What's new

Match-up Discussion Green Arrow In Depth Match Up Discussion (1.06)

Shadow316

You inspire no fear.
@LEGEND - In the OP you suggest doing B2 or F2, D1 on DD's wakeup, doesn't seem to work for me. But I found that Sweep beats every wakeup he has with the right timing, apart from his Super but you can just block that.

EDIT: If that was you that suggested it. :)

LEGEND

YES!
@LEGEND - In the OP you suggest doing B2 or F2, D1 on DD's wakeup, doesn't seem to work for me. But I found that Sweep beats every wakeup he has with the right timing, apart from his Super but you can just block that.

EDIT: If that was you that suggested it. :)
if you time it right you should be able to beat all of DD's wake-ups other than Up Venom (which is punishable). It does take practice to get down, just keep trying

Sweep is probably easier because its so active, but F2D13 is a better option if you can get it to work

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Having to block a few earthshakers in the corner isn't a big deal, and its really the only point where Arrow is at Doomsday's mercy. Midscreen you have control of the match, and even when DD traits up he has to respect you since you can react to any dash in with 33-savage blast (wasting some of his trait and getting him off you).

i have a small write up of some stuff in the OP if anyone wants to check it out
I remember that 33~Savage Blast stuff you said and it's great. But doesn't his dash and his Charge look the same? Or do you just have to not give a fuck about his charge sometimes?

Does anyone have any clue on what to do in the Raven matchup? 7L says that he thinks this is 4-6 but if that's true then I'm at an absolute a loss on what to do because against a good player it feels practically unwinnable to me. Everyone is well aware of how frustrating her trait is to deal with...but what blows my mind more is her absolutely insane walk speed. I feel like to apply any sort of pressure to her I have to constantly be dashing in after every string to keep up and inevitably I get caught by something and eat a ton of damage for it. To make matters worse her hitbox is weird and it seems like you have to wait an extra half second during some mixups to try and hit her with an overhead arrow.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Does anyone have any clue on what to do in the Raven matchup? 7L says that he thinks this is 4-6 but if that's true then I'm at an absolute a loss on what to do because against a good player it feels practically unwinnable to me. Everyone is well aware of how frustrating her trait is to deal with...but what blows my mind more is her absolutely insane walk speed. I feel like to apply any sort of pressure to her I have to constantly be dashing in after every string to keep up and inevitably I get caught by something and eat a ton of damage for it. To make matters worse her hitbox is weird and it seems like you have to wait an extra half second during some mixups to try and hit her with an overhead arrow.
Like most of Raven's match ups, it's a lot of patience.. React to projectiles with low arrows and load an arrow when you block a push.... When she has trait active be even more patient until you feel you know their habits or patterns then occasionally make a read. Most times though in trait, just be patient. After B23, watch out for the kancel into lift. Don't usually try to dash after the lift when done at range as she is only minus 9 and kan D1~Lift punish you for trying to kome in. If she is trying to katch your dash after the lift, a slide kan katch her but make sure you have the meter to make it safe.

She probably does win. But I don't recommend having that losing mentality... If you feel like you really kan't win or aren't prepared yet. Switch characters, Arrow is a character that requires preparation or an opponent that doesn't know your character (so you kan get away with shit).

Last edited:

ando1184

Noob
I don't know if it's just online or what but what the hell do I do in the batgirl matchup??? Once she gets close I don't know what to do or how to punish, I'm just locked down

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I don't know if it's just online or what but what the hell do I do in the batgirl matchup??? Once she gets close I don't know what to do or how to punish, I'm just locked down
B12 is -3. She has an 8 frame D1 and kan't jump or poke out of D1~Arrow. She kan't tele on reaction to arrows as far as I kan tell. It has to be a yolo read but if you hold it, she obviously kan. Pretty much everything into redemption is interruptable.. And that's it. Guess right on the vortex and make sure you get a handle on the player's yolo-ness.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Thanks for the reply red, so I can lock her down with d1, arrow mixups?
Yeah. That should work. A lot of my stuff is testing and theory fighting since I don't have as much match up experience besides Catwoman and Martian. So with that said, I theorized that I would randomly shoot arrows when I have the life lead to keep her in check and then D1 mix ups.

D

Deleted member 28105

It appears that I'm going about the Nightwing matchup all wrong. It seems like the community is convinced this is a 5-5, however, in my experience this matchup seems to be heavily weighted in Grayson's favour. My primary dilemmas are dealing with his zoning (in general, but specifically in escrima, I don't know how to properly get in..) and his pressure in staff.

How do I go about this matchup?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
It appears that I'm going about the Nightwing matchup all wrong. It seems like the community is convinced this is a 5-5, however, in my experience this matchup seems to be heavily weighted in Grayson's favour. My primary dilemmas are dealing with his zoning (in general, but specifically in escrima, I don't know how to properly get in..) and his pressure in staff.

If you ask the Nightwing forums you'll get as much downplaying as possible. I've been studying this match up, but I need to test out my gameplan to be sure. This is one of the match ups I feel like kould either be 5-5 if you're very on point (and know how to deal with every situation) or VERY bad.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator

I agree. I think ga has the advantage on mid range though, you can kinda stop (kinda) wingdings with j1, but then he can start trading with you. Up close, the moment he d1s you is the moment you lose all your momentum, which sucks balls. Full screen you cant do shit :/
That's a read and she's burning meter which limits her yolo tele into vortex potential.. I'm fine with that.
Fair enough.

ando1184

Noob
Ok, so I went up a pretty decent BG online and my D1, arrow kept getting interrupted. After D1, like vs most everyone else her D1 interrupted and then she starts her vortex again...... :( Also, her cartwheel is an issue. I know she had a mid and low ender from it but doesn't she also have a high variation? I ask because I thought the cartwheel kick ender was high and when I blocked it and tried to D1 her out of it I kept being forced to block or got hit.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Ok, so I went up a pretty decent BG online and my D1, arrow kept getting interrupted. After D1, like vs most everyone else her D1 interrupted and then she starts her vortex again...... :( Also, her cartwheel is an issue. I know she had a mid and low ender from it but doesn't she also have a high variation? I ask because I thought the cartwheel kick ender was high and when I blocked it and tried to D1 her out of it I kept being forced to block or got hit.
Do the D1~Arrow fast. If you hold the arrow just a lil bit it'll kome out later.

The high off the kartwheel is plus. But you kan backdash the last hit if you see it and it option selects. You backdash the low if it komes out and you block the overhead (which is -14?).. Don't know how feasible this is in matches but it seems doable with a bit of practice..

ando1184

Noob
Do the D1~Arrow fast. If you hold the arrow just a lil bit it'll kome out later.

The high off the kartwheel is plus. But you kan backdash the last hit if you see it and it option selects. You backdash the low if it komes out and you block the overhead (which is -14?).. Don't know how feasible this is in matches but it seems doable with a bit of practice..
Then to the dojo I go to try this out. I didn't even try back dashing online because I was so overwhelmed with her vortex and wakeups. I think the D1, arrow thing is just online shenanigans then because I never hold it point blank unless I make the opponent respect the mixup first. Thanks Red

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Then to the dojo I go to try this out. I didn't even try back dashing online because I was so overwhelmed with her vortex and wakeups. I think the D1, arrow thing is just online shenanigans then because I never hold it point blank unless I make the opponent respect the mixup first. Thanks Red
No problem.. To be honest. I don't even like using Arrow online. There's so many things you kan't do that change match ups and he needs every little detail. He's also very reaction based, especially in his kounter zoning game.