What's new

Green Lantern General Discussion Thread

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I forgot b23 was +3, need to incorporate that more
Also, ji3, b23xLift, 223xxdb1mb, b3, 223xx lift is his most damaging reset at 477 on Superman
This is with trait already on then? reset from 223 or just trait lift?
B23 is actually good to use it in background bounce combos or combos from B3 if you want to spent a bar.
So does it scale less than 123? I've been using that in all these situations. Thanks for the replies, i've got more lab work to do!
B23 also can stuff some forward advancing wakeups like Brainiac's or Hellboy's
I'm definitely gonna practice this!

Zurr Tusko

Twitter: ZurrTusko
I forgot b23 was +3, need to incorporate that more
This is with trait already on then? reset from 223 or just trait lift?So does it scale less than 123? I've been using that in all these situations. Thanks for the replies, i've got more lab work to do!
I'm definitely gonna practice this!
With trait off of b13xx4xxlift

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
Yea I don't mind the simplicity of 2231 over and over again lol
Haha yea totally

It does make the damage a chunk better and if they block of you're at +3 so it should be worth practicing but the timing on the jump to get b23 is so tight that I don't know if I'll ever get it consistently and I don't like dropping that much damage in a reset when there was guaranteed damage. Especially when his damage off b134 is decent now.

Haha yea totally

It does make the damage a chunk better and if they block of you're at +3 so it should be worth practicing but the timing on the jump to get b23 is so tight that I don't know if I'll ever get it consistently and I don't like dropping that much damage in a reset when there was guaranteed damage. Especially when his damage off b134 is decent now.
An air to air and two wrong guesses kill them anyway lol

gitblame

Noob

I think we have knew about it for a long time but somehow we never really have put it into a spotlight. Probably it's the thing that currently bothers me the most. Personally it bothers me more than gaps.
2231 is not +1 if your oponnent blocks last hit standing. Pushblock will make it neutral. Flash with his 8f save reversal cannot be happier.

Bes110

Noob
Hey all. I'm back after about a 4 month break and I was wondering if there have been any changes to GL since I left? Any new strategies or techniques? Buffs?

On a side note. I watched combo breaker and saw Gross sort of relegated GL to specific matchups. I've only ever played GL since the game came out but do you guys think it might be in my best interest to just start fresh with a new character now that im back or is GL viable? Thank you so much in advance!

gitblame

Noob
I don't remember exactly when this patch dropped, but now GL has way better damage (DB1 MB and DB2 scales better in combos), regular DB2 is -3 from -8 and MB DB2 is plus 6.

Oh, and super now hits overhead !!! So it's a little less trash than before :)
Not gonna lie, it helps with legendary multiverse grind, where you have to land 200 of them as finishing move

But for real. Of course the changes helped him. As a casual player I find him really viable on my level. He has good walk speed, very solid damage, auto footsies with B1, new plus frames works really well in the corner. But he's still the same, plays the same and has the same weaknesses. And when you meet someone who can exploit his gaps, it usually ending very bad.

It's just there are still better characters who can do the same better. If you think of competing, GL probably won't get you far in tournaments by himself.

And yeah. Gross really showed how we should play against Fate. I was always thinking this matchup is the worst "3-7 shit GG jump to character select screen". I like being proven wrong in such fashion.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Hey all. I'm back after about a 4 month break and I was wondering if there have been any changes to GL since I left? Any new strategies or techniques? Buffs?

On a side note. I watched combo breaker and saw Gross sort of relegated GL to specific matchups. I've only ever played GL since the game came out but do you guys think it might be in my best interest to just start fresh with a new character now that im back or is GL viable? Thank you so much in advance!
He's viable as a main, secondaries highly recommended, though. Though, that's the case with pretty much the entire cast now outside of the very top. Even then, a secondary is a good idea.

The lantern buffs are huge. -3 on block for normal, +6 for MB, added pushback on block and better scaling. Lift scaling is improved. He still has the same holes, but those buffs do change a lot for him.

Parasurama

Dragon
He's viable as a main, secondaries highly recommended, though. Though, that's the case with pretty much the entire cast now outside of the very top. Even then, a secondary is a good idea.

The lantern buffs are huge. -3 on block for normal, +6 for MB, added pushback on block and better scaling. Lift scaling is improved. He still has the same holes, but those buffs do change a lot for him.
What do you guys think his holes are? The gap after b1? Any others he seems to be quite well rounded.