What's new

Grundy's 1.06 Patch Changes

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
Solomon Grundy
· The Pain Chain (Character Power) can no longer be parried.
· Increased the damage on both the regular and Meter Burn versions of Grundy’s Grave Rot Special Attack.
-Grave Rot: 1% (normal) 1.2% (Power Chain)
-MB Grave Rot: 2.5% (normal) 3% (Power Chain)

Notable hidden buffs:

Throw Immunity – Completely removed throw immunity from all projectile attacks. You can now throw opponents while they are throwing projectiles, regardless of character.

Ok so who is happy? I bloody am. Fuck yeah!!!!

So now we can't have our pain chain wagered. - This is just excellent and it's not like they made them all like that. Seems fair does..

Damage buff to grave rot is fine. I don't use it much but it can only be a good thing. I'm thinking change the tredt slightly so. MB SH instead of j2 just do grave rot and then b1?

Eek I'm well chuffed. Particularly with the BA and superman nerfs.

Who's with me :D

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Solomon Grundy
· The Pain Chain (Character Power) can no longer be parried.
· Increased the damage on both the regular and Meter Burn versions of Grundy’s Grave Rot Special Attack.
-Grave Rot: 1% (normal) 1.2% (Power Chain)
-MB Grave Rot: 2.5% (normal) 3% (Power Chain)

Notable hidden buffs:

Throw Immunity – Completely removed throw immunity from all projectile attacks. You can now throw opponents while they are throwing projectiles, regardless of character.

Nerfs to Aquaman, BLACK ADAM, Superman, Flash, Batman, Zatanna's infinite gone

Notable Nerfs to Grundy: Cyborg vs Grundy probably becomes the first 10-0 in the game because of faster regen and easier combos, and Hawkgirl will continue to rape the shit out of Grundy. Also Nightwing's buff should be terrible for Grundy now.

Notable Nerfs to Grundy: Cyborg vs Grundy probably becomes the first 10-0 in the game because of faster regen and easier combos, and Hawkgirl will continue to rape the shit out of Grundy. Also Nightwing's buff should be terrible for Grundy now.
this matchup shoudl be truly unimaginable now. after you finally get in and body cyborg, he'll grapple away and regain all that life lololol

Jeffreys

Yeah man, but thankfully like 5 people play Cyborg, (hopefully more don't pick him up :() I will probably not even bother in that matchup lol.

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
All in all I really liked this patch for Grundy. Can't wait to see what damage he gets off of MBF3 and B3. The unthrowable frames thing is really sick. I'm glad they made his grab unable to be parried.
I see they made Grave Rot do more damage. This seems like a useless buff, but I feel maybe they're trying to encourage us to use it. Hell it's pretty easy to activate during a match so I think thats something I'm going to try and put into my game. But I still feel that it's not worth to spend a bar foe the EX Rot, unless they do something else with it.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
this matchup shoudl be truly unimaginable now. after you finally get in and body cyborg, he'll grapple away and regain all that life lololol
its like

idk. How do they not see it?

I can't believe they left the reset.
I can't believe that GraveRot will do MORE damage.

With power chain..... he may be able to dole out somewhere near 80% for a bar. Probably more for 2.
expect many a match to end with Power Chain with MB Grave Rot on.

I still would of given all these things back for the cleaver to catch people crossing him up and for WCC input to simply be dd.

But we shall see. Everyone has to respect his tick throws now. Suck it all Frost players. Your character now gets bopped.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
All in all I really liked this patch for Grundy. Can't wait to see what damage he gets off of MBF3 and B3. The unthrowable frames thing is really sick. I'm glad they made his grab unable to be parried.
I see they made Grave Rot do more damage. This seems like a useless buff, but I feel maybe they're trying to encourage us to use it. Hell it's pretty easy to activate during a match so I think thats something I'm going to try and put into my game. But I still feel that it's not worth to spend a bar foe the EX Rot, unless they do something else with it.
depends on the damage to ex rot

combine that with power chain.

end matches in power chain with MB Rot..... i mean.... christ.

If MB Rot + power chain does 4% ever tick.

thats like..... yikes.

Jeffreys

its like

idk. How do they not see it?

I can't believe they left the reset.
I can't believe that GraveRot will do MORE damage.

With power chain..... he may be able to dole out somewhere near 80% for a bar. Probably more for 2.
expect many a match to end with Power Chain with MB Grave Rot on.

I still would of given all these things back for the cleaver to catch people crossing him up and for WCC input to simply be dd.

But we shall see. Everyone has to respect his tick throws now. Suck it all Frost players. Your character now gets bopped.

Nah he will need 2 bars for anything 80% wise. You can only get that damage of a reset which already requires a bar, and regular grave rot is too slow to combo I believe.

RadicalFuzz

Aspiring Fighter
Nah he will need 2 bars for anything 80% wise. You can only get that damage of a reset which already requires a bar, and regular grave rot is too slow to combo I believe.

To combo into Grave Rot you need to sacrifice the j2 after MB Hands. You can still link the b2 after Grave Rot, assuming you're close enough. It used to be my BnB until I realized it did less damage and was harder than doing j2.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
midscreen off of a background interactable is roughly 70% (including the reset)
if you land a b1~MB GraveRot and link into 112 background ...... pretty sure you'll net around 80%

Jeffreys

midscreen off of a background interactable is roughly 70% (including the reset)
if you land a b1~MB GraveRot and link into 112 background ...... pretty sure you'll net around 80%
MB Graverot and Swamphands both require meter, I wasn't saying Grundy can't do 80% combos, I was saying he can't do it in one bar.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
i didn't say you had to do a reset off the background intereactable. You'd simply just do a b3 j3 11 pain chain into power chain for the extra damage.

this is all speculation of course.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
cant wait to try grundy post patch my game just got a mad buff i love to abuse his grave rots for sneaky chip

Klesk_1

RIP Grundy
I'm uk dude.

I don't get this parry thing. You can't parry this throw with like batman party anyway

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Sigh, I guess all this made grundy a useable character again. I guess the grave rot MBf3 set up could net crazy damage now. I guess the KF MU is much better now because she cant slide at all. I guess I wont completely drop him. Siiiiiigh

Jeffreys

it means characters like KF can't parry the initial grab, you can still clash during the grab or at the beginning of the grab.