What's new

Tech - Gunslinger Gunslinger Stuffs 6 Frame Armor Reversals

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I've been experimenting with this as well, found them a couple days ago. It's a cool mind game too because you can use 21122/12/b32 SOS3 as a block string for huge chip and meter building and then change it up with SOS2 if you read their armor reversal.
Can you help me out picking gunslinger back up? I'm rusty as fuck with him lol.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Yet another setup Goro does not give a single fuck about.
Goro is the ultimate bully. His fatalities should have been a wedgie that rips you in half and a wet willy that makes your head explode.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Yeah it's okay but it's not as good as it seems. There's no reason for you to be using armour after let's say 21122 since he's already -1 so you can poke afterwards with an 8f poke or less (MU specific). If he cancels into EX Sand Grenade and you're trying to armour you get hit. It's a pointless risk to take. Not to mention Sos2 whiffs on crouch block and since you should be crouching against Erron you can whiff-punish on reaction.

It's not even a mindgame between getting hit by Sos2 & taking the chip of Sos3 since you can blow him up with armour every time on the last hit of Sos3.

Last edited:

Infinite

Noob
Yeah it's okay but it's not as good as it seems. There's no reason for you to be using armour after let's say 21122 since he's already -1 so you can poke afterwards with an 8f poke or less (MU specific). If he cancels into EX Sand Grenade and you're trying to armour you get hit. It's a pointless risk to take. Not to mention Sos2 whiffs on crouch block and since you should be crouching against Erron you can whiff-punish on reaction.

It's not even a mindgame between getting hit by Sos2 & taking the chip of Sos3 since you can blow him up with armour every time on the last hit of Sos3.
the option between sand trap and finishing the 21122 still demands way more respect; after the final hit SOS3&4 can dominate certain MU's though. SOS2 is still really hard to use effectively, I still think df1 and db4 make it a bit redundant.

Gofer_MK_

Banned
I'm gonna tell you this. Sonic FOx said Kano was overbuffer thus the hotfix, he also said that he will be playing Gunslinger so this variation won't get a hotfix. ;)

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
That's some real nice stuff. Should definitely be kept, he is shooting with two pistols after all.

You also have to make a read on the reversal so it goes both ways.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
What should be implemented as well with sos2 is doing b32 sos2 instead of ever using b32u1 now. -8 vs -14 if remember correctly.

Infinite

Noob
What should be implemented as well with sos2 is doing b32 sos2 instead of ever using b32u1 now. -8 vs -14 if remember correctly.
I'd say b32SOS would be really smart, then on hit confirm you can take the option to launch with 2 or use 3/4 on block. You get less damage with sos2 over u1 though.

Last edited:

TKB

Noob

Even if they do armor the last hit of SOS3 they won't get much. There aren't many characters that are going to get a combo from armoring that, it pushes you back pretty far. I still think it's pretty good. I do agree that just canceling 21122 into sand grenade is going to be a better option though.

Are you seriously playing Jason now

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I played a good Gunslinger on 9/7/15. I definitely think Gunslinger is going to enjoy some success at tournaments. Its pretty nice now.