What's new

Gorilla Grodd Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That full screen jump in is sick. The ground pound screams ability to me although I could be wrong, we'll have to see.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like he has his trait on in the gifs. Maybe these are trait only moves?

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
So, Grodd didn't change much from what we already knew about him after this recent Watchtower stream. He still sounds like how Ketchup and Mustard described him: a big body with good mixup potential.

A couple of things I did notice, one was that the strings of his that lead into "grabs" are not unblockable--both the bite and the clothesline are mid, and maybe unsafe(-11 and -15 respectively, at the moment). Another was that the back+2 restand into gorilla leap reset is actually a full combo, at least on the ground. You hit back+2, go into the gorilla leap, hit jumping 2 on the way down, and it actually combos. I wonder if it combos if you hit back+2 during a juggle. It'll be worth testing when the game comes out.

Mr. Freeze

Green Lantern and Grodd Main
I love that his Back 2 restands and can also lead into a full combo if you cancel into monkey leap.

Mr. Freeze

@Tweedy what did you think of the Grodd breakdown? I think he has a lot of tools especially with meter. His trait has many different options.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
A lot of his strings lead into grabs but no actual stand alone special command grab from what I could see.
I hope he has that Doomsday style pressure then. He should have ways to stay on you besided the restand into demon flip shenanigans. Maybe the close ground pound will be used like earthshaker and be his safe pressure special

Mr. Freeze

I feel like Grodd's stampede will work similar to Grundy's Zombie Walk in INJ1. Being able to cancel it at any point will be good in neutral. What I couldn't see is if it had armor.

He looks incredibly strong, but with no overhead other than F3 and no command grab he's going to have trouble opening people up at first.
Yes I completely agree but I think this game will be more neutral based. Plus he has a grab whenever he jumps in. Hopefully his frame data is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.