What's new

Halo: Infinite

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Yup, it'll come out in May 2022 for now.

Anyways, our green boi is back :D.
Yeah I saw that after I posted I thought it was just people trolling. No coop campaign on launch is probably the weakest shit I have seen in a while. I just wanted to play the campaign on release with my brother not wait 6-10 months cuz you know its gonna be delayed.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Played the first three levels so far and some side activities. Difficulty is very well balanced on heroic and it is super fun to play. No complaints whatsoever so far. The low level brutes go down maybe a little too easy, but the elites are really good. The jackals also don’t fuck around this time compared to the last several games.

Played the first three levels so far and some side activities. Difficulty is very well balanced on heroic and it is super fun to play. No complaints whatsoever so far. The low level brutes go down maybe a little too easy, but the elites are really good. The jackals also don’t fuck around this time compared to the last several games.
Yup, even jackals on Heroic can be a pain if you don't deal with them first.

Yeah I saw that after I posted I thought it was just people trolling. No coop campaign on launch is probably the weakest shit I have seen in a while. I just wanted to play the campaign on release with my brother not wait 6-10 months cuz you know its gonna be delayed.
I was bummed too and the Halo reddit is booming with posts about the game's development. Seems like we're playing a game that started development 2 years ago because everything was going crazy internally in 343i.

I fired up the game last night and played through the first two levels. My overall impression right now is excellent.

The cutscenes have been great (the intro was fantastic), the story is interesting and I'm very keen on learning more, and the gameplay feels like Halo, but enhanced.

The enemy sounds, music, and dialogue is also really good, and my only major nitpick thus far is weapon sounds seem a little muted to me, kind of like DOOM 3 at launch.

One Grunt yelled at me to think about my life choices, which was hillarious. And I did. And then I shot him in the head.

I agree @Dankster Morgan that base-Brutes seem too fragile, but Jackal Snipers really are back. I'm playing on Normal and already died to one :p.

My Xbox One X is handling the game wonderfully so far. I am playing on performance mode, so 1440p at 60 FPS. We'll see when I get to Zeta Halo and the open world proper, but so far, not complaints! Interestingly, when sorting the games in my Library, it doesn't show as Xbox One X Enhanced, even though it is.

I'm also surprised by how small it is. Only 48 GB!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
The boss fights are good too so far at least in the first two. Intro is great too.
Gonna spoiler tag it because I don’t wanna ruin anything for people who stayed completely away.
Tremonius was fun, although I had a skewer on me so I absolutely obliterated him in like a minute. Chak Lok killed me twice on heroic, I’ll admit it. Was a super fun and creepy boss fight. I really like that so far at least they aren’t just bumped up health bars, they have unique behaviors. The okro vagadun of whatever his name is bounty was cool as well, with him in the middle with camo and the jackal snipers surrounding him, with brute reinforcements dropping in. Way fun. getting the weapons off of the targets to call from fobs is too cool.

Not going to watch those videos yet, just in case.

I have started exploring Zeta Halo, and the game runs very well on my Xbox One X. I've had the odd frame drop, but nothing horrible or game breaking.

Very pleased with the game thus far overall.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I finished the game, the ending was insane. Sets up whats next for Infinite but is still a satisfying end to the main story. Definitely planning to go back and 100% all of the open world activities before going back to multiplayer or starting a new save on Legendary. Escharum and Jega are up there with Tartarus and the Prophet of Truth to me. I say we wait another couple weeks to talk spoilers, but I definitely want to hear thoughts on some of the big story beats, and on what the ending implies. Watch the legendary ending on Youtube after you finish the game. Difficulty balancing was very good on heroic I have to say.

I finished the game, the ending was insane. Sets up whats next for Infinite but is still a satisfying end to the main story. Definitely planning to go back and 100% all of the open world activities before going back to multiplayer or starting a new save on Legendary. Escharum and Jega are up there with Tartarus and the Prophet of Truth to me. I say we wait another couple weeks to talk spoilers, but I definitely want to hear thoughts on some of the big story beats, and on what the ending implies. Watch the legendary ending on Youtube after you finish the game. Difficulty balancing was very good on heroic I have to say.
Nice, good stuff! I completed the Tower, and have barely touched the main story since. Like with all open world games, I just run around, explore, and do the snot out of side missions first.

It may take me a little to actually get through the game (which is not a bad thing!).

I'm actually finding it better to traverse Zeta Halo on foot, and not in vehicles. I find Warthogs and even Mongeese get caught on terrain too often.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Nice, good stuff! I completed the Tower, and have barely touched the main story since. Like with all open world games, I just run around, explore, and do the snot out of side missions first.

It may take me a little to actually get through the game (which is not a bad thing!).

