What's new

Green Arrow General Discussion Thread

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
This has to be a bug. I've noticed it aswell. Also happens when you get hit by a super. Thing is it happens to all characters. Poor scarecrows players lol
I noticed it too and just thought it was part of the game. I'm used to losing my arrows though, but it sucks if I had a boxing glove arrow when they klashed, which is why I don't burn meter on it until after the klash if I'm not far away.

And yeah.. I use Arrow and Scarecrow. Scarecrow has so many problems and I didn't realize it after hours of lab time because he was the only other character I played.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Does anyone know if you can get epic gear with randomized gear on in offline tournament mode? Because I just spent literally 20 mins reloading GA with different gear.

I saw a lot of weird combinations of stuff but one thing I did not see was A GOD DAMN HOOD. I did some highly scientific googling and nobody else has seen one either yet. Either it is a super rare epic gear piece or we've been lied to. The first option sounds way too reasonable so I'm going with the second one. We were promised a hood for our character and I want my damn hood! @16 Bit @tylerlansdown

Landonio

n00b
I need online-friendly corner combos for each situation, preferably ending in hard knockdown and/or arrow reload. I've realized that ending in Hurricane Bow sucks for the corner.

Altsa

For your gear matches:

With Bola-arrow ready: ji2 1,1,1~MBb3 ji3 2,2~arrow (ready ice arrow) ji2 1,1,1~arrow (walk back) ji2 1,1,1~df1MB 2,2~bf3MB

High damage, maximum swag and total waste of meter.

How do I beat Arrow's wakeup when he does Stinger to MB? Do I just gotta hold that or am I supposed to make it whiff instead?

Any higher level videos of green arrow? Im having so much trouble stopping pressure once i get knocked down 1 time. Savage blast and slide get stuffed for full combo so much.

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow
I noticed it too and just thought it was part of the game. I'm used to losing my arrows though, but it sucks if I had a boxing glove arrow when they klashed, which is why I don't burn meter on it until after the klash if I'm not far away.

And yeah.. I use Arrow and Scarecrow. Scarecrow has so many problems and I didn't realize it after hours of lab time because he was the only other character I played.
i play arrow scarecrow and bane ... and the trait reset just kills all desire to play bane ..you think losing arrows or your traumatize is bad...try being potentialyy in perma debuff lol ,
venom level 3 to seal the match with my mate he ' clashed ..debuff no biggy get into a bad mixup and get sent into a transition ad a bout 50% of my cooldown so now im pretty low on health with the debuff timer reset to zero so back to turtling dodge and get the timer to near full (say about 80%) get caught have to clash at about 95% cooldown time (had to bet all) ... back to 0% lost ....

Altsa

Any higher level videos of green arrow? Im having so much trouble stopping pressure once i get knocked down 1 time. Savage blast and slide get stuffed for full combo so much.
Arrow has 2 wakeup attacks: Stinger and Hurricane Bow. Both have invincibility frames at startup but not at the end so you might get interrupted if your opponent times their attack well. Hurricane Bow comes out faster so it might be more reliable(Assuming both options have same i-frames).

Savage Blast has absolutely no i-frames so it is suicide trying to use it as a wakeup attack.

Other options you have are delayed wakeup, backdash, wakeup super and just block.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
i play arrow scarecrow and bane ... and the trait reset just kills all desire to play bane ..you think losing arrows or your traumatize is bad...try being potentialyy in perma debuff lol ,
venom level 3 to seal the match with my mate he ' clashed ..debuff no biggy get into a bad mixup and get sent into a transition ad a bout 50% of my cooldown so now im pretty low on health with the debuff timer reset to zero so back to turtling dodge and get the timer to near full (say about 80%) get caught have to clash at about 95% cooldown time (had to bet all) ... back to 0% lost ....
For Bane though, doesn't it work the other way too? You kan klash while in debuff to avoid the damage..?
Also, how long does debuff last in this game? It feels shorter...

I think it's worse for Scarecrow. He has to work hard against zoners to get that trait out. Most matches against zoners, I don't even get Traumatize.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Arrow has 2 wakeup attacks: Stinger and Hurricane Bow. Both have invincibility frames at startup but not at the end so you might get interrupted if your opponent times their attack well. Hurricane Bow comes out faster so it might be more reliable(Assuming both options have same i-frames).

Savage Blast has absolutely no i-frames so it is suicide trying to use it as a wakeup attack.

Other options you have are delayed wakeup, backdash, wakeup super and just block.
You sure Savage Blast has no invincibility frames? I kan't test it right now, but I've been using it on wakeup and haven't been getting it stuffed. It is stuffable though, it just seems to have a decent amount of invincibility. I also tested stuffing it with batman and it felt like a different timing to stuff it than with Hurricane Bow.

Altsa

You sure Savage Blast has no invincibility frames? I kan't test it right now, but I've been using it on wakeup and haven't been getting it stuffed. It is stuffable though, it just seems to have a decent amount of invincibility. I also tested stuffing it with batman and it felt like a different timing to stuff it than with Hurricane Bow.
It has no i-frames. It gets stuffed before GA leaves the ground, leaving him standing.

