What's new

Breakthrough - Goro Goro Confirmed + Mortal Kombat X Release Date Finally Announced!

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
All 5-6 of you anti pre order protestors, looking out for us poor consumer, keep fighting the good fight. Stand up to those evil money grubbing corporations that prey on the innocent and ignorant. Tell them that a very small morally right minority has had enough and you guys don't want them making money on a product in such an unfair way. Maybe if you try hard enough and spread the good word enough peoplewill flock to your banner and the mega-corps will take notice.

You do that, stand on principle, I'll be waiting in line at midnight so I can play Goro for essentially free. It's a win/win for both of us. You get the satisfaction of being my moral superior, and I get to have fun.
The thing is, if companies stopped doing this kind of thing, you would've gotten Goro free anyways. He is a part of the game they are locking away, not some extra thing they are doing for this. The difference is that now anyone who is not in the US or UK will not be able to play as him, even though he is there on our disc. And it is not about moral superiority, if I could I would pre order MKX just to make sure I get it as soon as possible, but don't tell me you don't see where this is wrong.

cyke_out

Noob
The thing is, if companies stopped doing this kind of thing, you would've gotten Goro free anyways. He is a part of the game they are locking away, not some extra thing they are doing for this. The difference is that now anyone who is not in the US or UK will not be able to play as him, even though he is there on our disc. And it is not about moral superiority, if I could I would pre order MKX just to make sure I get it as soon as possible, but don't tell me you don't see where this is wrong.
So let's just say that through the first of it's kind revolution, you convince the majority that paying for dlc or pre order bonuses is wrong and everyone votes with thier wallets and the developers realize they can no longer afford to lose money on creating content people are not going to buy.

Do you think that the developers just going to include that stuff for free on the game? No, more likely, they will just stop creating it altogether. So instead of complaining about how hiding Goro behind a pay wall, people can now complain about not getting Goro at all.

I wonder which option is more wrong?

All 5-6 of you anti pre order protestors, looking out for us poor consumer, keep fighting the good fight. Stand up to those evil money grubbing corporations that prey on the innocent and ignorant. Tell them that a very small morally right minority has had enough and you guys don't want them making money on a product in such an unfair way. Maybe if you try hard enough and spread the good word enough peoplewill flock to your banner and the mega-corps will take notice.

You do that, stand on principle, I'll be waiting in line at midnight so I can play Goro for essentially free. It's a win/win for both of us. You get the satisfaction of being my moral superior, and I get to have fun.
How soon we forget, the XBox1. Microsoft wanted to make it online only, they wanted to require you to purchase it with a Kinect they changed many of their policies because people spoke up. D3's release was a disaster, Path of Exile a Free to Play game took massive amounts of market share because of the poor business decisions the massive corporation Blizzard Activision made, blizzard inevitably had to replace the game director for the title.

But you go ahead follow like the good little sheep that you are. The world needs your type too. Chances are we're superior in more than just morality.

cyke_out

Noob
Yep the xbox1 was awful and I voted with my wallet and got the ps4. And I'm also voting with my wallet to get Goro as a pre order bonus. Since it's a better option than not getting him at all.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
So let's just say that through the first of it's kind revolution, you convince the majority that paying for dlc or pre order bonuses is wrong and everyone votes with thier wallets and the developers realize they can no longer afford to lose money on creating content people are not going to buy.

Do you think that the developers just going to include that stuff for free on the game? No, more likely, they will just stop creating it altogether. So instead of complaining about how hiding Goro behind a pay wall, people can now complain about not getting Goro at all.

I wonder which option is more wrong?
I'm not against DLC, as long as it is not content that should've been (Or in fact IS) in the game, as it is the case with most day 1 DLC. And again, I'm not entirely against pre order bonuses, if Goro was still unlockable by playing the game I wouldn't complain cause I would still be getting the whole game. But the truth is I will have to pay extra for something that is on my disc, and that was removed only to be used as a marketing tool. Don't be fooled into thinking they are creating Goro just for this, he is not an extra that you wouldn't have gotten.

If they actually create Goro after the game has been released and it is then when you get your pre order bonus, then that is ok. Basically you would be given free DLC. But having to pay more for a character that is on the game is ridiculous.

