What's new

GVN Summer Jam V - 8/27 - 8/28 Philly, PA

Eazail

Noob
What do we need to bring with us at this tournament to sign up for the games? I payed the venue and mvc3 fees already. Do I need some kind of proof?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Goddamnit...I always forget to save my email...are we able to inform the staff at the registration tables that we purchased early if we don't have a receipt?

the $10 to enter the mk9 tourney do you have to pay them at the door or is there a way to pay it online i could not find where to sign up for it

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Goddamnit...I always forget to save my email...are we able to inform the staff at the registration tables that we purchased early if we don't have a receipt?
You should have proof of purchase in. Your paypal account.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

sup guys, any mk players looking for a roommate? i havent gotten to play many casuals at previous tournaments and really want to do it here! i play kano/nightwolf/kenshi, hope to make kenshi my main character for the tournament

the $10 to enter the mk9 tourney do you have to pay them at the door or is there a way to pay it online i could not find where to sign up for it
I don't see a place on the website to preregister for MK, so I'm assuming that's just for AE and MvC3, and all other games you'll pay at the door.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
To anyone around the Philly area or driving in a tad early I'm looking at hosting a 24 Hour MK marathon Thursday night into Friday. Gotta stay rested for Saturday! There's free food and drinks and at least 3 (good quality) set ups. We don't have a hotel room since I'm so close to Summer Jam, so you're more than welcome to crash here... but you won't be sleeping since it's a marathon anyway right?

EDIT: My apartment is nice and non stereotypical of a gamer's pad. I promise.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
To anyone around the Philly area or driving in a tad early I'm looking at hosting a 24 Hour MK marathon Thursday night into Friday. Gotta stay rested for Saturday! There's free food and drinks and at least 3 (good quality) set ups. We don't have a hotel room since I'm so close to Summer Jam, so you're more than welcome to crash here... but you won't be sleeping since it's a marathon anyway right?

EDIT: My apartment is nice and non stereotypical of a gamer's pad. I promise.

Let me know if anyone is interested.
What time to what time? Do you have an idea of how long your will to do this. I work till 10 pm Thursday I was planning on driving up early Friday to philly. It's about a 6.5 hour drive. But if this is lasting awhile I may drive up Thursday night.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=43.186329,-77.606161
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Dan, the problem is that I didn't use my Paypal...I did it as guest... -_-

Tom, you say Thursday? I'm Greyhounding it to Philly on Thursday...I'll be there at around 9...and I need a way to get to the hotel the next day.

SwiftTomHanks

missiles are coming
Dan: I was going to kick things off Thursday night, probably around 10pm (and plan on going to sleep somewhere around midnight Friday). You're totally welcome to make the drive Thursday night and crash here. 10 is pretty late to start a 6+ hour drive, then start a MK marathon. But if you wanna beast it, we'll make sure we have some coffee and red bull awaiting your arrival. Good news though bud! I'm on the way to Philly from where you're coming from. So cut 20 minutes off haha.

THTB: I can pick you up in Philly if you want on Thursday and give you a ride in whenever. If there is a hotel room open for me and my 2 (perhaps 3) friends I know we'll be down for sticking around the whole weekend. I'll chip in too.

I'll PM either of you my cell if you need anything while getting to or in Philly if you want.

SwiftTomHanks: i am def interested in this!!! i'd be coming friday afternoon/early evening prob. let me know whats up

-josh

CitizenSnips

A seldom used crab named Lucky. AKA Citizen Snips.
I'm arriving at Philly around 10am ON Friday. Should I just get a taxi to the hotel or is everyone going SwiftTomHanks' place?

Can't wait! Also, do we ever find out pool details? Or is that something we just find out the day of the tourny? It's my goal to make it out of pools, failed at EVO BUT I GOTTA MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!

DanCock

Cock Master!!
I'm arriving at Philly around 10am ON Friday. Should I just get a taxi to the hotel or is everyone going SwiftTomHanks' place?

Can't wait! Also, do we ever find out pool details? Or is that something we just find out the day of the tourny? It's my goal to make it out of pools, failed at EVO BUT I GOTTA MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!
right now im planning on arriving at the hotel around 6pm on friday.. however im still deciding that maybe i might go to toms place.. that means ill be in philly at like 2 am thursday night (err friday morning) LOL so i need to make up my mind some time tomorrow night.

CitizenSnips

Hmm I see... so if you do get there at 6pm then I either hang around the hotel until you arrive or go to SwiftTomHanks if he is inviting anyone to go?

Just want to make sure I know what I'm doing when I get there lol

redeyes

Button Masher
right now im planning on arriving at the hotel around 6pm on friday.. however im still deciding that maybe i might go to toms place.. that means ill be in philly at like 2 am thursday night (err friday morning) LOL so i need to make up my mind some time tomorrow night.

ill be getting a ride to philly around 630 7 on friday think you will be there by then if you go to STH's? i dont want to stand around with bag and pillow and stuff >.<

AC1984

Kaballin!
There is going to be heavy raining, fast wind and possible power outage in the Philly area. Finishing the whole event on Saturday night would be very smart and safe for all drivers.

CitizenSnips

Isn't the hurricane hitting late sunday afternoon??? So most can play casuals on Friday. Play in the tourney on Saturday. Then leave late Saturday night before it hits the east coast.
Oh shit I'm leaving Sunday night.... I don't know if I can switch my return home to earlier, I'm going by Amtrak