charge moves.

Jon Berg

Noob
I find myself disagreeing with almost everything you post. It is not a fact that I primarily just did mace charges, mace tosses, and d1's "sprinkled in". First off, Mace Charge is her only solid footsy tool next to Wing Evade 3, in my opinion. Secondly, WHY NOT abuse D1? It is such a fantastic poke...6 frames of glory and amazing reach, at least for a d1. And I see what you did there, passively aggressively mocking my "nothing but mace charges, mt's, and d1's sprinkled in" play style as "compared to your own footage".

I remember you made a statement in the combo thread in regards to having no problems with connecting B3 after 123 and how it is not unreliable, unlike what most other players think about that sequence (if it truly is easy for you, that's awesome, but I'm merely pointing out I'm noticing a pattern in your statements).

Also, Mace Charge SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT BE CHANGED. It was already nerfed down to -4 from 0 on block...if they alter that move anymore her footsy game will be gone not to mention mace charge is such a good wake up tool/get away move. She has no vortex, her mix up game is somewhat non existent...you really want this character's best move to be nerfed yet again? That, kind sir, is ridiculous.

First of all I didn't mean to put it in comparative form. I was more implying my footage and yours look identical, which is actually exactly how what I wrote reads. Was more mocking the Hawkgirl playstyle. And if its nerfed anymore, she would just have to adapt and use we3 and dashing, which isnt a problem. I think having her MC function the same was a Zod's charge would be fine. That wouldnt' change her getaway game at all and lets be real, every character can use a little change in regards to the wakeup system. She has a huge array of overheads, and a safe low string that combos into big damage in the corner, so could definitely be worse there.

No doubt she would have to be buffed in other areas, but I think it would create a more enjoyable kit to not only play, but play against.