What's new

"Golden Punches" and it's Tactical Usage.

ScheissNussen said:
You can get 3 in some situations but you have almost no control over when you get them. It basically comes down to luck of when some moves are interrupted by the hp's.

Death punch gets more than that anyway, all at once, plus it is easier to setup combos, is what Konqrr is saying.

Doing 1-2-3 hp's into a special can wiff on reaction, way more often than in situations that you actually setup and have control over. Even if you wiff after a dp, you will still get around the same amount of damage as a best case scenario for those 3hps and a special.
only problem is there is no security in death punching, if you miss, you get punished. no punishment at all in goldens.

when i aaHP someone using Golden punching, i get between 3 to 5 aaHP's. Ive counted the sound of the punches numerous times and i see over 3 punches. it all depends on how deep they jumped in on you when you got the golden aaHP's. PLUS when you get over 3 punches on them, they are way high in the air.

i cannot do that death punch shit on purpose at all. nice skills with that Aria.

my issue with single aaHP is that you only get one punch, when you combo out of golden aaHP there is way more damage. there is no security if you miss single aaHP. way way more possibilities with golden aaHP then singles if you ask me.

ask anyone who plays me, when i golden aaHP, i get lots of punches and they get sent way the fuck up in the airand i usually finish with more hits/combos.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
AriaDelano said:
Lately, I have even been able to create a combo with a dp, I think I was mileena and of all people kensi (fastest reflexes on the psn) and i was able to dp, roll, jump hp, roll (was in the corner). I dont know if the 1st roll was blockable (konqrr?) or not, because I think that was the end of the match.
That first roll had to have been blockable. The DP by definition hits multiple times and to cause pushback you have to hit 4 times. So there is at least 4 hits then roll for one more hit. We all know that any jump attack (jump punch in your example) that is the 4th hit or more knocks you down. Thus, it's blockable.

/mk school ^_^

dookiebrain said:
when i aaHP someone using Golden punching, i get between 3 to 5 aaHP's. Ive counted the sound of the punches numerous times and i see over 3 punches.
Whatever man, you keep telling yourself that. I don't want to argue with you, but you are wrong.

Konqrr said:
That first roll had to have been blockable. The DP by definition hits multiple times and to cause pushback you have to hit 4 times. So there is at least 4 hits then roll for one more hit. We all know that any jump attack (jump punch in your example) that is the 4th hit or more knocks you down. Thus, it's blockable.

/mk school ^_^
Whatever man, you keep telling yourself that. I don't want to argue with you, but you are wrong.
how? i do. its more then 2 aaHP's, i can make a vid and show real quick.

Konqrr said:
Please do! If I'm wrong so be it.
ok, i will. Im not saying im dead right because you have more knowledge of this then i do, but im almost certain i get between 3 and 5 aaHP's if they jump in deep and i connect. im gonna go home and see about making a quick vid.

when you get the 3 to 5, its NO different then when someone jumps at you deep but with no kick and do punch a million times. i think you think i might mean something else.

ScheissNussen said:
Death Punch:
Damage: +++ Massive damage, highest in the game
Speed: +++ Instant; Speed of a single punch.
Defense: + Vulnerable, but being hit only results in being jk'd
(except maybe extra projectile/torpedo damage[if you get this you are doing it in the wrong situations])

Golden Punch:
Damage: + Damage is usually 1 Hp or LP; Can result in higher damage but can wiff and be punished.
Speed: + Multiple stationary punches while blocking
Defense: +++ Can only take chip damage
Sticky please!

X820

Noob
Hehe, getting multiple aaHp's is 2-3, in a single scenario it CAN be 4 in VERY rare cases, but that's it..

The thing about these 'golden' punches is when doing then anti air is that you're to occupied throwing punchesin order to succesfully do anything else, in oppisite to doing a kara jab (100% shielded punch) wich gives you time to combo for far greater damage.

Also.. Dook, punching out Kang's flying kick etc is you assuming that you'll (ALWAYS) have frame advantage, wich you do not.

Start a round, do golden punches against Kang's bike kick; often it will connect yes, just as often as it will cause you to block (Kang hits you).

Locking down scorpion, or anyone in a corner, unless it's that infinite BULLSHIT, will cause you to punch over them, a toe or ducking LP is sufficient to make you block or in some cases even puchback you, case solved.

I agree that 'golden' punches can contribute to some scenarios, it's just not the next big thing, in the wrong hands it's the new cheese man.

dookiebrain said:
ok, i will. Im not saying im dead right because you have more knowledge of this then i do, but im almost certain i get between 3 and 5 aaHP's if they jump in deep and i connect. im gonna go home and see about making a quick vid.

when you get the 3 to 5, its NO different then when someone jumps at you deep but with no kick and do punch a million times. i think you think i might mean something else.
Dookie a dp puts you about mid screen away, i questioned the 1st roll because I was mid screen when i did it, and kensi ended in the corner.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
X820 said:
The thing about these 'golden' punches is when doing then anti air is that you're to occupied throwing punchesin order to succesfully do anything else, in oppisite to doing a kara jab (100% shielded punch) wich gives you time to combo for far greater damage.
^^ That's what I've been saying!

