What's new

Got it early, anything you wanna know? (Non story related)

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I have a question, how is the online ? Is the matchmaking improved this time around compare to MKX?
Idk considering most of the playerbase doesn't have the game yet, but I was matched with beginners early on and then kept getting matched with better players once I got more wins on my record. Could just be a coincidence though.

I've been playing him a lot so I'll upload a few things tomorrow, but man this fool can't combo for shit...
even with MB Bola at best you get string into stabby special or jump kick d1 into string stabby special in the corner.
His trailer lies coz they do the command grab KB mid combo which isnt even possible lol.
He has a restand string but it's 0 on hit and his fastest normal is 8f so idk how to utilize that.
Is that restanding string special cancel able? If he has something to launch with in the air, you could do that restanding string into AMP bola, and then hit them with something for big hit advantage frames
Of course it includes a lot of ifs)))) total theory fighting

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Is that restanding string special cancel able? If he has something to launch with in the air, you could do that restanding string into AMP bola, and then hit them with something for big hit advantage frames
Of course it includes a lot of ifs)))) total theory fighting
Nope, it's 2 1+3 4. The 4 is a knockdown ender that KBs if the string is a punish, or don't do the ender for the restand.
He has wonky mixups with this strings, f12 has an overhead and low ender but they're both -15 on block and just knockdown. He has 2 strings where the second hit is low or overhead, overhead one KBs for a launch if the first hit whiffs and they ducked the overhead but I'm getting 320 from that with the KB+ 1bar.

Both his mace and bola cancels are trash too. They both leave you at -14 or higher when the string w/o the cancels are generally safe.

His strength seems to be his normals and his low reward mixups. His 4 are all chains with good reach and d4 ticks into his command grab.
That reminds me, only his d1 and d4 tick into his grab, d3 doesn't work and nothing in his strings tick.

Nope, it's 2 1+3 4. The 4 is a knockdown ender that KBs if the string is a punish, or don't do the ender for the restand.
He has wonky mixups with this strings, f12 has an overhead and low ender but they're both -15 on block and just knockdown. He has 2 strings where the second hit is low or overhead, overhead one KBs for a launch if the first hit whiffs and they ducked the overhead but I'm getting 320 from that with the KB+ 1bar.

Both his mace and bola cancels are trash too. They both leave you at -14 or higher when the string w/o the cancels are generally safe.

His strength seems to be his normals and his low reward mixups. His 4 are all chains with good reach and d4 ticks into his command grab.
That reminds me, only his d1 and d4 tick into his grab, d3 doesn't work and nothing in his strings tick.
So you can 2 1+3 into 4, but can't do 2 1+3xx into anything else??! When I see strings like that I just think : Why?)

Speaking of command grabs, can Geras' Titan tuckle be neutral ducked? Because on the Kombat Kast 16 bit said you can duck it, but some people who have the game are saying it is a mid.
What about Kotal's CG?

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Speaking of command grabs, can Geras' Titan tuckle be neutral ducked? Because on the Kombat Kast 16 bit said you can duck it, but some people who have the game are saying it is a mid.
What about Kotal's CG?
Can't duck Kotal's, hell if he does f3 to grab on block you simply cant avoid it. Only way out is to purposely get hit by the f3.
Dunno about Geras though, I'll have to try it out later.

Psypsy

Noob
Is there a ranked tier system for ranked matches? Like in Street Fighter you start as Bronze, then move up to Silver etc? I liked having this in ranked as it made me want to improve and climb the ranks. Or is it like MKX ranked, just random? Thanks.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
@TrulyAmiracle whats lao's spin on start up if you dont mind?
All Lao's frames

Is there a ranked tier system for ranked matches? Like in Street Fighter you start as Bronze, then move up to Silver etc? I liked having this in ranked as it made me want to improve and climb the ranks. Or is it like MKX ranked, just random? Thanks.
There's a Kombat league thing that's locked atm, says 29 days or so till it starts. Everyone is hopeful that it's a ranking ladder or some sort but we won't know till they unlock it or talk about it in a kast.
Other than that it's ranked first to 3 sets with no rankings just like i2.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
I wanna know how your matches have been with the NRS community in the Middle East, and yours and their thoughts on it. Are you guys having fun?

