What's new

Strategy Green Arrow Misconceptions

ando1184

Noob
haha, I can't just yet. I'm keeping it on the dl till i get a few kinks worked out
I find it hard to believe he has a mid screen 45% with no meter unless there's interactables. I can get 50% on the hall of justice stage no meter but that's with interactables and a BG bounce. GA barely gets over 30% on an average scale and that's with a freeze arrow. If you're workin out the kinks then at least pm me maybe I could help, I'd like to know this myself because at the moment it's too unbelievable.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Gadget character don't necessarily get the short end of the stick on interactables. Maybe some of them do, but many other gadget characters can create guaranteed big damage combo setups, getaways, mindgames, and OTGs with them.

The issue is, early in the game's life, not all character communities have done the searching necessary to make gadget character interactables work.

Power character can use them almost just as well, or sometimes better, by being semi-braindead with them.
Find some stage tech, though.

D1 xx R1 + down (bomb) as a combo ender, into freeze arrow, into super reset could be a 100%.
Meterless damage pickup as well.

KIllaByte

In reply to myself: A fourth option is added to the D1 mixup.
This one is unblockable, and is not a throw.
There is overhead arrow, low arrow, throw, interactable, off of D1.
Not a tech thread, but whatever.

HarmTheHomeless

How2GetAnSTD
Gadget character don't necessarily get the short end of the stick on interactables. Maybe some of them do, but many other gadget characters can create guaranteed big damage combo setups, getaways, mindgames, and OTGs with them.

The issue is, early in the game's life, not all character communities have done the searching necessary to make gadget character interactables work.

Power character can use them almost just as well, or sometimes better, by being semi-braindead with them.
Find some stage tech, though.

D1 xx R1 + down (bomb) as a combo ender, into freeze arrow, into super reset could be a 100%.
Meterless damage pickup as well.
sadly no. the highest is in the low 90s.

KIllaByte

sadly no. the highest is in the low 90s.
There's a thread around here where a player created a super situational 100% with Green Arrow, using 3 interactables on the right side of Hall of Justice.
That's too situational though.
One is practical.

KIllaByte

The awkward combos are what tore me away from Green Arrow being my true(est) main. Why did it have to be that way?
It's painful.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
In corner ji2 3xxdf22 111 45% and stands them up.
You cannot land df2 2 then 111. You can do df2 then 111. According to your combo, that'd take 28%, and it does not "stand them up". There's the standard corner combo which is b2 xx dj2 -> 111 xx sky alert -> 111 xx load arrow for 40% off a j2 (39% without it). You can change the load arrow for a hurricane spin for 45% or mb stinger for 47%. This is the corner standard. The character is not suddenly the best in the game because he has 45% corner combos.

ando1184

Noob
You cannot land df2 2 then 111. You can do df2 then 111. According to your combo, that'd take 28%, and it does not "stand them up". There's the standard corner combo which is b2 xx dj2 -> 111 xx sky alert -> 111 xx load arrow for 40% off a j2 (39% without it). You can change the load arrow for a hurricane spin for 45% or mb stinger for 47%. This is the corner standard. The character is not suddenly the best in the game because he has 45% corner combos.
To further comment on that, the more players learn about this game the more we are starting to see that this is actually typical corner DMG. Superman does insane corner DMG and BG does more than this as well. Then you have characters like Hawkgirl, Wonder Woman and Batman dishing out around the same numbers as Arrow. The only true upside to Arrow's DMG is that it's meterless for 40%.

@ HarmTheHomeless: If you can land the combo you posted earlier in the corner then please submit a vid showing it's viable. If he has a 45% meterless corner combo and we can do it consistently, then that might be his new bnb in corner.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Also important to point out that this combo does not work on the whole cast, I know most of us already know this, but some still don't, and it makes a difference in those match ups.