What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurg

Noob
Ooh nice.. I never thought about trading with it. Can you hit them for free, or are they in one of those blockable staggers?

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Ooh nice.. I never thought about trading with it. Can you hit them for free, or are they in one of those blockable staggers?
From what I experienced, it carries the combo forward (in that the trade happened, but my combo stayed at 2 hits) and I was able to jip into bnb.

Another experiement I made to confirm the fact that it's still a combo is that if you immediately do another chest lunge, that chest lunge ends at 4 hits instead of 2. I don't think they can block.

Tanya is really bad but scorpion is still worse. I give scorpion vs goro my vote as the most one sided matchup in the game. And i play both chars and experienced it from both sides

Mortal Komhat

I haven't tried Scorpion, but Tanya is definitely in Tanya's favor. It's mitigateable though so it's not a switch characters to hopefully win. Just gotta use what tools we have in unorthodox ways.

Tanya is really bad but scorpion is still worse. I give scorpion vs goro my vote as the most one sided matchup in the game. And i play both chars and experienced it from both sides
I honestly believe this is one of the few times I find dragon fangs better than Kuatan. Unless it's ARISE ARISE FLYRISE BACKRISE spam, he's going to be in your face 90% of the time. The better pokes and higher damage output help me when Ground Pound is less viable, and I can save the meter used in EX ground Pound extenders for EX Punchwalk lifelines or EX Fang Spin for bazonger damage.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
When facing anyone with air mobility or teleport, I go to dragon fang. Not because it's good, but it doesn't suck as much as Kuatan Warrior. If they're going to just throw stuff on screen and walk backwards, then I go Tigrar Furry. Pretty much every time you use anything but Kuatan Warrior, you are at a significant disadvantage, as the other two variations are pretty poor in doing what they do. One can't pressure cause he's too slow and the other can't zone because his stuff projectiles are too weak.

I honestly believe this is one of the few times I find dragon fangs better than Kuatan. Unless it's ARISE ARISE FLYRISE BACKRISE spam, he's going to be in your face 90% of the time. The better pokes and higher damage output help me when Ground Pound is less viable, and I can save the meter used in EX ground Pound extenders for EX Punchwalk lifelines or EX Fang Spin for bazonger damage.
Thats pretty much why inferno scorp is goros worst mu. Goro is so slow he can be stomped by scorps zoning. Every special move goro has can be teleported on reaction. Goros stomp can be teleported into full combo juggle. Goro is free to all jumpers and scorp is the best jumper in the game.

Mortal Komhat

P A T C H N O T E S B O Y S

• Goro - increased hit advantage on Shokan Grab & Shokan Slam to 28 (up from 8)
  • Goro (Kuatan Warrior) - increased hit advantage on Chest Lunge to 20 (up from 5)
  • Goro (Kuatan Warrior) - increased hit advantage on Chest Charge to 23 (up from 5)
  • Goro (Dragon Fangs) - increased hit advantage on Shokan Stabs to 22 (up from 7)
  • Goro (Dragon Fangs) - increased hit advantage on Shokan Massacre to 23 (up from 5)
  • Goro (Tigrar Fury) - decreased combo damage scaling after Ground Scorch
Well, guess we at least got Shokan Grab to be decent in the midscreen?

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
I don't get it. Why buff the strongest variation but leave the weaker ones as is? I didn't need the chest lunge, even though I know notes are wrong. Mb chest was always less frames. He needs so much more on tigrar and fangs

P A T C H N O T E S B O Y S

• Goro - increased hit advantage on Shokan Grab & Shokan Slam to 28 (up from 8)
  • Goro (Kuatan Warrior) - increased hit advantage on Chest Lunge to 20 (up from 5)
  • Goro (Kuatan Warrior) - increased hit advantage on Chest Charge to 23 (up from 5)
  • Goro (Dragon Fangs) - increased hit advantage on Shokan Stabs to 22 (up from 7)
  • Goro (Dragon Fangs) - increased hit advantage on Shokan Massacre to 23 (up from 5)
  • Goro (Tigrar Fury) - decreased combo damage scaling after Ground Scorch
Well, guess we at least got Shokan Grab to be decent in the midscreen?
It's a start. Now he has the time to get in after connecting midscreen and keep up the pressure. I still am hoping for a less awkward input on Grabs/Stab and making it AA. Or he gets the KItana treatment.

ugh.. infinite disappointment. No hitbox issue changes at all for Goro. GIVE US A DOWN 2 THAT FUCKING WORKS DAMNIT! /rantover

Does all of this hit advantage allow for EX Ground Pound resets out the ass? Or was that available before ending a combo with Shokan Fling/Grabs on Kuatan? It escapes me just what you can EX reset out of.

Does all of this hit advantage allow for EX Ground Pound resets out the ass? Or was that available before ending a combo with Shokan Fling/Grabs on Kuatan? It escapes me just what you can EX reset out of.
MB Ground Pound is going to restand from command grab and lunge now.

your ticks mean a lot more now, and it's great for Dragon Fangs and Kuatan Warrior.

I'm all for this buff, especially when your opponent is in the corner.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
I'm a little lost. Why does it matter if Goro gets a restand off of EX ground pound? It's -6 on hit so you shouldn't get pressure off it right?

been having a play in practice mode, the command grab buffs are garbage from what ive seen. Midscreen you still get NO pressure at all. The lunge is a little more useful, you can kind of get pressure from it now but i would trade all this shit for a decent D2

4x4lo8o

Noob
I'm happy with this patch. Solid, yet subtle buff that integrates well into Goro's gameplan. I'd like to see a little more for the master of combat, but this was a good step in the correct direction.

4x4lo8o

Noob
You mean Goro don't get guaranteed pressure? or just even don't get enough time to get in?
He can run in fast enough after a command grab to stuff a non-armored wake up with f4, b4, or f3, blow up armored wake ups with ex-punchwalk, or command grab or 50/50 someone who delays their wake up. It also gives added options if you decided to stay full screen like meaty fireballs or ex-groundpound OTGs that you couldn't do off a non-ex grab before

Status
Not open for further replies.