What's new

Breakthrough - Goro Goro Confirmed + Mortal Kombat X Release Date Finally Announced!

E

Eldriken

If you can't see why pre-order bonuses or even day 1 DLC is retarded, then I'm sorry.

Opinions tend to become very biased, as, if you were so sure of a games quality, that you paid money before hand, it becomes hard to admit to that mistake and admit to a games flaws therefore causing players to be fine with bad quality games. Like if you're incentive to pre-order this is "omg free character" in a game you don't know what'll play like, I guess that's how you roll.
My incentive to pre-order the game was me wanting it and being guaranteed to have a copy at launch.

The free character is an added bonus.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Im very glad you don't work for NRS
I don't know why you feel that way. It seems to be the format of most characters' variations. Sub-Zero has Unbreakable, which has frost shield allowing him to take no chip damage. So, why would it be absurd for Goro to have a special that allows him to GIVE more chip damage?

I guarantee he will have a variation that focuses on armor, which is totally rational considering how slow he will likely be.

And we know damn well he's gonna have a grappler variation.

So what about my comment made you glad I don't work at NRS?

Because my variation predictions seem OP? - they aren't.

Because they are dull? - no more than the ones the existing roster has.

Because cynical comments get a lot of likes? - probably.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I hate it when pre order bonuses are actually part of the game. With MK9 I thought the classic skins would be unlocked by playing the game but I was wrong, so I can only assume I won't only have to wait to play as Goro, but I'll also have to pay more to do so, even though he was completed when the game was released and it is there on MY disc. Disgusting...

E

Eldriken

I hate it when pre order bonuses are actually part of the game. With MK9 I thought the classic skins would be unlocked by playing the game but I was wrong, so I can only assume I won't only have to wait to play as Goro, but I'll also have to pay more to do so, even though he was completed when the game was released and it is there on MY disc. Disgusting...
Why would you have to wait? Can't pre-order it or do you live somewhere the offer isn't available?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I want to know which "limited retailer" in the UK is doing this...why the hell is only one doing it anyway?!

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Why would you have to wait? Can't pre-order it or do you live somewhere the offer isn't available?
It is not available in my country. Even if it was, I would still think having parts of the game as exclusive to pre orders should not be done, unless it can be unlocked by playing the game. Soundtracks, art, or things like that are totally ok though.

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
I'd pre-order it anyways so i can be GUARANTEED my copy of a game i've been waiting 10 months to get my hands on. From what we've seen of the game i can hardly wait to play it. And like @Eldriken said, Goro is an added bonus.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
My incentive to pre-order the game was me wanting it and being guaranteed to have a copy at launch.

The free character is an added bonus.
It's not like they're going to run out of copies.

Why do you think NRS decided to make Day 1 DLC a free bonus instead of putting Goro in the game for everyone? Come on.

Be very wary the more money the company wants you to spend before you or anyone else has played the actual damn game. Preorder incentives, season passes, all that bullshit exists just to hedge their risks on the actual quality of the game

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Are you guys really that broke you can't put down $5 on preordering?

What's with the pointless whining, it's not even like it's console specific.

You're gonna have to pay money regardless for the full game....might as well deduct $5 and get a cool character.
You're missing the point entirely, and so did everyone who "liked" your post. It's not about the money, it's about the principle.

Dark

Noob
Be very wary the more money the company wants you to spend before you or anyone else has played the actual damn game. Preorder incentives, season passes, all that bullshit exists just to hedge their risks on the actual quality of the game
Lots of fans of Mortal Kombat wouldn't really care how amazing the game is from gameplay tournament standards etc.. You can already tell from the trailer the basics of how it would work and how it plays similar to mk9 and injustice, which I loved. I buy the game because I have fun playing it alone and with friends, also because I enjoy the story mode. I could care less if the game is considered to not have great gameplay. I'd want all the characters anyway. I think a lot of people think similarly to me in here..

E

Eldriken

It's not like they're going to run out of copies.

Why do you think NRS decided to make Day 1 DLC a free bonus instead of putting Goro in the game for everyone? Come on.

I'd rather not run the risk. Besides, pre-ordering is your best bet if you intend to pick up your copy at a midnight release, which I plan on doing.

To each their own when it comes down to their own principle(s) and opinion(s) on pre-orders.

They're here to stay, regardless of what you think of them.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Lots of fans of Mortal Kombat wouldn't really care how amazing the game is from gameplay tournament standards etc.. You can already tell from the trailer the basics of how it would work and how it plays similar to mk9 and injustice, which I loved. I buy the game because I have fun playing it alone and with friends, also because I enjoy the story mode. I could care less if the game is considered to not have great gameplay. I'd want all the characters anyway. I think a lot of people think similarly to me in here..
I'd rather not run the risk. Besides, pre-ordering is your best bet if you intend to pick up your copy at a midnight release, which I plan on doing.

To each their own when it comes down to their own principle(s) and opinion(s) on pre-orders.

They're here to stay, regardless of what you think of them.

Missing the point:

Opinions tend to become very biased, as, if you were so sure of a games quality, that you paid money before hand, it becomes hard to admit to that mistake and admit to a games flaws therefore causing players to be fine with bad quality games.

I guess we'll just have to see.

cyke_out

Noob
All 5-6 of you anti pre order protestors, looking out for us poor consumer, keep fighting the good fight. Stand up to those evil money grubbing corporations that prey on the innocent and ignorant. Tell them that a very small morally right minority has had enough and you guys don't want them making money on a product in such an unfair way. Maybe if you try hard enough and spread the good word enough peoplewill flock to your banner and the mega-corps will take notice.

You do that, stand on principle, I'll be waiting in line at midnight so I can play Goro for essentially free. It's a win/win for both of us. You get the satisfaction of being my moral superior, and I get to have fun.