TeknoOdin

DR. GreenBaneFateArrCrow
For Bane though, doesn't it work the other way too? You kan klash while in debuff to avoid the damage..?
Also, how long does debuff last in this game? It feels shorter...

I think it's worse for Scarecrow. He has to work hard against zoners to get that trait out. Most matches against zoners, I don't even get Traumatize.
no not any more you take the debuf damage (if i remember in injustice 1 that was just a glitch that never got addressed looks like it's been addressed now though ) and it lasts longer from what i rememebr (12 seconds is the lv3 i think)

Arrow has 2 wakeup attacks: Stinger and Hurricane Bow. Both have invincibility frames at startup but not at the end so you might get interrupted? if your opponent times their attack well. Hurricane Bow comes out faster so it might be more reliable(Assuming both options have same i-frames).

So if I wanna beat his wakeup I'm supposed to time my meaty a little later?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Yeah, arrows wake up game is pretty bad but this is the case for a lot of characters. Hurricane bow is the best wake up attack option but it's still a crap shoot depending on meaty timing, it can also get you blown up if they jump. Best bet with arrow is to not get cornered because of this. I'll usually try to push block my way out of those situations but that will leave you a bit more open to any mixup or throw options when they notice this. I do think Arrow has the mobility to keep a good position on the screen though.

Loading an electric arrow after an ice arrow into ji2 223 electric arrow b3 has been very inconsistent for me especially since I've been playing online mostly. I've just been doing the other combo 7L mention with MB hurricane bow.

MB slide should be used a lot imo. Great corner push and pretty good damage. It's pretty hard to block when mixed in properly during neutral. It creates a true 50/50 after the 2nd hit of f2d13 just like in the first game. It's also great for going under jumps and keeping yourself out of the corner.

I think at the end of combos it may be a pretty good idea to equip a boxing glove arrow if you don't already have anything else equipped. This works especially well against characters that don't have strong wake up attacks.

These are just random notes on how I've been playing the character. My main struggle right now is that I'm still trying to learn all the options and strings of other characters.

Last edited:

KGA Prosaic

RM Prosaic
Arrows wake up game is what it is, you have an anti cross up sky alert with no i frames unfortunately, stinger that can be MB for + frames and hurricane bow that destroys opponents oki set ups that can be MB on hit for a full combo. Most of the cast dont have these kind of wakeup options. Losing trait after a cinematic makes me feel like its on purpose except you have characters like atrocious that keeps his out.

here is a combo video i posted in the combo forum but will share here for those not following the forum.

If connecting the 3 into sky alert is too difficult, you can just use s1 instead for 8 less damage on bnbs.

If anyone knows better optimal damage please share. Also, dont forget to reload after you freeze the opponent and before the b3 so you can end in b23xxhurricane bow for damage and decent hit Adv/Positioning.

7L

Heads up!
Arrows wake up game is what it is, you have an anti cross up sky alert with no i frames unfortunately, stinger that can be MB for + frames and hurricane bow that destroys opponents oki set ups that can be MB on hit for a full combo. Most of the cast dont have these kind of wakeup options. Losing trait after a cinematic makes me feel like its on purpose except you have characters like atrocious that keeps his out.

here is a combo video i posted in the combo forum but will share here for those not following the forum.

If connecting the 3 into sky alert is too difficult, you can just use s1 instead for 8 less damage on bnbs.

If anyone knows better optimal damage please share. Also, dont forget to reload after you freeze the opponent and before the b3 so you can end in b23xxhurricane bow for damage and decent hit Adv/Positioning.

Wake up game is pretty bad. Without savage blast being a decent wake up, our only options go to what you said. Most people won't be jumping over us because once people start getting meaty timings we'll be holding pressure no matter what. Hurricane bow isn't a good wake up in my opinion due to the fact that you can d2 before the ex can come out, therefore eating our bar and a solid punish on their end.

Stinger has some invisibility and safe on ex but that also suspect to meaty timings. Delaying wake ups and choosing our wake ups wisely will be key.

The ice arrow on cinematic issue isn't too bad either. We have great pressure even without an arrow loaded and can still rack in tons of damage off confirms with one bar.

At the moment my go to combo mid screen is (opener with ice arrow). Dash or walk back depending on distance, load electric arrow. J2, 223 > electric arrow. B3, j2 b23 hurricane bow. This is the highest damage that anyone has found so far.
Also after the combo above, we do still have one electric arrow to spare which is going to be great for trades. Electric arrow properties on jumping characters is great too. Allowing b3 at certain heights and on the ground staggering them for access to another arrow load.

I was playing around in the lab last night and came up with this. I havent tested this, but does stinger set you up for a meaty?

Thoughts?

**EDIT: I forgot to turn off Gear, so the damage numbers are off

Last edited: