What's new

General/Other - Goro Goro Buff/Nerf Thread

I'm going to say the same thing I Just said in the Lui forum. If it ain't before Evo, don't give a damn.
Highly unlikely before EVO now, but I'll take a buff later rather than never.

I feel like Goro doesn't need a full overhaul. Just two or three tweaks should bring him into mid/upper tier. He has the tools, he has decent damage, and if they go too far (i.e. MK9 Kano upball madness), he'll bring out whining and get nerfed back into oblivion.

As a Goro player, I have the following suggestions to each of his variations:

1) Kuatan Warrior
- His ex chest lunge is a decent wake up attack if you are cornered as long as you catch your opponent off guard.
- Both his normal and ex chest lunge hit high and are unsafe on block. I would suggest the chest lunge being mid and slightly safer (~-5 would be great). This would make the KW variation a viable option against opponents like Jax and EB, who tend to keep you cornered.
- His ex earth shake is a good OTG special, although kind of weird that the normal one is 2 hits and the ex is just 1. The ex ES leaves the opponent at a standing position, but Goro is negative on hit (or on neutral, not quite sure). If the hit advantage is increased, it would be a great option for some additional pressure.

2) Tigrar fury
- The dragon breath is a pretty good special with a great block advantage (normal only). The only problem though is that he does not have any true block strings cancelled into dragon breath. If they add some blockstun on some of his combos/normals (e.g. 1,2,1 or F3), Goro would be able to create some decent pressure.
- The close low fireball sometimes whiffs on certain characters in the corner, depending on which normal is it canceled from. I suggest that being removed, cos it seems really stupid and makes no sense. Would be great if NRS fixes this, so that a player will have his chance for some corner set ups.

3) Dragon fangs
- My main variation. Db2 is his best normal in my opinion - knocks down, hits low and is plus on block
- The ex fang spin is a great combo starter. The only thing that could be added is a constant 1-hit armor during the move, not just on start up.

These are my suggestions, which in my opinion would make Goro a more viable character. Right now, I think he is one of the worst characters in the game. Looking forward for comments and opinions :).