What's new

Gorilla Grodd Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theflyingrocky

Kneel Before Grodd
I love this character and have wanted him in a fighting game for a long time. He has super strength, intelligence, and telekinetic powers. Did I mention he's also an ape? I'm so excited for this character.

What do you think Grodd will be like? He could be a grappler with his strength and big body which to me makes sense. However he does have telekinetic powers. This is a part I'd love to see emphasizedetails in his design maybe give him a push like ermac.

What type of gear will he have. Will he have types of battle armor for a rush down player. Or maybe he will have his helmet that you can equip to make him more of a zoner.

No matter what I'm hyped and I hope you are to. Let's discuss our gorilla Godd.

Kneel before Grodd

Theflyingrocky

Kneel Before Grodd
I do I feel like best thing for him is a grappler with some zoning presence. Probably with an emphasis on the up close game but, I don't know own what or how big a difference gear will make in this game so am still hesitant to say that

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I love me some grapplers and armor, but I hate talking monkeys and gorillas with a passion. Planet of the Apes, Grodd, Gorilla City, etc. Can't stand em.

This character has me torn pretty hard. If they make him absolutely savage and scary with his facial selling having him jaw open and eyebrows knit screaming charging at folks it'll win me over a lot. Pure wolverine style berzerker fury out of something his size would win over a lot of folks honestly.

On the flipside if his gear has an organ grinder outfit and cymbals to make him absolutely troll levels of ridiculous I'd also play him. After all I played Duff-man Bane all the time. That lucha suit was hideously glorious.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
I feel like Grodd will play a lot like Birdie in sfv. He can be used as a grappler or as a zoner. Maybe even have apes assist him in battle kinda like Konjurer Alien in MKX which gives him so much gameplay potential imo

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
If I am not satisfied with how Harley turns out (let's face it, that T Shirt almost 100% confirmed her) then I will turn to lord Grodd. I have always loved his character, and ape characters as a whole.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
I predict he will play very similar to how Grundy did in the original Injustice. A big sluggish grappler with armored special moves and a standing reset. He's probably going to debuff his opponent using his telepathy but will have to land a combo to do it. He should also bite people which is something Grundy also should have done.

I predict he will play very similar to how Grundy did in the original Injustice. A big sluggish grappler with armored special moves and a standing reset. He's probably going to debuff his opponent using his telepathy but will have to land a combo to do it. He should also bite people which is something Grundy also should have done.
That's what I expect too. And if it is the case indeed, Grodd will probably be my main character.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Looks like he has a telekinetic mind grab type move. He just stood there and it grabbed the guy. Looked very similar to the Kenjutsu tele-grab with less body movement on Grodd's part, but looks like you can "see" the energy coming towards you.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Ultra-Humanite and Monseiur Mallah alt skins, please.

They have to fix the last two hits in his super. He should smash them to their knees and then finish with the psychic/telekinetic barrage.

That's Grodd in a nutshell.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
After watching the Grodd footage from the recent E3 streams, I think he looks really interesting. He's a big body with elements of Ermac.

I was trying to analyze all that I could. Here's what I found:

--He seems to have a command grab. Does 16.00% to Atrocitus and 14.00% to Superman.

--He has two meter burn pop-ups. One from his pounce special(he gorilla rolls the enemy up in the air) and one from either a string or a special(he clotheslines the enemy into the air slightly, and switches sides).

--His trait grants him his mind powers, but let's call his trait "Ermac Mode". His zoning seems to come from the trait only. He has a Kenjutsu style force grab where he makes the opponent punch themselves; this can be meter burned for a stun. So, Grodd has something akin to Grundy MB swamp hands, which is very cool.

--During trait, Grodd has a float stance ala Ermac. It looks really silly. So far we've seen a big telekinetic burst that hits all around him during this stance.

That's all I've got so far. Grodd looks like a main for me.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
You guys need to check out this thread

https://testyourmight.com/threads/post-e3-rundown-in-depth-atrocitus-grodd-breakdown.60664/

I was in the Bane Council and I gotta say Grodd is making me drool from the rundown Ketchup and Mustard gave.
Remember...I'm the guy who did not like Grodd as a potential idea in the first game who really doesn't care for monkeys at all that talk. Like EVER. Like its a big thing with me. Like a VERY BIG THING.

...and this version of Grodd is someone I am certain I will have serious fun using if not end up with as a main.
Looks like he has projectile immunity as part of the stuff his trait lets him do, better bane charge stuff, D2 of the Gods, ton of other shit, and he can actually get combos off a trade with psychic grab? Holy shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.