What's new

Gun Reform?

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
That is a terrible idea.

But can we talk about the fact that a guy who was convicted of murdering his own mom in 1995 obtained 13 firearms illegally and admitted he liked homocide? Sure if more people had guns they might be able to limit the harm he would do, but if there were no guns for him to get, he wouldn't be able to kill anyone, or he wouldn't have even killed his mom if there were stricter gun laws in 1995.
he obtained them illegally? outside the law is outside the law.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This argument is without end.

The only other country where the population is armed is Switzerland and thats because they DONT have a military. Plus they have way more thorough background checks.

The problem is one of health and class. We know when a terrorist cell operating on domestic soil is about to commit an attrocity but we dont know which mentally unstable people have access to guns.

Lets face facts... the companies in the US that manufactor ordnance and the NRA place money over gun related deaths. That's really all there is to it.

On average, 25 people die per day from guns in America. I'm not sure that many people from the UK have died due to guns in the last 10 years.
32 die in UK from guns, on average. That is nothing compared to America which is about 9,470.

Illmatix

It doesnt matter man. What if the shooter waited for the passing periods when all the kids are in the hallways. The horrible truth is that if someone is going to do that, the only thing stopping them is bad luck. (And gun control).

Personally I would say armed guards or more trained professionals instead of putting guns in the hands of teachers.
yea gun control..... till he throws homemade explosives.

It doesnt matter man. What if the shooter waited for the passing periods when all the kids are in the hallways. The horrible truth is that if someone is going to do that, the only thing stopping them is bad luck. (And gun control).

Personally I would say armed guards or more trained professionals instead of putting guns in the hands of teachers.
Do you know how expensive that would be? In the billions. We already have police officers in the schools.

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
It starts off with "The UK, which is no longer Great...." I really am not going to read on because that is clearly going to be biased and completely unbiased. Bare with me while I go find REAL FACTS.
Why is that so offensive? Jesus man

Illmatix

Yeah, how can you justify the existence of guns if they can be used in this way? If they didn't exist he could use them.
my point is bad people can still get guns easily, so why make it harder for the good people to defend themselves?

Its not about being perfect, its about reducing harm. Stabbing somebody to death is alot more personal than shooting them in the head, so people will probably be less likely to do it.
Maybe, no sure way to really tell, fact is, its sad that their are people out they're that are so troubled that they feel the need to go kill multiple people in theatres, schools, and hospitals.

Zoidberg747

how so? when they can't take away the sheer amount of firepower they have already? they can just smuggle shit in.
Keeping records and anti-smuggling laws.

These are all reasons for gun control ;)

But that doesnt mean it will stop all illegal gun owners, nothing can do that. But it will lower the number of them, which is the point.

Illmatix

Keeping records and anti-smuggling laws.

These are all reasons for gun control ;)

But that doesnt mean it will stop all illegal gun owners, nothing can do that. But it will lower the number of them, which is the point.
ok i have never said i don't agree with this, i just think it's imposible.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
People will find away to obtain assault weapons just like illegal drugs. I'm curious what the fine/punishment will be if found in your possession?

Zoidberg747

Banning guns in order to stop mass murders from happening, would be the same as banning alcohol so there won't be drunk fatal car acidents
That is a horrible horrible comparison. And btw, if you banned alochol it would prevent drunken driving, because many people would be too lazy to go obtain alcohol illegally. Not that I want another prohibition, but gun control and temperance are two totally different debates.