What's new

"Golden Punches" and it's Tactical Usage.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Just because you might hit more than one jab while doing GP doesn't make them better. Doing GP is not to get an aaHP or two! You don't do them to get anti air. Everyone else times their aaHP.

I'd rather know that I will hit and be safe if I don't with the kara jab and expect to land a combo than take a chance on whether or not I'm in the right position to successfully land a couple jabs.

Golden Punches - Stationary, not certain if they will hit but 100% safe. Chance of more than one HP for more damage, limited combo potential off hit-confirm due to how you are holding block and tapping hp repeatedly.

Kara HP - Only one comes out, you can reposition yourself to make sure you are in the right place for it to be successful, 100% safe. Slightly less damage than multiple HP's. Much better combo potential as there is no need for a hit-confirm. You either hit or you block.

I know which one I will chose for anti air, there is no question. Don't get me wrong, I do know the value of the Golden Punch. I just wouldn't use it for this type of situation.

Konqrr said:
Just because you might hit more than one jab while doing GP doesn't make them better. Doing GP is not to get an aaHP or two! You don't do them to get anti air. Everyone else times their aaHP.

I'd rather know that I will hit and be safe if I don't with the kara jab and expect to land a combo than take a chance on whether or not I'm in the right position to successfully land a couple jabs.

Golden Punches - Stationary, not certain if they will hit but 100% safe. Chance of more than one HP for more damage, limited combo potential off hit-confirm due to how you are holding block and tapping hp repeatedly.

Kara HP - Only one comes out, you can reposition yourself to make sure you are in the right place for it to be successful, 100% safe. Slightly less damage than multiple HP's. Much better combo potential as there is no need for a hit-confirm. You either hit or you block.

I know which one I will chose for anti air, there is no question. Don't get me wrong, I do know the value of the Golden Punch. I just wouldn't use it for this type of situation.
timing a aaHP is easy. i wanted more. I use them for anti-air, see my vid.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
They are surely Golden with Sub and Reptile because if they come in to get their chip sweep you can just slide them for free. With Mileena you get a free roll and potential combo. If you got good timing and execution, you can quickly jump and to an iAF with Kitana that will likely hit them as they recover from the sweep.

For anything else, it's just not that practical.

Konqrr said:
They are surely Golden with Sub and Reptile because if they come in to get their chip sweep you can just slide them for free. With Mileena you get a free roll and potential combo. If you got good timing and execution, you can quickly jump and to an iAF with Kitana that will likely hit them as they recover from the sweep.

For anything else, it's just not that practical.
you will have to see the vid im making. I have found Lots and Lots of practical uses for them. trust me. and in very very aggressive ways.

X820

Noob
dookiebrain said:
of course it can be beat unless the person playing is %100 perfect and doesn't fuck up. and i said i was fucking up early in the video by fucking up doing the golden punches and that's why i got hit when they weren't auto-blocked. i was trying to show in this vid that offensive golden punching can include doing multiple aaHP's WHILE golden punching and that this is FAR better then any 1 single aaHP with no Golden punching. that's all this little demo is about. and not only that but doing quick golden punchign while you are playing offensively is not easy, try it. start the goldens only when they jump at you and make sure you got it covered by the time they hit you, freakin hard, took mad long to become a habit

it has everything to do with golden punching because the aaHP is being done WHILE golden punching
What I meant was, you can just punch if well timed to get sveral hits, no GP needed.
What do you mean..try it LOL, like I said, nothing new :)

And again, GP is N-O-T fail proof, you can get hit either way.

Beeing from a Jk or locking down someone in the corner..

For anti air this adds nothing more then a punch or 2 extra man, doesn't really seems worth the risk, also from GP a DP is VERY rare, kara jab is timeable, another bonus added to the kara :)