What's new

Tech - High Tech Ground Smash usability ( new mix-up gameplay )

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Thanks for the tag @stosn cool stuff.

Too bad the discussion in this thread is more about buffs and crap than how to go about implementing her OTG.

Does then j2 jail into the ex ground pound at any height, or do you have to be pretty deep?
DEEP... and that's for both punches, not just ji2.

HazeXIII

Smoke Is Back Yes Yes Yes
She's super good on paper all she need in high tech is a fast projectile than give her the kano treatment with her damage oh and for the love of god why does she not have a poke lmaooo so you give Kitana a poke buff but not jaqui psshh nether realm Racist lmaoo jk

skater11

The saltiest
Anyone mind telling me the combos into setups? I don't feel like digging through the combo threads. Also, nice find. Makes me want to play HT Jacqui again

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Those are combos into EX gauntlet buff. If I remove the buff enders , is that equivalent to having enough advantage on every combo to ia dd4? (Assuming I have EX gauntlet buff already) So basically the 212 ender allows ia dd4?
Those should work for ia dd4 as well but I think there are even higher damage setups. Check the combo thread.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Those should work for ia dd4 as well but I think there are even higher damage setups. Check the combo thread.
There are, these were my pre f2u2 buff combos. I'm sure you can get more damage now.

After the second bf2 you should be able to go f2u22+4, 212 instead.
Those are combos into EX gauntlet buff. If I remove the buff enders , is that equivalent to having enough advantage on every combo to ia dd4? (Assuming I have EX gauntlet buff already) So basically the 212 ender allows ia dd4?
Yes you have enough advantage. Just replace the ended with dd4 (doesn't even need to be instant you have so much time.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
pros and cons of finishing combinations with OTG:
I still prefer the regular combos because I land them more consistently hahaha.

I suppose the OTGs would be better though because you can spend more time with gauntlets charged.

I'm not sure the extra frame advantage does much though. bf4 still gives you enough time to go for 114 armour break (against chars with slow enough reversals). Not sure what the extra frame advantage gives you (although more is always better I guess :p)

I still prefer the regular combos because I land them more consistently hahaha.

I suppose the OTGs would be better though because you can spend more time with gauntlets charged.

I'm not sure the extra frame advantage does much though. bf4 still gives you enough time to go for 114 armour break (against chars with slow enough reversals). Not sure what the extra frame advantage gives you (although more is always better I guess :p)
114 armour breaks, whose ????? I know that in shotgun I use 4,df2 to armour break some slow ass armour moves.

stosn

Noob
114 armour breaks, whose ????? I know that in shotgun I use 4,df2 to armour break some slow ass armour moves.
1 is 6fr start and second hit of 11 comes at 7fr after, so you can try to armor break 14+fr reversals. But its hard, because first 1 often whiff, because your opp in knockdown

Ok say you land a single hit without cancelling. Next you should be able to follow up with 4up 4 or 2334 to get a free charge or instant air on hit. Forward 3 is really plus on hit as well should give the same options.

I haven't seen any post on Jackie cancels. I recently figured out you complete 3 strings if your pressure is block, But only 2 strings if you land something. I thought I'd add that since I've never seen anyone do 3 block strings. Her pressure is real.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I haven't seen any post on Jackie cancels. I recently figured out you complete 3 strings if your pressure is block, But only 2 strings if you land something. I thought I'd add that since I've never seen anyone do 3 block strings. Her pressure is real.
That's because landing 121~qbrc, 121~qbrc 1212~df2 is frame perfect and ain't nobody got time for that.