I've been knee deep in Towers of Time so haven't got a chance to practice or play real people

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I wanna know how your matches have been with the NRS community in the Middle East, and yours and their thoughts on it. Are you guys having fun?

I've been knee deep in Towers of Time so haven't got a chance to practice or play real people
Yeah it’s been fun, i haven’t played matches as much as labbing and messing around in costumizations/story/recording stuff.

There are pros and cons for a lot of it but the overall opinion is that the game is fun and that the Briggs family is OP.

I cant find a noob vs scorpion intro anywhere. Do you have one? :)
Like where they talk in the beginning?
Im afraid i can’t do audio coz those vids get copyright strikes and get taken down. I can write them down but idk how enjoyable that is for you lol.

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
Surprisingly NRS hasn't nuked my Youtube account and I've been showing single player direct feed with sound on them. I'm using a separate Youtube from my main so IDGAF as long as they don't ban my gamertag. :(

Also you got your wish. Your four armed bae is DLC.

Yeah it’s been fun, i haven’t played matches as much as labbing and messing around in costumizations/story/recording stuff.

There are pros and cons for a lot of it but the overall opinion is that the game is fun and that the Briggs family is OP.

Like where they talk in the beginning?
Im afraid i can’t do audio coz those vids get copyright strikes and get taken down. I can write them down but idk how enjoyable that is for you lol.
Ohhh i see. Can you write one down for me? THX man. And if you have a cool skarlet/kitana/noob combo/gameplay feel free to share with me :D Enjoy your game! In your opinion is it hard to get a cool skin for your main kharakter? Bc if the Krypt is randomised then its only luck :(

Prateek Shekhar

LeggoMyEggo
4 for mine got taken down on thursday but the rest have been fine which is odd. Wont complain though.
Yours is only in your thread mostly which is a factor, mine are circling reddit and twitter coz same have 4k+ views lol.

And yes Sheeva best dlc.
Sindel is awesome too, don’t care about the rest.
Makes sense. All my streamable links with the gear showcase got nuked in record time.
I wish Sheeva didn't look like an absolute unit in this game. Princess Fiona lookin. I'm still hyped for Sindel.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Ohhh i see. Can you write one down for me? THX man. And if you have a cool skarlet/kitana/noob combo/gameplay feel free to share with me :D Enjoy your game! In your opinion is it hard to get a cool skin for your main kharakter? Bc if the Krypt is randomised then its only luck :(
I have a few Noob combos posted earlier in the thread, Kitana has some neat combos on twitter if you search #mk11_kit but i haven’t messed with her personally.

For skins you get 1 skin for finishing your character tutorial (which is pretty useful and quick) so there’s a least that. Got my Jamaica Jacqui skin from that.
You can also do character towers but they are annoyingly not fun.
You also get a few in story mode.
Other than that yeah you gotta pray for the RNGod in the krypt.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
@TrulyAmiracle all I have is one small favor.

I believe I speak for all Kitana players when i ask “can do a fan, then convert into a different fan?”

For example, can she do ground fan, and then do air fan to keep them juggled and vice Versa?

And if you do have the time, can you do a combo with it? Thanks in advance man
I tried, but i believe only one fan hitting them airborne leaves them high enough for combos, the second makes them fall faster like in MKX, but in MKX you could do one air fan and one ground fan for them to be suspended in the air, in MK11 its only one fan.

She still has combos though, but her conversions are weaker.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
I have a few Noob combos posted earlier in the thread, Kitana has some neat combos on twitter if you search #mk11_kit but i haven’t messed with her personally.

For skins you get 1 skin for finishing your character tutorial (which is pretty useful and quick) so there’s a least that. Got my Jamaica Jacqui skin from that.
You can also do character towers but they are annoyingly not fun.
You also get a few in story mode.
Other than that yeah you gotta pray for the RNGod in the krypt.
Oh, i didnt know training for a certain character gave you cosmetics

Nice.