What's new

General/Other Green Lantern Patch Notes 9/24/13

JDM

Noob
Turns out the J.3 crossup after Lantern's Might is still pretty much impossible to tell. You don't have to move forward in the slightest. Currently doing it on BA with no problems can post a vid if people want. Wake ups tho :(

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Turns out the J.3 crossup after Lantern's Might is still pretty much impossible to tell. You don't have to move forward in the slightest. Currently doing it on BA with no problems can post a vid if people want. Wake ups tho :(
Most wake ups will whiff the wrong way. BA is an exception but even pre patch Rico could wake up on me with the jump set up

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
here bro sorry my quality kinda suck recorded it from my phone real quick
I've been doing that for about two weeks now. But its really good to see a vid for it, and not a lot of lanterns I see do it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wait...so GL got buffed with the way they tried to alter the OTG?

#GetFucked

Endeavor

Again guys, we need to keep this rather quiet and stop rubbing it in NRS face, cause if the rest of the community cries hard enough about it he will lose it. Lets just keep this on the Down low for a good while, if anyone asks you if you just OTG'd tell them it was their imagination.

JRosa21

Noob
I've been doing that for about two weeks now. But its really good to see a vid for it, and not a lot of lanterns I see do it.
not to put you down or anything cause that's not what my style is, but I've been doing this mixup since 1.00. idk if you watch the break but this has literally my staple setup. lol

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Wait...so GL got buffed with the way they tried to alter the OTG?

#GetFucked
eh not really buffed, dash under is just different now.

regardless, dash under stuff is clown shoes compared to the ambiguous jump in after EX lift and that remains almost exactly the same.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
i picked up yellow lantern for 1 or 2 matchups that are 3-7 for sinestro. KT Smith what about the ambiguous jump 1 after mb LM?
you can get ambiguous j1 or j3 after EX Lift. Idk if you're familiar with Akuma's safe jump timing after a raw sweep but it's basically identical to that. Push and pull the timing a little to control the side; you'll be able to tell once you try it. I prefer j1 because it's totally brainless to hit confirm (j1, 22 EX rocket > combo or 223 chain gun or missiles). J3 does more damage but is harder to confirm and has fewer pressure follow up options when blocked

Post patch it's easier to wake up against the ambiguous jump in but the cross up version will make most wake ups whiff the wrong way so it still must be respected opening up all the rest of the mix ups that come with a classic SF4 safe jump

JDM

Noob
Is it still incredibly hard for anyone to cross up without moving?? I CANNOT get it reliably to save my life. I like ambiguous stuff so I don't want to walk slightly forward for the cross up cause I'm a marvel player and I don't like obvious tells... :<

Endeavor

So does lanterns j1 actually combo? As in if they get hit the the next string is guaranteed?