What's new

Halo: Infinite

Digital Foundry got to try out the Campaign on Xbox Series. Overall, looking very good, though apparently the Campaign's cutscenes play poorly:

Based on what they found with the Xbox Series S, I'm glad I didn't pick one up. I figure my Xbox One X will play the game similar or even better.

Dankster Morgan

she don’t call me daddy she call me Grandmaster
Really loving the multiplayer! The battle rifle feels so good. The cinder shot is really fun to use, its super satisfying hitting someone around the corner.

Dankster Morgan

@Dankster Morgan Joe Staten talking about how Halo 2 was originally supposed to end:
Ryan is one of the best people at IGN. Genuinely does good work and is a really skilled interviewer. You can tell Joe appreciated Ryan engaging with him as a person before going straight to Infinite talk in the full interview. I don’t like IGN but if Ryan is doing the review I will take it seriously.

Dankster Morgan

The campaign launch trailer especially was very good. Really excited to play the campaign. I think I'm gonna do it on heroic. Was debating between normal, heroic, or legendary. Legendary sounds too sweaty to enjoy the story on my first playthrough and I think normal won't be as engaging.

The campaign launch trailer especially was very good. Really excited to play the campaign. I think I'm gonna do it on heroic. Was debating between normal, heroic, or legendary. Legendary sounds too sweaty to enjoy the story on my first playthrough and I think normal won't be as engaging.
I always do a first playthrough on Normal, second on Heroic.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Going in blind on all of these new trailers. I did love those Halo 3 live action commercials. Can't wait for this

I do Heroic, I think that's been the most balanced difficulty. Enemies feel strong like they should and you feel good for killing them. You are less likely to get stuck on some Jackal snipers or something, allowing the spoonfeeding of the narrative to continue unabated. And if you beat Legendary first, it's like you have less content.

Dankster Morgan

Going in blind on all of these new trailers. I did love those Halo 3 live action commercials. Can't wait for this

I do Heroic, I think that's been the most balanced difficulty. Enemies feel strong like they should and you feel good for killing them. You are less likely to get stuck on some Jackal snipers or something, allowing the spoonfeeding of the narrative to continue unabated. And if you beat Legendary first, it's like you have less content.
Legendary is only even fun at all in a few of the games. Not because it's impossibly hard or anything, but it becomes more about memorization and cheesing than it does actually playing through a scenario. CE legendary is good, 2 is absolutely terrible, 3 is mostly playable except vehicles are terrible, ODST is surprisingly not the worst, Reach is good minus the elite 6 frame on hit melee one hit kill, 4 same as reach except knight bullshit and the monotony wears you down, havent done or attempted 5.