What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Got the game early, q&a about Subzero moveset etc(no story spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, 7 frame clone and 5 frame parry...I was hoping for faster. I wonder how good ice aura will be if it doesnt get dmg reduction outside of EX...though I suppose you get a free one after every parry/iceball.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Hmm, 7 frame clone and 5 frame parry...I was hoping for faster. I wonder how good ice aura will be if it doesnt get dmg reduction outside of EX...though I suppose you get a free one after every parry/iceball.
Forgot to mention

KITANA parry is 17f and if cancellable from her insanely - strings very mindgame heavy

Does a clone still absorb projectiles AS its being tossed?

What is the purpose of EX clone this time? Still just longer duration? That seems lackluster being that projectiles destroy them. Does it have an extra hit?

Is Ice Burst actually an overhead?

Does Sub (or the game in general) have good AA capabilities?

Repulsar

Noob
Am I right in guessing that in Grandmaster, his combos would reach about 30% at max? If 36% is the most we can reach in Cryo, and that includes an extra string due to ex hammer, then Grandmaster and Unbreakable have to be a little lacking.

Also, frame data on the mid air hammer drop would be interesting. Thank you guys for doing this.

Air hammer is 23 frames of startup and -7 on block

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If you can say anything about D'Vorah I would really appreciate it. Thank you guys.
D3 is 1f faster ( 7 ) from any char I've seen so far, she has a 6f jab which some chars don't have, MK9 scorpion's F3 with less damage

-8 14f startup F2 overhead with godlike range, bad on whiff. End of string is -7 with not enough distance to avoid spanking.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Does Reptile become visible after being hit (while blocking or w/e) in his Deceptive variation? I'm sure the answer is yes, but figured I'd ask anyways. Does his ex invisibility have any different properties other than being faster?

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
D3 is 1f faster ( 7 ) from any char I've seen so far, she has a 6f jab which some chars don't have, MK9 scorpion's F3 with less damage

-8 14f startup F2 overhead with godlike range, bad on whiff. End of string is -7 with not enough distance to avoid spanking.
Thank you

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Does a clone still absorb projectiles AS its being tossed?

What is the purpose of EX clone this time? Still just longer duration? That seems lackluster being that projectiles destroy them. Does it have an extra hit?

Is Ice Burst actually an overhead?

Does Sub (or the game in general) have good AA capabilities?
3rd question, no, it's mid, ex version is comboable but seems pointless to me but I can't possibly know with so little time

4th question, looks quite decent, yeah. 6f s1 anti air jab, better jab than most chars have and his 11 combos into iceball with 12 being a low.

LinKueiLegend

The true Grandmaster
Thank you guys greatly for this thread! Means a lot guys! Most of my questions for Sub have been answered haha. I just have two questions.

First which variation would you guys say is the more well balanced for Subby? And which does the most to least damage?

Lastly how well are the characters balanced? Are there any variations which dominate others or are they all pretty equal? Thanks again guys! Have fun! Glad it's a beasty game.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
D'vorah air throw is 7f

Wasp grenade is SF4 cody rock throw with better projectory

Swarm queen is slow and setup heavy

Her diarreah ground blast hits low and looks very reactable with armour/xray but not jumpable.

her ass tentacles are strictly for finishing combos or possibly safe via a setup

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Thank you guys greatly for this thread! Means a lot guys! Most of my questions for Sub have been answered haha. I just have two questions.

First which variation would you guys say is the more well balanced for Subby? And which does the most to least damage?

Lastly how well are the characters balanced? Are there any variations which dominate others or are they all pretty equal? Thanks again guys! Have fun! Glad it's a beasty game.
All variations other than cryo do same damaged

couldnt possibly know whats balanced, what im saying here is what I see ingame and i know absolutely nothing from balance and only learning as I see each chars frames

Repulsar

Noob
3rd question, no, it's mid, ex version is comboable but seems pointless to me but I can't possibly know with so little time

4th question, looks quite decent, yeah. 6f s1 anti air jab, better jab than most chars have and his 11 combos into iceball with 12 being a low.

Also in Cryo variation his uppercut has an extended range cause he uses his ice sword. Its a pretty good AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.