What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Did the Goro buff thread get closed? Fuck that I'll post my response here. It took like 15 minutes of my life to write!

B12u2 being fixed seems to be universally agreed upon, which is nice because it needs to be.

Ex telestomp tracking would be sweet, I think making it launch is a little much though.

I'm happy with the SG buff we got, it wasn't great but it at least gives Goro's fat ass enough time to get on top of the opponent again. Wouldn't ask for another buff.

Shokan bolt being mid would be kind of bullshit in KW. A good projectile AND ground pound seems like too much screen control. But then again half the cast has a fucking teleport so idk.

F3 being faster could work but having it link safely into flame breath might make Goro a little brain dead mid screen. I like the "will he flame breath or MB punchwalk" mind game when an opponent knows the match up.

Every character has useless strings F21 is that string for Goro. He has other decent strings to make up for it.

If they replaced U1 or U2 with something else than sure but right now it at least lets you press whatever feels best to you. No reason to remove it. Definitely lazy design though.

D2 should be better, god damnit he has 4 arms! How is his uppercut one of the worst but his kick poke one of the best?!

Some of these buffs could work but I'm not sure which ones to give him and which ones to not. My biggest fear is that Goro turns into Bane, an over buffed brain dead monster. I'd rather him be left as is than have that happen.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Dammit, I was writing a sensible reply to that thread :(
Did the Goro buff thread get closed? Fuck that I'll post my response here. It took like 15 minutes of my life to write!

B12u2 being fixed seems to be universally agreed upon, which is nice because it needs to be.

Ex telestomp tracking would be sweet, I think making it launch is a little much though.

I'm happy with the SG buff we got, it wasn't great but it at least gives Goro's fat ass enough time to get on top of the opponent again. Wouldn't ask for another buff.

Shokan bolt being mid would be kind of bullshit in KW. A good projectile AND ground pound seems like too much screen control. But then again half the cast has a fucking teleport so idk.

F3 being faster could work but having it link safely into flame breath might make Goro a little brain dead mid screen. I like the "will he flame breath or MB punchwalk" mind game when an opponent knows the match up.

Every character has useless strings F21 is that string for Goro. He has other decent strings to make up for it.

If they replaced U1 or U2 with something else than sure but right now it at least lets you press whatever feels best to you. No reason to remove it. Definitely lazy design though.

D2 should be better, god damnit he has 4 arms! How is his uppercut one of the worst but his kick poke one of the best?!

Some of these buffs could work but I'm not sure which ones to give him and which ones to not. My biggest fear is that Goro turns into Bane, an over buffed brain dead monster. I'd rather him be left as is than have that happen.
I deleted it, I am just an average player that doesn't know how Goro works so I do not have the authority to voice my opinion on this character.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
All good. I was able to "Back" until I got to the OP and copied it. I'll post my thoughts on it in a bit.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
I deleted it, I am just an average player that doesn't know how Goro works so I do not have the authority to voice my opinion on this character.
Haha I feel like I'm out of the loop on something. I liked the thread, it wasn't all demandy like a lot of other character buff threads.

With what you listed it really seems like it. A lot of average players have great game knowledge and understanding. But asking for all of that seems a little ridiculous gives off the opposite vibe.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
With what you listed it really seems like it. A lot of average players have great game knowledge and understanding. But asking for all of that seems a little ridiculous gives off the opposite vibe.
I was getting the vibe that he was just listing a bunch of possible buffs, not demanding everything listed.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
No offense but I have never heard of you until now. So please stay online and never go to tournaments.

And it wasn't a request stating Goro is bottom 5 please buff NRS he is useless. It was a thread purposing some changes for the character.

I stated multiple times Goro is tournament Viable in that thread.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
No offense but I have never heard of you until now. So please stay online and never go to tournaments.

And it wasn't a request stating Goro is bottom 5 please buff NRS he is useless. It was a thread purposing some changes for the character.

I stated multiple times Goro is tournament Viable in that thread.
Ryan, srsly, what does it matter if you attend tourneys or not in a discussion for buffs/nerfs thread? I mean come on... Just because some people do not agree with your suggestions, you get butthurt and go and delete the thread. Thats immature and thats NOT how discussions are done in general.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I know Bipolar from Injustice. He actually repped the character pretty well in tournaments IIRC. Also, being douchey is one thing (which many in that thread were doing), but I don't think calling your suggestions "unreasonable" is a grave personal attack.

Vagrant

Warrior
You can voice your opinion. When you comment on his viability or suggest balance changes for the character though, you open yourself up to criticism from other people's opinions.

