What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro Buff/Nerf Thread

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I said the move is redundant and variation is useless. Which is true because Kuatan Warrior deals more damage anyway.
He does upwards of 40 for a bar in fangs, so it does better damage for a single bar compared to KW.

I doubt they'll let regular spin pop up for that reason, it might break him

EDIT: Maybe the utility comes against characters where it's important to have meter to break?

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
He does upwards of 40 for a bar in fangs, so it does better damage for a single bar compared to KW.

I doubt they'll let regular spin pop up for that reason, it might break him

EDIT: Maybe the utility comes against characters where it's important to have meter to break?
So does Kuatan Warrior.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
Playing moar Goro, here's a few fixes I'd like - most of them have been already mentioned. It's really not much but QoL fixes in my opinion since I like the character as he currently stands.

- b12u2 confirmed fully regardless of distance (currently : any hit of the string can whiff at certain distances)
- Punchwalk/Spin build a bit more meter (currently : PW/Spin builds more meter for the opponent than Goro)*

* Meter-building is a problem across multiple characters - however as this is the Goro forums may as well mention it for him here, especially for multi-hitting moves like Punchwalk, which is core to the gameplay of Goro.

Anything further than that needs more investigation in my opinion.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
buffing his run speed slightly would be nice, sometimes i feel like he dashes better than he runs lol.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Make Goro's Command Grab catch incoming jumpers. I'm not one for pushing buffs and I'm not a Goro player, but I think this is an easy fix that Goro players would welcome and other players wouldn't disagree with.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Okay, my final change request for Goro Pre-Evo:

U1/U2: sped up 3 frames to 12 frames and armor frames 10-12.

Dragon Fang DB2 stab: input changed to DF2; sped up 2 frames to 14; hard knockdown

Tigrar Fury BF1: Regular version on hit on standing opponent will have the same burn effect and frames as his BF2;
Tigrar Fury BF1 (MB Version): Last hit adjusted to mid; one hit of armor

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
soooooo......... out of curiosity...... did anyone want these changes to lunge and command grab?
I guess it might help follow up damage to those moves, but I would have preferred a decent anti air and my only non metered launching string to actually hit people all the time.

D_Matt_Ma

I didn't ask for the lunge buff. I really wanted more buffs for the other 2 variations. Regardless, the throw buff is nice. I still probably will never combo into it as it builds way too much meter and deals too little from scaling.

D_Matt_Ma

Did some testing, my findings are:
Command throws definitely have more advantage on hit.
Lunge does NOT have more advantage. It's the same move un-changed.
MB Lunge has had increased advantage on hit.

Overall, only command throw was the significant buff. Wish he got more, but it's better than nothing.

Did some testing, my findings are:
Command throws definitely have more advantage on hit.
Lunge does NOT have more advantage. It's the same move un-changed.
MB Lunge has had increased advantage on hit.

Overall, only command throw was the significant buff. Wish he got more, but it's better than nothing.
It's good that a variation-wide move got the main buff, although Dragon Fangs got the best benefit with Stabs having the buff. Stay in and keep up the pressure, because that's all Fangs can do. :(

Hes just too slow bros. I feel like I am working double time for a win when I play as him. Even simple things like landing a max range poke and having the oppt get away because goros run cancel is ass is frustrating. Hes so free to jumpers and has damn trex arms on everything that isnt F2 which is like 20f startup is just too frustrating. Fast characters shit on goro all day /rant

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Hes just too slow bros. I feel like I am working double time for a win when I play as him. Even simple things like landing a max range poke and having the oppt get away because goros run cancel is ass is frustrating. Hes so free to jumpers and has damn trex arms on everything that isnt F2 which is like 20f startup is just too frustrating. Fast characters shit on goro all day /rant
I primarily use Fangs now since EX spin is a really good AA that leads to full combo. Also, it's a little hard but you have to start punishing crossup jump attempts with U1/2. Goro gets a full combo out of it and it compels the opponent to not do that shit anymore and will probably minimize the BS you lose to. For me, my footsies in the neutral are pretty good and I'm usually better than the opponent, but I lose once I start getting jumped on. Integrating those two things has helped a lot, though I'm still not very comfortable with AA'ing crossovers with U2.

If you just don't wanna use fangs, you an AA really good with EX stomp. It works especially well against opponents that like to neutral jump on your wakeup to make EX PW miss. The only problem is that Goro NEEDS meter to AA.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Ideally what I would want is a MK9 Sheeva style air grab, I used to take people out of NJP's mileenas telekicks, Kung Lao's and Sonya dive kicks, Sonya's arc kick and jump ins all day, it was such a great move. Making an ex version that would bounce people off the ground into the air for combo followup would be beyond amazing and make him no longer free to jump ins. Kotal Kahn has one that reverses sides that has those exact properties, just give Goro one that keeps them on the same side and it's not at all the same move. =)

D_Matt_Ma

I've raged enough about the garbage Liu Kang Reptile Kitana buffs because they cried loudest, while the Goro and F/T got nothing. We should just stop posting and let the Goro forum die. No point talking if nothing comes out of it.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I've raged enough about the garbage Liu Kang Reptile Kitana buffs because they cried loudest, while the Goro and F/T got nothing. We should just stop posting and let the Goro forum die. No point talking if nothing comes out of it.

Calm your balls, hombre, our time will come, we're getting bits and pieces with each patch, that's more than a few characters/variations can say.

They've shown that they haven't forgotten about us with these appetizers, the full-course meal should be upon us in a matter of time.

D_Matt_Ma

Calm your balls, hombre, our time will come, we're getting bits and pieces with each patch, that's more than a few characters/variations can say.

They've shown that they haven't forgotten about us with these appetizers, the full-course meal should be upon us in a matter of time.
I'm going to say the same thing I Just said in the Lui forum. If it ain't before Evo, don't give a damn.