What's new

Harely's tantrum stance is REALLY good...kinda dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you like me to showcase punishing TS with an 8f normal as well? It's -10 on block every character can punish it. Most have 6f s1 or d1. Hell you don't even need to do a d1 just stand punish it lol
try standing punishing her forward roll and back roll. not everyone has a d1 that launches believe it or not.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
First that extra 10 frames or so is in the air preventing a d1 or low or low mid attack from hitting
For the first few frames(5 i believe), you're still counted as grounded, unless they changed that. On top of that, unless in extreme cases, most d1s will knock her out the air before she even jumps. I'm in the lab with batman, and d1ing her at the end of the roll animation anti airs her or simply punishes. Bare in mind, his d1 is garbage.

Second forward roll looks very similar to cartwheel for atleast 15 frames. hard to make that judgement call that quickly unless you want to risk getting full comboed.
Maybe for you, but to me the animation is very distinctively different. On top of this, the roll recovers in at least 32f(according to the in game frame data) How are you not reacting to this?

Also I want to note that ij1 whiffs on crouching hitboxes too, so even if your d1 fails to punish, you'll still be safe anyway.

Last the rolls low profile lots of normals preventing clean punishes. Better hope youve got a combo launcher after your d1.
It does low profile highs, but whos mids does it low profile? I'll test other characters but literally every single one of batmans mids punish easily.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
This has nothing to do with what I meant. In the very first video it shows b112 missing on her when she is just laying there. I specifically even stated that thats not even really a problem, I just pointed it out. There was literally no need to quote me for these videos.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
This has nothing to do with what I meant. In the very first video it shows b112 missing on her when she is just laying there. I specifically even stated that thats not even really a problem, I just pointed it out. There was literally no need to quote me for these videos.
That's another issue my problem was with him showing that he made it seem like you can't poke out of d1 TS which u can. You can d2 it too

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
try standing punishing her forward roll and back roll. not everyone has a d1 that launches believe it or not.
I'm not gonna lie man, it just seems like you're making up excuses for having to make reads on her options. More important, every option is reliably punishable, especially back roll. You have eons of time to dash or jump in and punish, and if you fail that, its still your turn. Its not that hard to deal with. Most of the examples that you've listed overall arent actually issues, nor do they make her ridiculous.

Last edited:
For the first few frames(5 i believe), you're still counted as grounded, unless they changed that. On top of that, unless in extreme cases, most d1s will knock her out the air before she even jumps. I'm in the lab with batman, and d1ing her at the end of the roll animation anti airs her or simply punishes. Bare in mind, his d1 is garbage.

Maybe for you, but to me the animation is very distinctively different. On top of this, the roll recovers in at least 32f(according to the in game frame data) How are you not reacting to this?

Also I want to note that ij1 whiffs on crouching hitboxes too, so even if your d1 fails to punish, you'll still be safe anyway.

It does low profile highs, but whos mids does it low profile? I'll test other characters but literally every single one of batmans mids punish easily.
I thought the stance was death on block not anti air d1 damage.

Yea 32f - 6f d1 or whatever else is 26f. 26f punish were the startup is significantly similar to a launcher. How would you not see that its similar startup, she is rolling off of the ground in the same way except eventually her legs come out for the launcher. Now if you dont have a solid mid or a d1 launcher and want an actual combo punish ("death on block") then your going to have to go for something even slower and hope that the roll doesnt low profile it.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
I thought the stance was death on block not anti air d1 damage.

Yea 32f - 6f d1 or whatever else is 26f. 26f punish were the startup is significantly similar to a launcher. How would you not see that its similar startup, she is rolling off of the ground in the same way except eventually her legs come out for the launcher. Now if you dont have a solid mid or a d1 launcher and want an actual combo punish ("death on block") then your going to have to go for something even slower and hope that the roll doesnt low profile it.
You said d1 was the only option some characters had so I used that as an example. And can you give me any examples of mids being low profiled?

I'm not gonna lie man, it just seems like you're making up excuses for having to make reads on her options. More important, every option is reliably punishable, especially back roll. You have eons of time to dash or jump in and punish, and if you fail that, its still your turn. Its not that hard to deal with. Most of the examples that you've listed overall arent actually issues, nor do they make her ridiculous.
Back rolls an easy punish on a READ. Its a free punish if your doing a reversal dash or jump (Rarely any character can get there on time with a jump in). However, if you have a slow recovering dash or slow punish its a very difficult if possible at all reaction. And if you miss it its not automatically your turn. believe it or not, not many characters want to me in the position of a blocked d1 because they dont get free pressure off of it. so you could go for something else but your at a greater risk of punishing the "death on block" move.

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Ive only tried a few but superman f2 and black adam s2 i believe.
From what I just tested, supermans f2 hit more significantly more than it was low profiled, although it did admittedly happen, so I'll give you that. I see what you mean that black adams s2 is low profiled though, it went under it pretty consistently. Fair enough.

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
It still existing.
Plus she is stronger now.
No shit it exists. Doesn't change the fact that it's HELLA punishable and react-able. I can bring of videos from Injustice 1 days of Harley players getting punished for it. There is nothing wrong with the move. It's not OP or trash, it's fine and you need to get better reactions if you can't punish her for it.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
No shit it exists. Doesn't change the fact that it's HELLA punishable and react-able. I can bring of videos from Injustice 1 days of Harley players getting punished for it. There is nothing wrong with the move. It's not OP or trash, it's fine and you need to get better reactions if you can't punish her for it.
Not to mention tantrum stance was way harder to punish in IGAU actually lol

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
Not to mention tantrum stance was way harder to punish in IGAU actually lol
I don't think it was. The frame data is still the same in Inj2 if i recall. Only thing i do remember is that stand blocking cartwheel gave you more frames to punish as opposed to crouch blocking.

Also, hi Sunfire!! <3 <3 <3

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't think it was. The frame data is still the same in Inj2 if i recall. Only thing i do remember is that stand blocking cartwheel gave you more frames to punish as opposed to crouch blocking.

Also, hi Sunfire!! <3 <3 <3
Yeah, the cartwheel is what I meant.

Hey <3

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
So you going to show me you actually reacting to it because those right there are reads not reactions. you dash and jump and punish as soon as you can. You wouldve gotten hit by cartwheel/delayed cartwheel there 10/10 times.
Bruh i played a very good Harley today. He told me mid set about chasing down the roll. I started doing it and it's really not that hard. You might have bad reactions fam

Status
Not open for further replies.