What's new

Question GL Tourney Players??

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
GL players are in denial/upplaying. the Superman matchup isnt even it never was, f2 getting a little less reach doesnt magically make the matchup fair now lol and i cant believe someone said he has bad wakeups, he gets out of lanterns resets/setups free. theres a ton of reasons its in his faor but im just gonna say you guys were in denial.

you can act like my opinion doesnt matter but ive been pretty much right about the character, if i recall i was the only one saying GL is upper mid tier and not top 10 months ago while the rest of you insisted he was "guaranteed top 10" or possibly top 5.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Damn, no one knows me except my local buddy Macro ;_;

I need to start travelling and placing in Injustice... game is so stagnant for me though. I need to start playing good people on PSN again. Who here plays on PSN?
PS4??

Brandon Fisher

The Based Guru
im glad the thread is getiing love but are most of you guys on xbl? i want to know before i go buy a copy. And didnt Gross or i think thats his name place top 8 with Gl at a recent tourney. Also i think the Supe Gl MU is 5-5 based on the supes nerf, even tough i still havent played the game at all pre-patch.

SWonder916

When's DragonBall?
Anybody have any advice for me on landing this certain combo string?? For the life of me I can't land the B3 after J3, 2, 2, MB OR
Any advice from the Corps??

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Okay, so I went into practice mode, to check damage on the main moves used in projectile wars.

Superman (normal/trait):
Heat Vision (ground and air): 7%/9%
MB Heat Vision (ground): 15%/19%
MB Heat Vision (air): 13%/17%
Heat Zap: 12%/16%

Green Lantern (normal/trait):
Oa Rocket (ground and air): 8%/9%
MB Oa Rocket: 17%/18%
Rocket Power: 10%/11%
Turbine: 8%/9%

All of Superman's projectiles simply knock you away to full screen. GL's MB oa rocket will bring the opponent closer, and at half screen, for 2 bars will lead to 36-46%, which means it's very dangerous to even use ground vision and zap from anywhere close to that (both options can be interrupted by an early oa rocket). Oa rocket can also catch backdashes in attempts to get away from this range. Outside of that, it still outdamages anything bar MB ground vision in trait, and Supes must use air vision very high in order to avoid both MB rocket and rocket power, which leaves you very open to air turbine (you already are anyway). Air turbine on hit from very high is a lot of corner push and a well-timed turbine from that range is fairly safe entry (especially with trait active). Air oa rocket can punish ground vision more cleanly than grounded can, so it has uses. On the flip side, Supes can dash under this for a punish.

Just some food for thought on the subject of Supes zoning being safer and more rewarding. Supes' zoning is extremely risky at points if he's not doing it from further than half screen. And GL has potential to overall net a lot more damage in one go if Supes isn't doing this from full screen, and can even punish retreat attempts.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Okay, so I went into practice mode, to check damage on the main moves used in projectile wars.

Superman (normal/trait):
Heat Vision (ground and air): 7%/9%
MB Heat Vision (ground): 15%/19%
MB Heat Vision (air): 13%/17%
Heat Zap: 12%/16%

Green Lantern (normal/trait):
Oa Rocket (ground and air): 8%/9%
MB Oa Rocket: 17%/18%
Rocket Power: 10%/11%
Turbine: 8%/9%

All of Superman's projectiles simply knock you away to full screen. GL's MB oa rocket will bring the opponent closer, and at half screen, for 2 bars will lead to 36-46%, which means it's very dangerous to even use ground vision and zap from anywhere close to that (both options can be interrupted by an early oa rocket). Oa rocket can also catch backdashes in attempts to get away from this range. Outside of that, it still outdamages anything bar MB ground vision in trait, and Supes must use air vision very high in order to avoid both MB rocket and rocket power, which leaves you very open to air turbine (you already are anyway). Air turbine on hit from very high is a lot of corner push and a well-timed turbine from that range is fairly safe entry (especially with trait active). Air oa rocket can punish ground vision more cleanly than grounded can, so it has uses. On the flip side, Supes can dash under this for a punish.

Just some food for thought on the subject of Supes zoning being safer and more rewarding. Supes' zoning is extremely risky at points if he's not doing it from further than half screen. And GL has potential to overall net a lot more damage in one go if Supes isn't doing this from full screen, and can even punish retreat attempts.
air turbine gets a bad rap but its super useful in certain match ups, this is one. the GL mirror is another.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
air turbine gets a bad rap but its super useful in certain match ups, this is one. the GL mirror is another.
it just gets a bad rap because its extremely situational, using ground turbine to get in is the same, gotta make the right read in the right MU
matchups ground/air turbine can be useful in: mirror, BA, Hawkgirl, Supes, Bane (to get away), DD, MMH (after blocked pillar) seems useful in the WW matchup too.
i personally use it against Aquaman players sometimes (in air right above ftd range) but thats just because they dont throw triden very often

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
@Orochi anything you want to talk about from Winter Brawl (thoughts/observations)?
It was fun, getting used to the atmosphere. Very hype much bigger than the local tournaments ive gone to it was on a whole different level.

