What's new

Match Footage - Marksman GunShow (Marksman Erron Black) vs Pig of The Hut (Kenjutsu Kenshi)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
That's only for F13 cancel, his 21112121212121221 cancel or whatever is +1, B32 cancel is +1, and 4 GC is +7.

Let's not kid ourselves, this is not MK9 where the top 5 were basically set in stone. There are so many characters compete with each other in S Tier, Erron Black has already shown he has all the tools to be in S tier.

Just a thought Pig, I think you should harass with d4 more with Kenshi. It might not directly link with Overhead sword like b3, but it has more range, keeps your hitbox safer, and recovers much faster. Also jump in on Marksman alot more, he doesn't have any good AAs to deal with J1(whatever the sword jumpin is) outside of Air grenade.
Yea I've been looking Into d4 and b4 much more and how to set it up properly to control space

Also found something cool to do after max range df1 blocked

Skedar70

Noob
Oh no I mean like erron black defending him wise

Like basic erron stuff
I notice you weren't ducking the three shot rifle move that Erron has in marksman. You can neutral duck it. I even think you can block the first hit and then neutral duck the other two to avoid the hit stun and chip in case you believe he is going to do the single shot that hits mid.

Pig Of The Hut

I notice you weren't ducking the three shot rifle move that Erron has in marksman. You can neutral duck it. I even think you can block the first hit and then neutral duck the other two to avoid the hit stun and chip in case you believe he is going to do the single shot that hits mid.
Yea rewatching I noticed that as well, thx !

xGunShow

Toronto, Canada @GunShowXO
hmmm so I have been sold this bill that erron blacks cancels are all negative.
Not all. b32, 21122, and 4 into gc are all plus. Other strings become safe such as f13 gc and b33 gc. The cancels are mainly used for baiting/mind games and making yourself safe rather than continuing pressure.

LEGEND

YES!
@Pig Of The Hut watched the first few games. Going to watch more later. Just thought I'd throw some stuff out there for now:

Would definitely suggest cooling down on the over use of DF1. I find ex db4 to be a much more rewarding/consistent armor option as well as anti air

Your run into push is good but I feel like you could be doing them a little cleaner/less dialed in. if that makes sense, tho I know online makes the timing and space control more difficult so idk

F2-push the God

Hit confirming b32 into either push on block or ex db4 on hit is P important imo

D4 was already mentioned

I like 111 as a counter poke in some situations to catch people pressing buttons. Usually covers the jump out as well for full combo. Cancel into push to be safe on block (vs most characters anyway) and ex db4 for damage. Gaps in the string aren't too relevant when used this way. Builds better meter on block than D1-push

Overall glad to see you using the real Kenshi variation and not forgoing the character just yet. Keep up the good work, looking forward to stealing stuff from your play

Pig Of The Hut

@Pig Of The Hut watched the first few games. Going to watch more later. Just thought I'd throw some stuff out there for now:

Would definitely suggest cooling down on the over use of DF1. I find ex db4 to be a much more rewarding/consistent armor option as well as anti air

Your run into push is good but I feel like you could be doing them a little cleaner/less dialed in. if that makes sense, tho I know online makes the timing and space control more difficult so idk

F2-push the God

Hit confirming b32 into either push on block or ex db4 on hit is P important imo

D4 was already mentioned

I like 111 as a counter poke in some situations to catch people pressing buttons. Usually covers the jump out as well for full combo. Cancel into push to be safe on block (vs most characters anyway) and ex db4 for damage. Gaps in the string aren't too relevant when used this way. Builds better meter on block than D1-push

Overall glad to see you using the real Kenshi variation and not forgoing the character just yet. Keep up the good work, looking forward to stealing stuff from your play
Yea I really need to use ex db4 for aa

Max range df1 I found can't be punished I was just poorly spacing it on runs. I've been using standjng 1 more and more on OKi to bait a Wakeup because it fast recovers and allows me to block and punish . I need to use 111 push, thats a good idea

Does marksman have any holes in strings? I know I can interrupt d1 CG and 211 CG and anytime he goes Into the rifle swing

Thx

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Yea I really need to use ex db4 for aa

Max range df1 I found can't be punished I was just poorly spacing it on runs. I've been using standjng 1 more and more on OKi to bait a Wakeup because it fast recovers and allows me to block and punish . I need to use 111 push, thats a good idea

Does marksman have any holes in strings? I know I can interrupt d1 CG and 211 CG and anytime he goes Into the rifle swing

Thx
you can interrupt any rifleswing, gun cancel into string, and command grab. you can armor any EX grenade unless canceled from the complete 21122. command grab and EX grenade can be full combo punished at any time with a crossover jip, except if the grenade is canceled after 21122. Careful though, as this can be baited, and a good player will cancel into AA grenade or rifleswing to catch the punish attempt.

Dope Dojo

The Bomb Diggity
Hmm, because I was sure every rifle cancel was safe but you could poke through it if he chose to press a button

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Great set. I think Marksman is the most underrated VARIATION in this game.

Hope you goto tournaments GS.
Marksman isn't even Erron's most underrated variation. Its talked about in the Erron Black forums about as much as Outlaw is. That would probably go to Gunslinger.