What's new

Tech - High Tech Ground Smash usability ( new mix-up gameplay )

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Haha great exploration. I didn't know ji2 jailed to dd4. That's awesome!

In terms of your corner setup, there are a couple of combos I posted a while back that end in 212 that guarantee the OTG, but timing was tight and you didn't get more damage than her regular non-OTG BnBs. In terms of the ones you can tech roll, they're great for a once off gimmick, but your opponent will wise up pretty quick hahaha.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Haha great exploration. I didn't know ji2 jailed to dd4. That's awesome!

In terms of your corner setup, there are a couple of combos I posted a while back that end in 212 that guarantee the OTG, but timing was tight and you didn't get more damage than her regular non-OTG BnBs. In terms of the ones you can tech roll, they're great for a once off gimmick, but your opponent will wise up pretty quick hahaha.
If they start tech rolling just make them guess you can stuff a tech roll especially in the corner

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
If they start tech rolling just make them guess you can stuff a tech roll especially in the corner
You really can't stuff a tech roll. She doesn't have fast/good enough armour to do so and she lacks a good armour breaking move in high tech (114 is semi-useable but gets beaten by many characters)

In this situation tech roll essentially offers you a massive advantage (escaping the setup) with no drawback because you get off the ground much quicker.

Or maybe you know a way to blow up tech rolls? I'd be interested to hear if you do.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
This is why NRS have to be careful with buffing High Tech if they choose to do so. Give her a flame fist style gauntlet charge speed increase and she could be broke as hell.

High Tech has some absolutely insane potential, if you ever bring her into training without knowing what she can do, you'd think she could be the most untapped character in the whole game. But then you realize how difficult it is to get a level 2 gauntlet charge AND start implementing this stuff in time for the charge to not run out in a real match.

She's a training mode god, but not so much in reality. Maybe I'm just doing stuff wrong and need to wait for someone to shine with her. Who knows.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
This is why NRS have to be careful with buffing High Tech if they choose to do so. Give her a flame fist style gauntlet charge speed increase and she could be broke as hell.

High Tech has some absolutely insane potential, if you ever bring her into training without knowing what she can do, you'd think she could be the most untapped character in the whole game. But then you realize how difficult it is to get a level 2 gauntlet charge AND start implementing this stuff in time for the charge to not run out in a real match.

She's a training mode god, but not so much in reality. Maybe I'm just doing stuff wrong and need to wait for someone to shine with her. Who knows.
I love her and use her as much as I can, but I have to agree. She's got so many things which make her seem like she could be broken, but getting everything to work properly just doesn't happen. I feel that because of her stubby limbs, there are several match ups where if the opponent just plays solidly, it's incredibly difficult to win. I don't find this with shotgun and full auto where at least I have some sort of spacing/footsie tool to use.

I don't want them to buff db2 startup or duration if I'm honest. They are a really good tool and should therefore be difficult to get out. I don't mind if I have to work to get them setup. I don't think she really needs a buff to that.

What I do however think she needs is; a buff to f2 (make it 12 frame startup so she actually has a useable move with OK range), an input chance to 4u4 (say to just u4 so you can actually get the stupid thing to come out) and a faster reflect/absorb (7/8 frames like kotal to stop her from being completely locked down full screen). Decent armour would be nice too (please make ex bf2 16 frames startup and -12 with ex up rocket pushback) but not completely necessary.

I'd even be okay with toning down the +frames on level 1 df2 if she got everything listed above.

PND_Ketchup

I love her and use her as much as I can, but I have to agree. She's got so many things which make her seem like she could be broken, but getting everything to work properly just doesn't happen.

I don't want them to buff db2 startup or duration if I'm honest. They are a really good tool and should therefore be difficult to get out. I don't mind if I have to work to get them setup.

What I do however want is a buff to f2 (make it 12 frame startup so she actually has a useable move with OK range) an input chance to 4u4 (say to just u4 so you can actually get the stupid thing to come out) and a faster reflect/absorb (7/8 frames like kotal to stop her from being completely locked down full screen). Decent armour would be nice too (please make ex bf2 16 frames startup and -12 with ex up rocket pushback).

I'd even be okay with toning down the +frames on level 1 df2 if she got everything listed above.
That seems to be the story of Jacqui's life.

has potentially amazing tools, but her range is so pathetic, she just can't get anything going ever. I feel this hurts HT and Shotgun equally as bad due to their lack of any ranged based tools to at least compete with people trying to keep her out.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
That seems to be the story of Jacqui's life.

has potentially amazing tools, but her range is so pathetic, she just can't get anything going ever. I feel this hurts HT and Shotgun equally as bad due to their lack of any ranged based tools to at least compete with people trying to keep her out.
Shotgun at least has ex db2 which allows her to play neutral somewhat. High tech has nothing ._.

