What's new

Harely's tantrum stance is REALLY good...kinda dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruh i played a very good Harley today. He told me mid set about chasing down the roll. I started doing it and it's really not that hard. You might have bad reactions fam
try it with a character that doesnt give you it for free. Not every character has a fast recovering dash and normal starter. and again you havent sent me you reacting to it.
Its not hard at all to do on a read but the thing is thats not "death on block."

I like how LITERALLY everyone in the thread is telling him to get good, but he refuses to get good.
lololol git gud black adam isnt good, aquaman isnt good, batman isnt good, catwoman isnt good, sups isnt good, harley isnt good, atro isnt good git gud scrub lololol this characters fine your just a scrub lololololol

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
lololol git gud black adam isnt good, aquaman isnt good, batman isnt good, catwoman isnt good, sups isnt good git gud scrub lololol this characters fine your just a scrub lololololol
Yeah, I'm such a scrub. I got 25th at Combo Breaker without owning the game.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
Yea youre right. what do you think she is? personally I think bottom 5 but more realistically bottom 3 tbh.
Yes, impeccable logic, bud. Because I don't think she's top five, that must mean I'm downplaying and think that she's bottom tier. You're embarrassing yourself.

About as complicated as you trying to punish tantrum stance apparently.
Id like to see an entire competitive set between known players were tantrum stance is used more than 3 times on block and it being punished everytime on reaction, no reads here, of course all of her options had to be used. It is "death on block" as we all know so it shouldnt be very hard to find. Ill even go easy and say it could be any character against the harely so its pretty damn easy all some characters have to do is d1.

Both roll options best case scenario you have to react in about 26 frames (worrying about all the other options) and thats if youre lucky enough to have a 6 frame button that leads to a full combo, a fast enough dash and you dont have your moves low profiled. Also you have to be able to distinguish the forward roll and the cartwheel even though the difference isnt visible until about 14 frames in because it is literally the same startup animation. Believe it or not, some characters just cant deal with her options effectively and unless when you say git gud you mean change characters, theres little you can do to stop it.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Id like to see an entire competitive set between known players were tantrum stance is used more than 3 times on block and it being punished everytime on reaction, no reads here, of course all of her options had to be used. It is "death on block" as we all know so it shouldnt be very hard to find. Ill even go easy and say it could be any character against the harely so its pretty damn easy all some characters have to do is d1.

Both roll options best case scenario you have to react in about 26 frames (worrying about all the other options) and thats if youre lucky enough to have a 6 frame button that leads to a full combo, a fast enough dash and you dont have your moves low profiled. Also you have to be able to distinguish the forward roll and the cartwheel even though the difference isnt visible until about 14 frames in because it is literally the same startup animation. Believe it or not, some characters just cant deal with her options effectively and unless when you say git gud you mean change characters, theres little you can do to stop it.
You won't find this because good Harley's won't throw it out on block because it's so punishable. It's safer to go for hitconfirms off of her strings or zoning. If a Harley gets their TS blocked then they are probably screwing up somewhere.

I can't think of a single character where TS is a huge factor. If anything her zoning and footsies is what would give the lower tiers trouble.

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
\

You really think there is a match where all her options are used? All of them? At most there is a video out there of her Tantrum 1 getting punished. And right now, the only "Known players" who use her are BioHazard, Deg, KP and me and even then, we don't just throw it out like it's unpunishable. We prefer to hit confirm it with one of her starters. And using all her options though? This means she'd have to use all these moves in one match:

Tantrum 1-3
Roll Forward
Roll Back
Delayed tantrum into one of the above options.

Why is it that you're the only one complaining about her tantrum stance? Literally everyone else in this thread disagrees with you, but you're too blind to see it. Prolly because you're seeing red from raging over the fact that you don't have the reactions to punish.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Honestly beyond the first issue from the first video of idle tantrum stance causing moves like batmans b112 to whiff, (which isn't an issue because no harley just sits in tantrum stance because eventually she's gonna have to do something which can get blocked and punished), there is like no actual problem in this thread.

