What's new

Question GL PLAYERS! Please list his bad MUs.

I'm pretty sure this thread is an exercise in denigration. Some high level players have accused GL players of down-playing, specifically anyone who says GL has more than 4-5 bad match-ups. Two people listing more than 4-5 bad MUs is apparently sufficient confirmation that the entire GL community consists of down-players. Never mind that GL is a character identified as one well-suited to beginners. If you are a pediatric heart surgeon who enjoys playing some Injustice when free time allows from your job of saving the lives of small children, who consequently has trouble with 7 match-ups, then honestly sharing your opinion here will confirm to them that you are an idiot and/or intentional down-player. Rather than taking the positive stop of accurately identifying which MUs are genuinely considered bad GL MUs by the pros, and helpfully articulating why and how one can overcome a perceived bad MU that "really" is not, they are more interested in laughing at you.

Overall, I have been very impressed by the TYM community, but this is a low point to me.
i'm fairly sure many are willing to explain why a matchup is not bad. If there is a matchup that GL's are having issues with, they should tag people like my bro DJT, KT Smith, and etc. to get some insight and helpful tips to help them have more success in the matchup that is troubling them.

i'm fairly sure many are willing to explain why a matchup is not bad. If there is a matchup that GL's are having issues with, they should tag people like my bro DJT, KT Smith, and etc. to get some insight and helpful tips to help them have more success in the matchup that is troubling them.
Plus there's a stickied MU Discussion thread you can refer to.

I'm pretty sure this thread is an exercise in denigration. Some high level players have accused GL players of down-playing, specifically anyone who says GL has more than 4-5 bad match-ups. Two people listing more than 4-5 bad MUs is apparently sufficient confirmation that the entire GL community consists of down-players. Never mind that GL is a character identified as one well-suited to beginners. If you are a pediatric heart surgeon who enjoys playing some Injustice when free time allows from your job of saving the lives of small children, who consequently has trouble with 7 match-ups, then honestly sharing your opinion here will confirm to them that you are an idiot and/or intentional down-player. Rather than taking the positive stop of accurately identifying which MUs are genuinely considered bad GL MUs by the pros, and helpfully articulating why and how one can overcome a perceived bad MU that "really" is not, they are more interested in laughing at you.

Overall, I have been very impressed by the TYM community, but this is a low point to me.
This thread isn't to make fun of anyone. I made it simply to see a point being made. It's turned into some discussion and some light trolling but that's it. I also have a MU discussion thread where we throughly discuss MUs that anybody will see long before finding this one, unless it's on the recent thread activity list. Some of the "down players" are members who post frequently and play often. It's a group effort of bouncing ideas off one another to evolve the game and character as much as possible. Not one single person is going to figure him out on his/her own. If you perceive what you read as bullying or what have you, rest assured that it's nothing but simple debating.

And frankly, if THIS thread is a low point for TYM then I'm sorry but trust me there's been and will be worse.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I think it's really just MMH, Batgirl and Raven.

I'm not fully sure on Raven, though.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
This is not a very effective way to base matchup numbers my friend.

That was me bragging I gave you the reason why DS loses afterwards but you didn't quote that ;p, we can play a set though if you're up for it, maybe your DS will be the real killer.

Actual bad match ups:

cyborg
sinestro

Annoying match ups:

Batgirl
Raven
Batman

Not enough experience but I could see cases being made:

Zod
Zatanna

EDIT: Added Batman

Great minds... although I wouldn't have added batman. oh and I can also see a case being made for MMH

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Great minds... although I wouldn't have added batman. oh and I can also see a case being made for MMH
I get bodied by Darth Arma regularly, but that is probably just a personal demon since I do fine against every other batman idk

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
i really dont see how anyone could call batgirl, raven, mmh, or zod even
i dont think sinestro is but i can see the argument and all i know about cyborg is fireball city

I think it's really just MMH, Batgirl and Raven.

I'm not fully sure on Raven, though.

i feel like if you just bulldog in slowly, once you get into footsies range then boom gl kicks her ass, in demon mode she might be able to screw with you not easily though because your uppercut is great for anti-tele... that rebelo kid has an obnoxious vortex...

i dunno, gls dash is so bad i can see raven fucking him up though... not sure haven't every played it...

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I have a lot of zod mu exp thats why i think it isn't a bad mu, Played against c88 shockwave's zod daily. His zod is amazing best I've seen.

theirs a difference between knowing the mu and not knowing it.
lets play please