If someone thinks your changes are unreasonable. They are going to say so.

If it's any consolation. I thought I knew everything about DS in IGAU and when he got nerfed I freaked out about how terrible he was going to be. When players that were better than me like Slips showed me ways to apply his tools in ways I hadn't thought of before, I felt silly for acting like I knew what was best for the game balance when there was a whole aspect of fundamental play that I wasn't taking into account before.

While I'm not critiquing your skill as a player, I think it may be possible that there are aspects of goros gameplay in relation to the MKX game engine that you aren't seeing. This may be causing you to feel like he needs the changes you're suggesting and that is understandable. I also understand that the lack of goro in top 8s can be discouraging too.

But I don't feel like most of the changes you listed are good for this game and I'm not ashamed to voice that opinion. Do not confuse my skepticism as hostility.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Ryan, srsly, what does it matter if you attend tourneys or not in a discussion for buffs/nerfs thread? I mean come on... Just because some people do not agree with your suggestions, you get butthurt and go and delete the thread. Thats immature and thats NOT how discussions are done in general.
It is not the face people disagree with my opinions. That happens everyday. It is when you tell me I do not know how to use a character and I lack knowledge of the game.

I delete the threads because it seems like whenever I voice my opinion in the Goro threads people just state that I am stupid and just asking for buffs. I don't want to see that. I try to stay positive and help the community.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
It is not the face people disagree with my opinions. That happens everyday. It is when you tell me I do not know how to use a character and I lack knowledge of the game.

I delete the threads because it seems like whenever I voice my opinion in the Goro threads people just state that I am stupid and just asking for buffs. I don't want to see that. I try to stay positive and help the community.
First of all, regarding the particular thread, no one called you stupid. Secondly, even you have to admit, that some of the buffs you were suggesting were over the top ( prime examples were the 50/50 ex pw and tremor cancels after some block strings).

If you read my post you d see that i agreed with some of the stuff you posted. But when you go and delete the thread, just because you dont agree with some posts written, dont expect to get good results after that.

Regarding Goro, yes he has some issues.

Right now the only things he needs is a solid AA (buff his fucking d2) and better hit box on his b12u2 string.

Other buffs would be welcomed as well ofc, but those two are the most important buffs/fixes he needs atm in order to compete.

Last edited:

Vagrant

Warrior
It is when you tell me I do not know how to use a character and I lack knowledge of the game..
Less than 6 months into the game, is this really that unlikely of a possibility?

I do not know how to fully use my character and I definitely lack knowledge in MKX. And I've been playing fighting games since MK9 against some of the best fighting game players in the Midwest. Doesn't mean anything.

You have to admit you don't know everything before you can improve.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
<3 @Vagrant

Mostly the jump ins. I'm completely helpless and have to hold that every time he jumps at me.
get creative with your aa strategy as goro, you're going to have to develop an unorthodox strategy because he doesn't have a lariat or AA grab. I'e been working on taking a quick step back and using d4 to evade and trip guard

if you feel ballsy you can make a hard read wih u1 or u2 because a lot of people aren't ready to punish it on whiff in the first place. Just make sure you convert into a combo to discourage their jumping happy strats

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
<3 @Vagrant

get creative with your aa strategy as goro, you're going to have to develop an unorthodox strategy because he doesn't have a lariat or AA grab. I'e been working on taking a quick step back and using d4 to evade and trip guard

if you feel ballsy you can make a hard read wih u1 or u2 because a lot of people aren't ready to punish it on whiff in the first place. Just make sure you convert into a combo to discourage their jumping happy strats
Its not that simple, especially against jump ins like the ones KL, KK, Scorpion and Raiden, etc etc, have. Its not a solid solution, simply because, of the massive active frames the jump ins i mentioned have. I use sweep as trip guard as well, but there are times where you cannot calculate the distance of your opponent's jump in and its not worth taking that risk.

u1/u2 is good versus cross up jump ins, but thats it.

@Metzos

How do you feel about b2 for jump ins? Have been having pretty decent success with it in Dragon fangs with the increased range. It seems rather character specific though.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Its not that simple, especially against jump ins like the ones KL, KK, Scorpion and Raiden, etc etc, have. Its not a solid solution, simply because, of the massive active frames the jump ins i mentioned have. I use sweep as trip guard as well, but there are times where you cannot calculate the distance of your opponent's jump in and its not worth taking that risk.

u1/u2 is good versus cross up jump ins, but thats it.
i agree. If youre playing Goro for good anti airs you need to look elsewhere, just trying to give an idea of possible options

Status
Not open for further replies.