The only case you have is that forward roll causes whiffing issues, and even then, if you are reacting to roll and attempting to punish, you'll probably hit them at the right time anyway. And the two characters you listed can both get fairly good damage off of their d1s, especially BA.

Right now OP, you are arguing with people that because you personally cant react to tantrum stance, its busted and dumb. Despite the fact that every option is punishable on either reaction or a read, and it should never be thrown out on block, its dumb. The high profiling isnt an issue either, she quite literally goes over the poke, so why would it hit her? Worst case scenario, you block tantrum stance(which is most likely gonna be cancelled into cartwheel), you punish, win/win.

After your past few replies, its evident that you just want the character nerfed because you cant punish moves.

You won't find this because good Harley's won't throw it out on block because it's so punishable. It's safer to go for hitconfirms off of her strings or zoning. If a Harley gets their TS blocked then they are probably screwing up somewhere.

I can't think of a single character where TS is a huge factor. If anything her zoning and footsies is what would give the lower tiers trouble.
Footsies as in the fartherest reaching launchin low right?
I bet i can find atleast 3 a match from a known good player much more a whole set.

Zoidberg747

Footsies as in the fartherest reaching launchin low right?
I bet i can find atleast 3 a match from a known good player much more a whole set.
I'm not about to watch hours of match footage to try and win an argument over the internet, but you do you.

Considering her overhead has almost no range I see no reason why her low starter is anywhere near broken. Sounds like you need to reevaluate how you approach the matchup.

\

You really think there is a match where all her options are used? All of them? At most there is a video out there of her Tantrum 1 getting punished. And right now, the only "Known players" who use her are BioHazard, Deg, KP and me and even then, we don't just throw it out like it's unpunishable. We prefer to hit confirm it with one of her starters. And using all her options though? This means she'd have to use all these moves in one match:

Tantrum 1-3
Roll Forward
Roll Back
Delayed tantrum into one of the above options.

Why is it that you're the only one complaining about her tantrum stance? Literally everyone else in this thread disagrees with you, but you're too blind to see it. Prolly because you're seeing red from raging over the fact that you don't have the reactions to punish.
I said a set not a match. And just because im the supposed only one complaining it doesnt mean it isnt an issue or it isnt good. Youll see plenty of pros struggle with punishing this.

I'm not about to watch hours of match footage to try and win an argument over the internet, but you do you.

Considering her overhead has almost no range I see no reason why her low starter is anywhere near broken. Sounds like you need to reevaluate how you approach the matchup.
right because shuting down your entire footsie game because of a low starter that has insane range is me handing the mu wrong.

Zoidberg747

right because shuting down your entire footsie game because of a low starter that has insane range is me handing the mu wrong.
Your character would have to have pretty bad footsies to get shut down by Harley. And if they do get shutdown by Harley I can't imagine how they would fair against most of the upper tiers. Sure her footsies are good but they aren't anywhere near Atro, Bladam, Aqua, Supes, Bats, etc etc.

Her B2 is pretty bad on whiff so you can at least close the gap between you if she whiffs it. It seems like you just really struggle against the character, and the way you talk about the matchup you will continue to do so. If you think something is impossible then it will be. If the matchup is as bad for your character as you make it out to be, then you may need to pick up a secondary (and if they get wrecked by harley they probably get wrecked by a lot of characters so the advice would still apply).

try it with a character that doesnt give you it for free. Not every character has a fast recovering dash and normal starter. and again you havent sent me you reacting to it.
Its not hard at all to do on a read but the thing is thats not "death on block."
So this is irrelevant because you're wrong but I'd like to point out that certain characters having an easier time punishing certain options is literally the basis of competitive matchups. How your options interact with your opponents will(and obviously should) change depending on what character you use. Unless you want every character to be the same exact thing.

But that's stupid in this case because every character CAN punish it on a read/reaction. If the character can do it, and you can't, it's not the characters that need to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.