AriaDelano said:
Dookie a dp puts you about mid screen away, i questioned the 1st roll because I was mid screen when i did it, and kensi ended in the corner.
ill have to work on the DP shit, that is unfamiliar territory for me unless it happens by accident.

have any of you guys ever used or seen Goldens used offensively?

X820

Noob
dookiebrain said:
have any of you guys ever used or seen Goldens used offensively?
Effectivly, close kombat only... Like Konqrr also said, setting yourself up doing this shit makes you miss chances.

X820

Noob
dookiebrain said:
not if your buffing moves out of them. all i do is combos out of them. for me this works great, maybe only me.
Anything is possible Dook, that doesn't make it practical :)

X820 said:
Anything is possible Dook, that doesn't make it practical :)
very true, but for me im sure as hell having lots of luck with them. for me its very practical. For me i can buff everything so quick while doing them.

"golden cheese punching" is a better name...lmao

X820 said:
Fixed lol
lmao!!!

*one thing is for sure guys, i been noticing that we seem to be more into this game then any other game as far as other people go. look at us, we are freaking MK junkies. on a daily basis we all extract so much shit from these games, i never see that with any other game. I love the fact we are all so hooked on this game. we are all people who think about matches and MK even at work, home etc....

i think its great.

X820

Noob
dookiebrain said:
lmao!!!

*one thing is for sure guys, i been noticing that we seem to be more into this game then any other game as far as other people go. look at us, we are freaking MK junkies. on a daily basis we all extract so much shit from these games, i never see that with any other game. I love the fact we are all so hooked on this game. we are all people who think about matches and MK even at work, home etc....

i think its great.
Guilty as charged lol..

MK2 scene is most def the most vivid one of all..

I just made a QUICK demo regarding "multiple aaHP golden punching"

ok, in this vid there was lag, seriouz biz played my decoy. because of the lag at first i kept fucking up my goldens but then it got better and i was doing 3 aaHP golden punches. I know i have done at least 4, maybe not 5 lmao. this to me is FAR better then 1 single aaHP, the more the better right? and not only that but it gets blocked if you fuck up (even tho i fucked up a few times due to lag) and this is usually what i do when i play,and lots of it.

*remember i fuck up a lot in this quick vid, it gets better and more accurate more into the vid, 3 minutes.

Im gonna make a really cool video soon on offensive golden punching. this was just to show what i meant by multiple golden punching aaHP's real quick.

video up in 1 sec.

Fuck i just watched it, due to lag it was only 2 aaHP's in this vid but that is still more then 1 aaHP. Ill redo it and get 3 on film (i promise more can be done), i do it all the time, you can hear them landing,1,2,3. lag in this vid but ill post anyway. this is the highest you can send anyone in the air with aaHP, cant be done with only 1 aaHP.

X820

Noob
Nice vid.. why did you choose to do it on ps3? that shit ALWAYS lags lol....

Anyway, you hitting him 2 times (and up) has little to do with 'golden' punches man, you dont need to golden punch, it's easier as you are already throwing them, i'll give you that..

You getting hit, isn't lag related btw... you are ALLREADY are holding block, you didnt fail to block because of delayed input, you were blocking before he even jumped at you.

It's frame related, 'golden' punches aren't 100% fail proof, you CAN get hit.

X820 said:
Nice vid.. why did you choose to do it on ps3? that shit ALWAYS lags lol....

Anyway, you hitting him 2 times (and up) has little to do with 'golden' punches man, you dont need to golden punch, it's easier as you are already throwing them, i'll give you that..

You getting hit, isn't lag related btw... you are ALLREADY are holding block, you didnt fail to block because of delayed input, you were blocking before he even jumped at you.

It's frame related, 'golden' punches aren't 100% fail proof, you CAN get hit.
of course it can be beat unless the person playing is %100 perfect and doesn't fuck up. and i said i was fucking up early in the video by fucking up doing the golden punches and that's why i got hit when they weren't auto-blocked. i was trying to show in this vid that offensive golden punching can include doing multiple aaHP's WHILE golden punching and that this is FAR better then any 1 single aaHP with no Golden punching. that's all this little demo is about. and not only that but doing quick golden punchign while you are playing offensively is not easy, try it. start the goldens only when they jump at you and make sure you got it covered by the time they hit you, freakin hard, took mad long to become a habit

it has everything to do with golden punching because the aaHP is being done WHILE golden punching