I'm actually finding it better to traverse Zeta Halo on foot, and not in vehicles. I find Warthogs and even Mongeese get caught on terrain too often.
Not a bad thing at all! Get the upgraded sentinal beam off that elite boss in the ghost and you can breeze the game on heroic at least.

Not a bad thing at all! Get the upgraded sentinal beam off that elite boss in the ghost and you can breeze the game on heroic at least.
I have yet to reach that boss at any rate, as that's news to me! I'm still on my way to the first dig site the Spartan in the Tower told me about, but that'll be a bit as lots of optional stuff to do. According to my save file, I'm 22% of the way through the game as-of-this-typing.

I'm generally relying on the Battle Rifle, and either the shotgun (Bullshot?) or Assault Rifle. Mostly. I've had fun with Energy Swords as well. Those Spec Ops Elites are very sneaky in this game.

Some funny things/bugs I've encountered in the game:

• Echo 216 dropped a Warthog I requisitioned on top of a Marine, killing him.
  • An inbound Phantom got close to me, and then just vanished!
  • I've had those APC Warthogs get stuck on rocks a few times, and had to abandon them.
  • The odd physics bug, but that's normal for Halo.
Overall though, the game is running great on the old Xbox One X.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I have yet to reach that boss at any rate, as that's news to me! I'm still on my way to the first dig site the Spartan in the Tower told me about, but that'll be a bit as lots of optional stuff to do. According to my save file, I'm 22% of the way through the game as-of-this-typing.

I'm generally relying on the Battle Rifle, and either the shotgun (Bullshot?) or Assault Rifle. Mostly. I've had fun with Energy Swords as well. Those Spec Ops Elites are very sneaky in this game.

Some funny things/bugs I've encountered in the game:

• Echo 216 dropped a Warthog I requisitioned on top of a Marine, killing him.
  • An inbound Phantom got close to me, and then just vanished!
  • I've had those APC Warthogs get stuck on rocks a few times, and had to abandon them.
  • The odd physics bug, but that's normal for Halo.
Overall though, the game is running great on the old Xbox One X.
Iv had so many marines die from req drops falling on them, it’s hilarious. Filling the Razorback with 5 marines with rocket launchers is a fun way to charge into a base, I like the options to tackle the objectives.
I think the “meta” load out for campaign is gonna be the Breacher BR or Impact Commando with the upgraded Sentinal Beam to melt bosses. For legendary at least. Anything is good on heroic. Aside from needlers melting hunters and wanting a sentinal beam in the late game, it was very effective.

Regardless of difficulty, I would recommend having fully upgraded shields, grapple, threat sensor, and thruster before starting the level called the command spire, will make the last levels more fun and less frustrating. Although with fully upgraded stuff, the game is probably one of the easier halo games on Heroic. I think on Legendary im already imagining parts on Heroic that were tough fights that really pushed me, turning into bullshit I want to cheese. We will see though.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Pelican Down was my favorite level, it felt super intense and urgent throughout.

Got chills from “Hand of Atriox - deploy. Then rushing to get to Echo 216, and seeing Tovarus on the tower pressuring you with his scrap cannon, and Hyperius in his chopper coming after you. Halo aside from Reach, really mixes it’s more sinister and serious moments with some mysticism that makes what are pretty sad and dark themes come off as palatable and alluring, it’s a pretty unique vibe. Think how the flood were handled, which could easily be made into a survival horror game, the flood and the implications behind them are terrifying, but the games never let it get too dark, while still not downplaying them. Very special for halo to pull that off. This part on this level set up some serious urgency and presents you with a big problem, plus you know that Chief has a chip on his shoulder after finding the dead Spartans that Hyperius, Tovarus, and Jega killed earlier. Feels personal to save the pilot and avenge the dead Spartans. Escharum, Hyperius, and Tovarus talking shit to you the entire level, plus how big the encounters are also do a great job of pacing and setting up for this.

Iv had so many marines die from req drops falling on them, it’s hilarious. Filling the Razorback with 5 marines with rocket launchers is a fun way to charge into a base, I like the options to tackle the objectives.
I think the “meta” load out for campaign is gonna be the Breacher BR or Impact Commando with the upgraded Sentinal Beam to melt bosses. For legendary at least. Anything is good on heroic. Aside from needlers melting hunters and wanting a sentinal beam in the late game, it was very effective.

Regardless of difficulty, I would recommend having fully upgraded shields, grapple, threat sensor, and thruster before starting the level called the command spire, will make the last levels more fun and less frustrating. Although with fully upgraded stuff, the game is probably one of the easier halo games on Heroic. I think on Legendary im already imagining parts on Heroic that were tough fights that really pushed me, turning into bullshit I want to cheese. We will see though.
So here's a question about FoB's, can you actually requisition the Marines, and if so, how? I found how to requisition vehicles and weapons, but not the actual infantry. So when I get a vehicle, whoever is there pops in and that's who I get.