I was a little burnt out by the time my pool reached (8th) switchin from ki and inj, the anticipation and the hype i didnt do or played as well as i wished. Pools were stacked with very skilled players and you really have to be on your best to make top 16 at a major like this.

I expect all inj majors to be like this. Final round will be even bigger. I'm giving myself time to get used to this great atmosphere and play as solid as i can with pressure. Just like I improved in local tournaments i want to improve in majors and also play well and the only way to do this is to keep showing and keep training.

Overall a great experience. All great players with their unique personality it was cool to finally meet them in person and talk and play with them. Im really glad i showed and am looking forward to more. It really is worth traveling for if anyone ever thinks about going to a major one day i highly recommend it, it is really a rewarding experience.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
Ok so today I was watching Orochi play and at some point in the match he did a turbine setup. WHICH SUCKS! It's either B1,3 or F2,D1.

F2,D1 sucks.

But Anyway as he did the turbine setup he some how ended up doing a F3 at the end of the turbine. How the hell did he do that? And no it wasn't in the corner. I think he might have been full screen away or maybe it was after a oa's rocket but I'm not that sure.

Also does anyone know or can anyone explain the turbine setup with the ji3? I've tried it a few times but I'm too far to cross up after my usual combo
(B1,3,trait, lift, 2,2,3, MB oa's rocket, 2,2,3,turbine)
I’ve seen some people Ji3, crossup. Any thoughts would help Thanks!

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
Ok so today I was watching Orochi play and at some point in the match he did a turbine setup. WHICH SUCKS! It's either B1,3 or F2,D1.

F2,D1 sucks.

But Anyway as he did the turbine setup he some how ended up doing a F3 at the end of the turbine. How the hell did he do that? And no it wasn't in the corner. I think he might have been full screen away or maybe it was after a oa's rocket but I'm not that sure.

Also does anyone know or can anyone explain the turbine setup with the ji3? I've tried it a few times but I'm too far to cross up after my usual combo
(B1,3,trait, lift, 2,2,3, MB oa's rocket, 2,2,3,turbine)
I’ve seen some people Ji3, crossup. Any thoughts would help Thanks!
B13 can be tech rolled. If they tech roll ur in range for F3. If not, JI3 cross/not-cross.

The Great One

x
B13 can be tech rolled. If they tech roll ur in range for F3. If not, JI3 cross/not-cross.
Can you help me with the turbine setup? I know after you do it you can b1,3, into a full combo and that's about it. F2,d3, is useless and punishable after the F2 and just...no. Not gonna ever use that. You're not in F3 range and people keep saying oh cross up not cross up ji3. TEACH ME

Everytime I do it he's too close for me to cross up. I'll post a video. Maybe it's just me but idk. When I'm near the corner I can do turbine happily cause of the different options but my bnb doesn't work if they know to block low

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
x

Can you help me with the turbine setup? I know after you do it you can b1,3, into a full combo and that's about it. F2,d3, is useless and punishable after the F2 and just...no. Not gonna ever use that. You're not in F3 range and people keep saying oh cross up not cross up ji3. TEACH ME

Everytime I do it he's too close for me to cross up. I'll post a video. Maybe it's just me but idk. When I'm near the corner I can do turbine happily cause of the different options but my bnb doesn't work if they know to block low
Basic BnB would be:
B13 trait, LM, 223 LM MB, B3, B13 Turbine

After the turbine is the reset. If they tech roll, they roll right into F3 range, which you can start as they come to you. If they dont, you can JI3 for cross up or not. They key is to watch their body while youre using the turbine.

The Great One

Basic BnB would be:
B13 trait, LM, 223 LM MB, B3, B13 Turbine

After the turbine is the reset. If they tech roll, they roll right into F3 range, which you can start as they come to you. If they dont, you can JI3 for cross up or not. They key is to watch their body while youre using the turbine.
Thanks ill try that when i have time. You can only tech roll one direction in this game?

Whats your go to combo when you're midscreen and you hit a B1,3 with one bar?

Mine is
B1,3,4,lift,2,2,3,Mb Oas Rocket,2,2,3, turbine (failure) set up