What's new

Gorilla Grodd Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theflyingrocky

Kneel Before Grodd
I watched ketchup and mustards video and to me it seems grodd is gonna be like a better bo rai cho. What I mean by that is the minute grodd touches you you're about to get mixed hard unless you have meter or an anti air. I'm excited

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I watched ketchup and mustards video and to me it seems grodd is gonna be like a better bo rai cho. What I mean by that is the minute grodd touches you you're about to get mixed hard unless you have meter or an anti air. I'm excited
So does that also mean Grodd will be zoned out harder than Lex vs Zod

Theflyingrocky

Kneel Before Grodd
Grodds trait makes him like an ermac/kenshi and gives him several zoning options including the ability to buff himself to increase damage and give him projectile immunity. This paired with his currently safe on block bane charge which can be canceled like killer leather face which then let's you go into his monkey flip which is like Cammys hooligan move to strait up mix your opponent.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Gotta admit, after watching the available gameplay Grodd's trait seems a little too powerful. I mean activation = multiple telekinetic moves with good utility combined with full projectile immunity that doesn't even take away health?

Lol I dunno, seems extreme compared to traits like Superman hitting harder and Supergirl shooting out her eyes.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
After watching the Grodd footage from the recent E3 streams, I think he looks really interesting. He's a big body with elements of Ermac.

I was trying to analyze all that I could. Here's what I found:

--He seems to have a command grab. Does 16.00% to Atrocitus and 14.00% to Superman.

--He has two meter burn pop-ups. One from his pounce special(he gorilla rolls the enemy up in the air) and one from either a string or a special(he clotheslines the enemy into the air slightly, and switches sides).

--His trait grants him his mind powers, but let's call his trait "Ermac Mode". His zoning seems to come from the trait only. He has a Kenjutsu style force grab where he makes the opponent punch themselves; this can be meter burned for a stun. So, Grodd has something akin to Grundy MB swamp hands, which is very cool.

--During trait, Grodd has a float stance ala Ermac. It looks really silly. So far we've seen a big telekinetic burst that hits all around him during this stance.

That's all I've got so far. Grodd looks like a main for me.
He also has the a low into a grab when his trait was active that did around 21%, looks very similar Bo's f3 1+3 except it's more of a belly to belly suplex

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Did a bit of research on Grodd as I thought he looked awesome and I don't really follow comic books, this is my day one main, no question.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
Emergency; hit-box error found. Please view the tape at 1:08.
Grodd's fists clearly hit Wonder Woman but the game acts as if nothing happenend. Thoughts?

I$AAC

Noob
I can't help but feel that Grodd isn't getting the attention he deserves.

I think he's going to be a rushdkwn pressure character based on how his trait seems to make him invulnerable to projectiles.

I'm sure he'll have some mid range options like his tele push type move. I hope he gets in the beta soon to try him out. (When I get the beta)

I can't help but feel that Grodd isn't getting the attention he deserves.

I think he's going to be a rushdkwn pressure character based on how his trait seems to make him invulnerable to projectiles.

I'm sure he'll have some mid range options like his tele push type move. I hope he gets in the beta soon to try him out. (When I get the beta)
Agreed. He's really the only character out of the ones who have been revealed that i'm really itching to try out. He looks the most interesting to me gameplay wise by far, hopefully when they update the beta they'll throw him in.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind

I saw this. I remember Grodd from the Flash series. The movie Grodd is too strong compared to this one in Injustice 2. I remember Grodd grabbing Flash with telekinesis from far away (full screen distance) and pulling him towards him, and then punch him to the bridge.

BTW, I did read previous comments about comparing him to Kenshi and Ermac there. Let me tell you some tips.

Kenshi IS the telekinetic guy, which should be clearly compared to Grodd. Within the telekinetic powers there's, also, the mind controlling and reading.

Ermac is a psychokinetic guy, who, as the word states, controls and moves the souls.

Therefore, since he's a way stronger brute he should be a stronger brute than who they now introduced.

Hehehe I guess Harambe just needed Projectile Immunity.

Anyhow, it definitely seems like Grodd has Vortex potential with trait active and that "stop hitting yourself" MB Special. Thoughts on potential follow-ups?
LOL and They have not really shown us anything so honestly idk but the projectile immunity ddeff interest me and hopefully they keep it.

Mr. Freeze

Green Lantern and Grodd Main

Anyhow, it definitely seems like Grodd has Vortex potential with trait active and that "stop hitting yourself" MB Special. Thoughts on potential follow-ups?
That meter burned special does seem to allow time for a vortex reset. Looking forward to labing that.

Mr. Freeze

Green Lantern and Grodd Main

May be able to follow that up with MB Low Arm sweep which jungles then into a B3 then string into Grodd command grab where he eats your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.