I have yet to fight Hunters, so good to know Needlers work great against them. I haven't used the Needler myself yet in this game.

My Sheilds are currently fully upgraded. Since I'm prioritizing side missions and such first over the main story, getting fully upgraded is not something I'm worried about.

Currently, I'm 28% of the way through the game according to my save file.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
So here's a question about FoB's, can you actually requisition the Marines, and if so, how? I found how to requisition vehicles and weapons, but not the actual infantry. So when I get a vehicle, whoever is there pops in and that's who I get.

I have yet to fight Hunters, so good to know Needlers work great against them. I haven't used the Needler myself yet in this game.

My Sheilds are currently fully upgraded. Since I'm prioritizing side missions and such first over the main story, getting fully upgraded is not something I'm worried about.

Currently, I'm 28% of the way through the game according to my save file.
I have no idea about the marine requisition, iv never tried. I just req whatever weapon I want them to have and give it to them, there’s always enough to fill a razorback so iv never looked deeper. If I have a razorback full of marines with power weapons, a breacher BR, and arcane sentinal beam, I can take on anything really.

I have no idea about the marine requisition, iv never tried. I just req whatever weapon I want them to have and give it to them, there’s always enough to fill a razorback so iv never looked deeper. If I have a razorback full of marines with power weapons, a breacher BR, and arcane sentinal beam, I can take on anything really.
Dude... I never thought about giving the Marines weapons... So obvious!

Had a hilarious bug happen last night:

So I found my first Rocket-hog, and started driving around in it with a few Marines. Apparently, the Rocket-hog can shoot down enemy Phantoms! I took two of them down then went to answer a Marine distress call. The re-enforcing Phantoms game, dropped of their infantry, and left, but my gunners were still shooting at it.

Anyway, I mop up the infantry and Weapon tells me in her uplifting way that I saved them and I'm the most swell guy in the galaxy, when one of my Marines yells something about hostile ship incoming!

So I'm waiting and waiting and nothing. I climb a hill for a better view, and just over it is this weird yellow/white glowing orb. It's showing as a threat on my motion tracker, so I open fire and so do my Marines. They're going crazy talking about an enemy ship, throwing Grenades, shooting at it, etc.

Nothing is happening though. I immediately realize it's a bug, and I move close and zoom in with my Battle Rifle, only to see in the centre of this orb a teeny, tiny Phantom! It's stuck, not moving, and I think the yellow/white sphere was actually an explosion and that it was killed earlier in the battle, but the game couldn't reconcile this.

Ultimately I just left it and moved on, but seeing such a tiny Phantom was super funny.

I'm 35% of the way through the game now. I think I'll head to the Banished dig site as it's between me and the next FoB I want to liberate.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Had a hilarious bug happen last night:

So I found my first Rocket-hog, and started driving around in it with a few Marines. Apparently, the Rocket-hog can shoot down enemy Phantoms! I took two of them down then went to answer a Marine distress call. The re-enforcing Phantoms game, dropped of their infantry, and left, but my gunners were still shooting at it.

Anyway, I mop up the infantry and Weapon tells me in her uplifting way that I saved them and I'm the most swell guy in the galaxy, when one of my Marines yells something about hostile ship incoming!

So I'm waiting and waiting and nothing. I climb a hill for a better view, and just over it is this weird yellow/white glowing orb. It's showing as a threat on my motion tracker, so I open fire and so do my Marines. They're going crazy talking about an enemy ship, throwing Grenades, shooting at it, etc.

Nothing is happening though. I immediately realize it's a bug, and I move close and zoom in with my Battle Rifle, only to see in the centre of this orb a teeny, tiny Phantom! It's stuck, not moving, and I think the yellow/white sphere was actually an explosion and that it was killed earlier in the battle, but the game couldn't reconcile this.

Ultimately I just left it and moved on, but seeing such a tiny Phantom was super funny.
I went to save some marines, and flew over a hill in a warthog not knowing where they were, landed on them and immediately killed two of them on accident, then I grapple off to go have some fun and kill the banished that was there, then Weapon congratulates me for saving them, as I see the final one getting killed by a berserk Brute

I went to save some marines, and flew over a hill in a warthog not knowing where they were, landed on them and immediately killed two of them on accident, then I grapple off to go have some fun and kill the banished that was there, then Weapon congratulates me for saving them, as I see the final one getting killed by a berserk Brute
And this is why the game's sandbox is so great!

How to you post/hide spoilers on this board? I want to talk about a boss battle that was my first thing I have not enjoyed in the game; I found it's design very poor and not-intuitive.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
How to you post/hide spoilers on this board? I want to talk about a boss battle that was my first thing I have not enjoyed in the game; I found it's design very poor and not-intuitive.
Its in the drop down box next to the emotes. I bet I know which boss you're talking about haha