E

Eldriken

How soon we forget, the XBox1. Microsoft wanted to make it online only, they wanted to require you to purchase it with a Kinect they changed many of their policies because people spoke up. D3's release was a disaster, Path of Exile a Free to Play game took massive amounts of market share because of the poor business decisions the massive corporation Blizzard Activision made, blizzard inevitably had to replace the game director for the title.

But you go ahead follow like the good little sheep that you are. The world needs your type too. Chances are we're superior in more than just morality.
Are you REALLY trying to say you're superior in some ways because of someone's opinion about pre-orders? REALLY?

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have read on this site in a long, long time and there's lots of stupid shit getting said here on a daily basis.

cyke_out

Noob
I'm not against DLC, as long as it is not content that should've been (Or in fact IS) in the game, as it is the case with most day 1 DLC. And again, I'm not entirely against pre order bonuses, if Goro was still unlockable by playing the game I wouldn't complain cause I would still be getting the whole game. But the truth is I will have to pay extra for something that is on my disc, and that was removed only to be used as a marketing tool. Don't be fooled into thinking they are creating Goro just for this, he is not an extra that you wouldn't have gotten.

If they actually create Goro after the game has been released and it is then when you get your pre order bonus, then that is ok. Basically you would be given free DLC. But having to pay more for a character that is on the game is ridiculous.
But I'm not paying anthing for Goro, and even if I was so what? There is a limited budget to make a game. Some expenses can be offset through the possibility of future revenue acquired through dlc. The developers are betting that the dlc will sell to make up the cost of development.

Nothing is free. The developers can either go over budget and cram everything they know the fans want into the game and run risk of financial loss. They can stay in budget and cut characters and extras. Or they can offer extras through dlc, even day 1 products.

Since I am not entitled and I understand that hard work should be compensated, while also wanting as many extras as I can afford, I will gladly pay.

E

Eldriken

Once again people fail to realize if you preorder you're getting goro at no extra charge........i give up on society
Even those who can capitalize on the pre-order bonus (those who live in the US/UK) still consider it a "pay wall" despite it not costing you anything extra.

I just don't get it. They don't have to like it or agree with it, but giving people shit for not minding it? Get the fuck out of here...

Even those who can capitalize on the pre-order bonus (those who live in the US/UK) still consider it a "pay wall" despite it not costing you anything extra.

I just don't get it. They don't have to like it or agree with it, but giving people shit for not minding it? Get the fuck out of here...
i know right lol the poverty is too real with the FGC.....its convinced them they're paying for pre order bonuses.....Getting rewarded to pay a game off in advance at the normal price???? Damn those greedy bastards

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
My only issue is that Goro won't be available for tournaments, unless he can be unlocked bought on day one. I was going to pre-order the game anyway but I would've rather had Goro in the actual game than as a pre-order. Having pre-order bonus characters is really lame IMO.

Except for those not in the U.S./UK who cannot get the pre-order bonus. I think they have very valid complaints and showcase one of the main problems with pre-order bonuses.
Yes i know and ive said in another earlier post in this thread that sucks and i understand them but anyone in america that's complaining needs to stop bitching about this to be honest.

You guys are idiots. It's not like you have to run a god Damn obstacle course to get Goro. You just say, "yeah I'm getting that game. " it's not anymore money. If you were going to buy it this doesn't change anything. At all. If it helps nrs in some business manner, fantastic. I want them to succeed.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

Xbox1 was forcing the added Kinect with a bigger price point too. They also forced their online only policy.

How is that the same as having the choice to have Goro or not by pre order? If you don't want him, just dont pre order or purchase him as DLC. You might feel like its forceful because you clearly care about the game like the rest of us and want all the content, but its not being forced.

That said if you are are a hardcore fan you'll also have the choice to buy any and all the DLC before the Ultimate Edition is out too. If you don't want to buy it and want it later, again, you're not forced.

I see what you're trying to say, I just want you to understand everyone else's stance on the matter. And that is that this is all a choice, and one that if unwanted has ways around paying more.

Are you REALLY trying to say you're superior in some ways because of someone's opinion about pre-orders? REALLY?

This is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have read on this site in a long, long time and there's lots of stupid shit getting said here on a daily basis.
It's not in regards to ones opinion. It's in regards to being a leader or a follower. If you blindly follow people then yes you are indeed inferior in some ways to others. He was hyperbolic in the way he expressed the effectiveness of those who choose not to pre-order. Especially given recent history with development and how some major companies have flopped hard and some some independent companies have grown large, as such I was equally hyperbolic in generalizing him as a sheep.

