What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
As much as I like the throw buff, he got nerfed relative to the cast. His buffs are a joke compared to every other character. Did you see Reptile and Kitana? Even Jason got hitbox fixes. We really did get forgotten here :(.

You mean Goro don't get guaranteed pressure? or just even don't get enough time to get in?
you dont have time to get in, you get enough time to dash, which nets you more space in the same amount of time than Goro's run, which still leaves you too far away to even hit with D4 unless they move forward (because by then theyve gotten up)

the only thing i can see this being good for is ground pounding in KW

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
you dont have time to get in, you get enough time to dash, which nets you more space in the same amount of time than Goro's run, which still leaves you too far away to even hit with D4 unless they move forward (because by then theyve gotten up)

the only thing i can see this being good for is ground pounding in KW
Compared to what it was it means we don't have to end in sweep to avoid losing all momentum. It's not earth shattering but it could be worse

just give me a more consistent hitbox on b12u2 and a faster u1 to aa... And 2 as a mid... And a faster run speed... Wait what am I talking about?

Compared to what it was it means we don't have to end in sweep to avoid losing all momentum. It's not earth shattering but it could be worse

just give me a more consistent hitbox on b12u2 and a faster u1 to aa... And 2 as a mid... And a faster run speed... Wait what am I talking about?
haha yeah, those would be nice. and no we still get no pressure mid screen, but it means we can end combos in grab in the corner now and get a beter mix-up, thats all. Ending combos mid screen with lunge is viable now in KW to get a bit of pressure, but i still hate that it side swaps :-\

D_Matt_Ma

haha yeah, those would be nice. and no we still get no pressure mid screen, but it means we can end combos in grab in the corner now and get a beter mix-up, thats all. Ending combos mid screen with lunge is viable now in KW to get a bit of pressure, but i still hate that it side swaps :-\
I've said it already. There was no buff to the lunge. It's a lie. The lunge has the same frames as it did pre-patch. Only the MB version is better.

D_Matt_Ma

I'll ask again: Is anyone maining Goro for Evo? If not, I'll pick up another character. I want to just have fun, but if the character sucks so much I'll be doing nothing, there won't be fun there. I need some opinions here.

If so, sessions and note sharing? Goro mirrors are epic. Punch walk clashes

Last edited:
The character is fun to play. But unfortunately is not very good. He'll be one of those characters that roughly remains the same. At best, mid tier. At worst, bottom 5. Developers do that with some characters. Too afraid to make them good so they always hover around mid tier if they are lucky.

to be honest im probably going to drop Goro at this point. Hes no fun to play anymore. Obviously its much more important to make sure Kung Lao and Raiden have 3 viable variations before Goro has 1

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Anyone here uses EX Flame Breath? Im trying to find ways to justify using it in my matches but it's poop
Literally every other move deserves your meter before that one. It's ass. Regular flame breath does everything EX does except better and cheaper.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
NRS doesn't know how to balance a char I believe. Goro just needed good AA and better starter.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
After playing around with Goro after the patch all I can say is, fuck. With the Kitana buffs and Goro's weak ass buffs he might have just been solidified as the worst character in the game :(

I've tried to be optimistic and I'll never drop him but I can't see anyone who wants to be competitive at tournaments using him, you'd have to get insanely lucky and face a bunch of Subzeros and Johnny Cages......but hey at least his 50/50s in Tigrar do mediocre damage now :rolleyes:

D_Matt_Ma

After playing around with Goro after the patch all I can say is, fuck. With the Kitana buffs and Goro's weak ass buffs he might have just been solidified as the worst character in the game :(

I've tried to be optimistic and I'll never drop him but I can't see anyone who wants to be competitive at tournaments using him, you'd have to get insanely lucky and face a bunch of Subzeros and Johnny Cages......but hey at least his 50/50s in Tigrar do mediocre damage now :rolleyes:
Nothing like burning meter to do sub 30% damage off a move that has no armor and comes out slow.

Goro sucks. Hes cool as fuck and i wish he was viable but he just isnt against alot of the cast. He needs overhauled like kenshi and kitana were

D_Matt_Ma

Goro sucks. Hes cool as fuck and i wish he was viable but he just isnt against alot of the cast. He needs overhauled like kenshi and kitana were
The question is... will he get one, and will it be with the Predator release... and if so... will it be used for Evo...

We could always throw up 1000 "Buff Goro pls" threads like every other character forum does. Goro could trade a little honor for some changes.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Next balance patch is probably gonna be pre-Tremor unless something REAL busted comes along.

But for real do you honestly believe that it was the 1,000 buff threads that caused NRS to act?

Next balance patch is probably gonna be pre-Tremor unless something REAL busted comes along.

But for real do you honestly believe that it was the 1,000 buff threads that caused NRS to act?
Uh yeah dude. Look at kenshi and kitana. Their entire characters were pretty much revamped

Yes and no. It brings some attention to the matter, but the fact that everyone agreed on Kitana/Kenshi sucking brought action. You can make nerf/buff threads for anyone, but most of the time, there will be valid points from high and low level play explaining why it's uncecessary. Goro might be at that point now, although I am still finding success in constant pressure and his unorthodox zoning tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.