What's new

Gun Reform?

Flagg

Noob
exactly my point exactly, so why do we wanna take away assault weapons? theyre semi auto anyway.
Semi automatics wont stop Nuclear Powered war ships.

And I dont see too many kalisnikovs bringing down Reaper Drones in the Middle East.

Crackhead has a right to a snubnose in 'MURIKA! You dont get crackheads robbin people with guns over here.
If the crackhead must rob someone, the crackhead will rob someone, guns involved or not, it doesnt matter. Just that with a gun its easier to fuck up.
No country is perfect, and your right, crackheads over in the u.k. stab people to death, way less painful then getting your brains blown out.. -_-

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
In the old days, when people were forced to board British soldiers in their homes, nothing was there to stop the said soldier from taking your daughter out on the town and having his way with her...No while I think it is silly, the idea of fighting off tyranical goverment that has nukes and tanks with guns, I do think that having the possibility of a gun in the house keeps alot of people from making a try at taking advantage of you...

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
I lived in the hood, compton and for a brief period I lived in the "Projects" in compton. I personally can't see why anyone who's live in an environment like that could be an advocate for arming the public... Like seriously.

I don't understand the argument that we need guns in order to stop gun related crimes... If there were stricter laws on guns, there wouldn't be as many gun related crimes to begin with. You're trying to fix a problem with a problem

In the old days, when people were forced to board British soldiers in their homes, nothing was there to stop the said soldier from taking your daughter out on the town and having his way with her...No while I think it is silly, the idea of fighting off tyranical goverment that has nukes and tanks with guns, I do think that having the possibility of a gun in the house keeps alot of people from making a try at taking advantage of you...
What possible situation would the government have for taking over it's own country? Sure that's a possible scenario, but it will never happen.

Flagg

Noob
No country is perfect, and your right, crackheads over in the u.k. stab people to death, way less painful then getting your brains blown out.. -_-
Do you realise how close you have to get to someone to do that. And chances are the crackhead will ask you first for your money while brandishing, said knife.

You either give him/her what she wants, run, or fight.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
no it won't! he probably didnt get it legally that's why cops cant find them...
http://gunvictimsaction.org/fact-sheet/fact-sheet-illegal-gun-trafficking-arms-criminals-and-youth/

I don't know about you, but I see plenty of solutions to those 3 issues.

1. Restrictions on gun dealers including records of gun inventory and guns sold, and SEVERE penalties for "Missing guns".
2. Background checks and tighter restrictions on who can buy them. If you have background checks and tons of paperwork to buy guns, people are not going to go through all the trouble if they don't actually want the guns themselves.
3. Again, background checks. Also, I honestly would not mind seeing gun shows being made illegal. I find them extremely stupid and adding to the problem. But that might not be fair and cause political backlash, so requiring all gun shows to do background checks is a more fair option.

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player
I lived in the hood, compton and for a brief period I lived in the "Projects" in compton. I personally can't see why anyone who's live in an environment like that could be an advocate for arming the public... Like seriously.

I don't understand the argument that we need guns in order to stop gun related crimes... If there were stricter laws on guns, there wouldn't be as many gun related crimes to begin with. You're trying to fix a problem with a problem
Right. Because people will never be able to obtain guns if guns are illegal..

Imagine 1 guy with a gun vs everyone unarmed.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
M16 vs A naval battle ship.

Not a fair fight IMO.
exactly when the odds are stacked against you what do you take? plus believe me those would become useless because most of the people who are maintenance on those ships are black and latino most likely from the hood.. they wouldnt do that.
and yes i distrust the government quite a bit but i love my country and am a patriotic person. we the people should keep the government in check not the government itself.

exactly when the odds are stacked against you what do you take? plus believe me those would become useless because most of the people who are maintenance on those ships are black and latino most likely from the hood.. they wouldnt do that.
and yes i distrust the government quite a bit but i love my country and am a patriotic person. we the people should keep the government in check not the government itself.
Exactly, no way you could get our own people to attack us. Not in countries as developed as the US. Do you think your brother or the rest of his troop would even attack any US civilians? That situation is not likely.

Illmatix

http://gunvictimsaction.org/fact-sheet/fact-sheet-illegal-gun-trafficking-arms-criminals-and-youth/

I don't know about you, but I see plenty of solutions to those 3 issues.

1. Restrictions on gun dealers including records of gun inventory and guns sold, and SEVERE penalties for "Missing guns".
2. Background checks and tighter restrictions on who can buy them. If you have background checks and tons of paperwork to buy guns, people are not going to go through all the trouble if they don't actually want the guns themselves.
3. Again, background checks. Also, I honestly would not mind seeing gun shows being made illegal. I find them extremely stupid and adding to the problem. But that might not be fair and cause political backlash, so requiring all gun shows to do background checks is a more fair option.
i can dig this but we have been trying to do this for many years. what do you think about select teachers taking gun classes, this might deter psychopaths from fucking with our kids?

Flagg

Noob
This argument is without end.

The only other country where the population is armed is Switzerland and thats because they DONT have a military. Plus they have way more thorough background checks.

The problem is one of health and class. We know when a terrorist cell operating on domestic soil is about to commit an attrocity but we dont know which mentally unstable people have access to guns.

Lets face facts... the companies in the US that manufactor ordnance and the NRA place money over gun related deaths. That's really all there is to it.

On average, 25 people die per day from guns in America. I'm not sure that many people from the UK have died due to guns in the last 10 years.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The way I see things (aka the right one since everyone but me is dumb)

- the personal right to own guns as part of the 2nd amendment wasn't much of an idea until gun lobbyists became a force around the 70's and started pushing that talking point. before then it was pretty much assumed to just be about militas.

- certain types of weapons are definitely not needed. you don't need powerful rifles that will rip through 20 peoples' flesh in under a minute to go deer hunting.

-lbsh, if these mass shooters were using bats or knives they'd be unlikely to kill more than 1 or 2 people before they're stopped. and it's not like scrawny awkward white kids are going to be able to find a way to get these things illegally.

- as referenced in the OP, the laws for being able to purchase a firearm must unquestionably be reformed. if you have a violent history or don't have a sound mind you shouldn't be allowed to get them. some of our laws about this are ridiculous right now. just the other day i heard that gun store owners can legally sell firearms to people who are visibly drunk. i also have an uncle who's a gun collector, and he's currently seeing a psychiatrist for threatening to kill coworkers. these people are for some reason allowed to have guns right now.

- despite any arguments you can make on either side, a full gun ban will not work. we have a disgustingly huge number of guns already out there right now. wanna guess how many people will mysteriously report their guns missing when the government tells them they have to give them up?

- because of the kind of country we are, some people do need guns. maybe not in the suburbs, but in places with a lot of gang activity there are a lot of illegal weapons. responsible gun owners who live in these areas should not be made defenseless.

Illmatix

This argument is without end.

The only other country where the population is armed is Switzerland and thats because they DONT have a military. Plus they have way more thorough background checks.

The problem is one of health and class. We know when a terrorist cell operating on domestic soil is about to commit an attrocity but we dont know which mentally unstable people have access to guns.

Lets face facts... the companies in the US that manufactor ordnance and the NRA place money over gun related deaths. That's really all there is to it.

On average, 25 people die per day from guns in America. I'm not sure that many people from the UK have died due to guns in the last 10 years.
look at the statistics... more violent crime overall.

i can dig this but we have been trying to do this for many years. what do you think about select teachers taking gun classes, this might deter psychopaths from fucking with our kids?
That is a terrible idea.

But can we talk about the fact that a guy who was convicted of murdering his own mom in 1995 obtained 13 firearms illegally and admitted he liked homocide? Sure if more people had guns they might be able to limit the harm he would do, but if there were no guns for him to get, he wouldn't be able to kill anyone, or he wouldn't have even killed his mom if there were stricter gun laws in 1995.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It doesnt matter man. What if the shooter waited for the passing periods when all the kids are in the hallways. The horrible truth is that if someone is going to do that, the only thing stopping them is bad luck. (And gun control).

Personally I would say armed guards or more trained professionals instead of putting guns in the hands of teachers.