I've been using Jacqui as my main since week 2 and it's just frustrating when I pick up Kobu Tanya for a day and all of a sudden every match up just seems piss easy in comparison.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Tbh even though no ones really doing it, I think some of high tech's really dirty stuff wasn't intentional and shouldn't be in this game. 30% chip true blockstrings, meterless guaranteed OTGs, jailing into an unblockable, it all seems a bit much even coming from NRS. Mark my words, sooner or later someone will find a way to harness this broken stuff and they will be unstoppable.

Cosmos

Noob
It honestly feels like any character with a strong footsie tool or a strong low poke is a nightmare for high tech.

Her lack of full screen presence is what warrants her strong pressure and all these amazing potential tools.

However her limbs and overall frames on her mids just destroy her strong tools and leave her very lack-luster in actual application.

I think her most urgent buffs are either faster startup on f2 or f1 and a much faster startup on db1.

I also wouldn't mind a faster d4 as it's a strong footsie tool but severely limited due to the fact it's 13f...

I feel she really needs it to contend with some characters in neutral and it also gives her an opportunity to start her game with d4 on hit into qbrc pressure.

Tbh even though no ones really doing it, I think some of high tech's really dirty stuff wasn't intentional and shouldn't be in this game. 30% chip true blockstrings, meterless guaranteed OTGs, jailing into an unblockable, it all seems a bit much even coming from NRS. Mark my words, sooner or later someone will find a way to harness this broken stuff and they will be unstoppable.
the tym fearmongered ......

PND_Ketchup

This is the issue though, is anybody actually going to get the chance to do this and be unstoppable?

I'm not sold that High Tech will ever be that good in tournament for the pure fact that she can't get close enough or be in any good enough situation to do anything. I'm not downplaying in any way. I'm 100% prepared to be wrong.

I'm strongly getting the impression High Tech has the advanced/next level tools for a character to be great in MKX, but lacks the fundamental tools that allow her to apply them.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
This is the issue though, is anybody actually going to get the chance to do this and be unstoppable?

I'm not sold that High Tech will ever be that good in tournament for the pure fact that she can't get close enough or be in any good enough situation to do anything. I'm not downplaying in any way. I'm 100% prepared to be wrong.

I'm strongly getting the impression High Tech has the advanced/next level tools for a character to be great in MKX, but lacks the fundamental tools that allow her to apply them.
I couldn't have put it better myself. I wouldn't mind if they toned down some of the stuff that makes people think she's OP if they just buffed the fundamental tools she desperately needs.

Something I always thought woould be cool for jacqui is if she could mb bf1 into bf4 animation with no gap and make it safe or even plus like liu kang df mb kick she might not need and people may think im ridiculous but so what
P.S I love liu and he is my main so this isnt one of those "this stupid char has it so why cant mine" request

E

Eldriken

More people need to follow in your footsteps: Point out in the video that it can be avoided by tech rolling. I noticed no one that commented in here had to ask that question.

Other than that, I have to agree that if Jacqui got a few fundamental tool adjustments that she just might be awfully broken in High Tech.

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
More people need to follow in your footsteps: Point out in the video that it can be avoided by tech rolling. I noticed no one that commented in here had to ask that question.

Other than that, I have to agree that if Jacqui got a few fundamental tool adjustments that she just might be awfully broken in High Tech.
Just sacrifice damage for ending combos in 212. Me and @ImAura have been messing with this all week. You can throw on EX Lvl 2 gauntlets and kill someone with 40-50% otg combos before it runs out. Literally pick a starter and you get masssssssive damage.

ALSO, having trouble doing the OTG? Flick up on the analog stick and press down with the dpad. This character in the corner is insaaaaane.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I hope someone learns how to wreck with her. It's like c viper was early on the sf4. Very difficult but with powerful tools that eventually became some of the best.

I'm real curious

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Just sacrifice damage for ending combos in 212. Me and @ImAura have been messing with this all week. You can throw on EX Lvl 2 gauntlets and kill someone with 40-50% otg combos before it runs out. Literally pick a starter and you get masssssssive damage.

ALSO, having trouble doing the OTG? Flick up on the analog stick and press down with the dpad. This character in the corner is insaaaaane.
You get more damage without the 212 OTG.

56% off overhead
56% of s1
60% off low
62% of s3

Gonna have to disagree here, she'd only be broken if they buffed her tools excessively, or buffed her with something stupid (eg. flame fist-esque cancels). People are acting like she's just 'one buff' away from OP. This is not the case unless the devs do something outrageous, lbsh. It's like claiming Jason is one buff away from being OP, sure if the buff is something stupid, but otherwise no.

If they buffed her f2, her db1, and fixed her 4u4, she'd be much better but not OP. I'd be happy to even take a nerf to her lv. 1 df2 plus frames if it means she can actually do something in half her matchups. Once they fix her fundamental tools, it's unlikely she'll be broken, just kinda very good (think D'Vorah level).