What's new

Grundy's 1.06 Patch Changes

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
BlackBryan

Not sue about point 3 mate. Seems to me, if you're playing anyone decent, you'll have health/chip trait on. So i don't see a 80% corner combo no matter how you cut it. Not with 2 bars. However, i'd love to be proven wrong. MY BnB would be j2 112 MB SH cross up j2 b1 MB WC d2 11 4. Which isn't 80%.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
BlackBryan

Not sue about point 3 mate. Seems to me, if you're playing anyone decent, you'll have health/chip trait on. So i don't see a 80% corner combo no matter how you cut it. Not with 2 bars. However, i'd love to be proven wrong. MY BnB would be j2 112 MB SH cross up j2 b1 MB WC d2 11 4. Which isn't 80%.
Thats why you get shit damage.

Just do standing 2 or 11, Its normally in the high 70s

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
in the corner : ji2 112 MB swamp hands , MB grave rot, ji2 b1 MB WC , 1b2 health trait
This is destruction death combo supreme.
But you're wasting a meter for the GR to not really do anything.

I think by the time you get the trait out, the GR is almost over.

How many ticks does it "hit" when you do that?

if it doesn't amount to 5... then it isn't worth it.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
This is destruction death combo supreme.
But you're wasting a meter for the GR to not really do anything.

I think by the time you get the trait out, the GR is almost over.

How many ticks does it "hit" when you do that?

if it doesn't amount to 5... then it isn't worth it.
pretty sure its 6 or 7 the first tick happens before the ji2

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
BlackBryan

I have no idea why all of you Grundy's try and take the "easy" way out with D2. If you would have used any other tool, you would have jacked your damage up by like 15-20%. And 9 times out of 10 ANY other tool would have worked.

Gruff757

The Gruff
I have no idea why all of you Grundy's try and take the "easy" way out with D2. If you would have used any other tool, you would have jacked your damage up by like 15-20%. And 9 times out of 10 ANY other tool would have worked.
Well the only time I use D2 is for tick throws(i'm bad at hit confirming when they actually hit though), after mb cleaver, and AA, but i do admit my combos are fairly small(terrible execution), yet effective for the most part.

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
d2 is an ok AA because of the reward you get for landing one but it's actual "hit them out of the air" capabilities are kinda meh

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Well the only time I use D2 is for tick throws(i'm bad at hit confirming when they actually hit though), after mb cleaver, and AA, but i do admit my combos are fairly small(terrible execution), yet effective for the most part.

This is why only you and Mike ever take games off of me lol. Grundy vs Shazam is pretty terrible, but you two understand him the best out of anyone I've come across so far.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
Fun fact: If it's the end of a match and you've got three bars to blow at mid-range screen with power chain up, MB Swamp Hands, MB b3, MB f3 does 40% unclashable.

fr stack

Fun fact: If it's the end of a match and you've got three bars to blow at mid-range screen with power chain up, MB Swamp Hands, MB b3, MB f3 does 40% unclashable.
*cleans keyboard *

btw guys i played last night with the patch for an hour or so , im really likin his rot buffs , power chain as soon as u can also grave rot any chance u get it equals at least 15% by the end of the match :)

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
the thing about d2 in that combo is that it hits 100% of the time, i find the timing of the 11 after the MB WC can be tricky in online matches and sometimes it whiffs, if they are lagging, it's always best to do d2 imo

fr stack

the thing about d2 in that combo is that it hits 100% of the time, i find the timing of the 11 after the MB WC can be tricky in online matches and sometimes it whiffs, if they are lagging, it's always best to do d2 imo
honestly theres much harder links than dat one just do me a favour do a cornered MB walking corpse d2 trait , then do cornered MB walking corpse 1b2 trait -the difference is crazy .. for longer combos like 112 MB swamp hands ji2 MB WC do a standing 2 trait cause gravity is less :)

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
Agreed with fr stack. I can somewhat consistently hit that combo (without the mb grave rot, at least) and, with damage chain up, it does 74%. The whole pain chain is basically unscaled if you don't d2 into it. If 1b2 is giving you fits, 11 can be more reliable and doesn't cost you much in damage.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
Just went to the lab and got the damages on the ji2, 112xxMB hands, MB rot, ji2, b1xxMB Corpse, 1b2, 4 (health chain) combo.

Without damage chain: 79%
With damage chain: 92%

Of note is the fact that if you delay the second ji2 even slightly it will not combo from the hands/rot, but will be a potential cross up reset for the remainder of the combo. In that case the damage is:

Without damage chain: 99% (23% + 76%)
With damage chain: 112% (27% + 85%)

The more you know.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Just went to the lab and got the damages on the ji2, 112xxMB hands, MB rot, ji2, b1xxMB Corpse, 1b2, 4 (health chain) combo.

Without damage chain: 79%
With damage chain: 92%

Of note is the fact that if you delay the second ji2 even slightly it will not combo from the hands/rot, but will be a potential cross up reset for the remainder of the combo. In that case the damage is:

Without damage chain: 99% (23% + 76%)
With damage chain: 112% (27% + 85%)

The more you know.
yo mang what does this have to do the patch. Post in the discussion thread