Xbox1 was forcing the added Kinect with a bigger price point too. They also forced their online only policy.

How is that the same as having the choice to have Goro or not by pre order? If you don't want him, just dont pre order or purchase him as DLC. You might feel like its forceful because you clearly care about the game like the rest of us and want all the content, but its not being forced.

That said if you are are a hardcore fan you'll also have the choice to buy any and all the DLC before the Ultimate Edition is out too. If you don't want to buy it and want it later, again, you're not forced.

I see what you're trying to say, I just want you to understand everyone else's stance on the matter. And that is that this is all a choice, and one that if unwanted has ways around paying more.
Yeah I get that and I think choice is fantastic. There honestly isn't enough details on Goro and what will be for those who do not pre-order him. I'm just trying to say it's a slippery slope for companies that do this. KI is a great example of a game that did options correctly. For 40$ you get everything then from there you can buy just the characters, or anything you want individually. Now my fear is that I'll buy MKX for full price and won't get everything because they gated some content through Pre-orders or Day 1 DLC. I could be wrong! And I hope I am. I don't think NRS is one of the bad companies who abuse such tactics, however in supporting these business tactics you do nothing but encourage more of them in the future.

In the past when the main form of distribution was disk and not digital download, games were released complete. The problem now is that many companies use digital distribution as a crutch to release unfinished products or to segment finished products into multiple parts in order to nickle and dime people. If you look at the developers behind The Witcher 3 you will see how adamantly opposed they are to such practices and why the gaming community praises them so highly.

cyke_out

Noob
In the past when the main form of distribution was disk and not digital download, games were released complete. The problem now is that many companies use digital distribution as a crutch to release unfinished products or to segment finished products into multiple parts in order to nickle and dime people. If you look at the developers behind The Witcher 3 you will see how adamantly opposed they are to such practices and why the gaming community praises them so highly.
Games were made complete since several extras and ideas were left on the cutting room floor, due to lack of development time or budget constraints of whatever. Corners were cut and games were sold as is, bugs and all.

I don't know about you, but I would have loved to get my hands on any of those ideas that didn't make it into the game.

I'm not defending all dlc, but I am saying to pick and choose your battles and whining about Goro is a foolish battle. People supporting NRS's choice to promote MKX and Goro to drum up pre order sales aren't sheep. But the people that are complaining certainly are acting entitled.

Games were made complete since several extras and ideas were left on the cutting room floor, due to lack of development time or budget constraints of whatever. Corners were cut and games were sold as is, bugs and all.

I don't know about you, but I would have loved to get my hands on any of those ideas that didn't make it into the game.

I'm not defending all dlc, but I am saying to pick and choose your battles and whining about Goro is a foolish battle. People supporting NRS's choice to promote MKX and Goro to drum up pre order sales aren't sheep. But the people that are complaining certainly are acting entitled.
If expecting a complete game for the full price of a game is entitled, I guess so. I have to assume that the people paying full price the day the game comes out will not be getting goro as such they won't be getting the full game. If this isn't the case then it's not really a pre order incentive now is it?

I understand that it's just choice and technically they are not screwing anyone yet, but they are one step off of releasing an exclusive character for those who buy the collectors edition. 120$ and you get skarlet with the collectors edition.

And you're absolutely right, games were released buggy in some cases and that sucked. The hope is with current technology that, that shit gets fixed. But this is an entirely difference scenario. I'm all for companies making money off of content they make post released. They deserve it. My issue has been all along is when they have day one DLC, and other micro transactions before the game is even out.

To be clear, if NRS were to say Pre-Order now and get a character costumes, T-Shirt, MKX Coozy, keychain, behind the scenes footage, etc. I'd be all for it. But we're talking about a character. One that could see tournament play.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
In Gears of war 3 rare skins were given in codes. They later released all the skins for dlc to everyone but the dlc ones looked a bit different than the originals. That's what they should do.

I like Goro's hair. I don't think I've ever complimented someone's hair before. That I'm starting with a fictional four armed mass murdering martial artist.
..I think that might be a bad sign. :confused: